• 7(current)
Mod CarPC-touch
(2016-01-04, 01:08)DarkerStars Wrote: There are how to's all over the Web

I'll have a look.
@poshbuggers. I had a look at this Skin. To modify the look only, you'd be mostly looking into the texture files. Basically you'll need to extract the texture file, replace the applicable images with the ones you want and then repackage the texture file. There is a tool somewhere on this forum that can help with this.

If you want to make additional changes to the skin's function, then that's not too difficult but a bit more work involved in dissecting and testing.
I'm not needing to change the function , purely the style.

The Pi will be going in a Star Wars themed van and it would be designed to look like it belongs.

Here is an early mockup.

Then it's simply just images. And maps.
Well let us know if you need more assistance or not while you make this theme available to all of us Smile
hqas anyone been able to get the navigation button to work
It does work. But this skin was designed for the RaspberryPi system. So the buttons commands are directed towards whatever Nav and Fm units they are used. Which are integrated into the skin. That stuff doesn't work for Android. Totally different system.

This is why Kodi being soooo vastly populated by multiple OS is a problem, gotta get people to develop for all.

Now the Navigation MIGHT... Keyword MIGHT be just a simple addon, But I have seen the Installation of this skin, its requiring some programming along with the rest of the RaspberryPi System.

I guess I will look into it a little more, But mods done to Kodi for Android Apps will not work for Kodi for Rasberry or PC. Android doesn't use .exe (windows executable files) and so on. I hope that explains why these things don't work. If I could get the buttons to activate SDRTouch (Currently only worth a damn FM App) or a Navigation App like Google Maps (IMHO better than the rest now that they allow for download of large offline maps for Navigation Purposes, it just runs smoother and cleaner than any other Navigation App on the market place.).... Having these apps open up in the Kodi App, Even the Skin might be impossible, or really hard to do. Should be easy to get them to open up a completely new window as it would if you clicked the Programs button, Android Programs and then clicked these apps. It would overlay everything.

BUT, I'll look into it.
Going back to talking with some people when I was running this on my Windows tablet, I remember this.

This is the buttons for FM Radio and Navigation.
Currently it's set to run a script which is programmed for the Navit and Radio FM programs for RaspberryPi.

They are what needs to be changed to execute an Android App or Windows Executable.

I tho, don't know what they would need to be changed to, to work.
You can replace the <onclick> with a different builtin function. I would favorite the Android app you wanted and then follow the steps from this forum post:

How to open a favorite directly
I'll try that next. I tried the direct approach by doing the StartAndroidActivity function but it hasn't started Google maps.
can anyone remake this app so the navigation button works and the radio for android
(2016-01-15, 05:22)1milenia Wrote: can anyone remake this app so the navigation button works and the radio for android
Please re read my previous posts.

It's being worked on, for reason as to why it's not so easy, see my previous posts.

You also must realize this fix would most likely be stuck to one app, like Google maps or Some other offline Navigation program. And Fm, well true FM is only achievable through SDR Touch unless you have one of those rare devices that have Fm built in. Or you want to use a streaming Fm app.

Which means the skin would have to be modified for everyone or everyone would have to use what the skin is designed for. It's a loaded problem with Android.
I'm sorry for the second post, but honestly I think maybe a vote should be taken for what Navigation App should be used. Since there is only one app for FM and that's SDR Touch, there are tons of navigation maps for offline use, I prefer Google maps because it's smoother than the others.
I figured out how to configure the Navigation button to open Waze on an android tablet (Nexus 7).

I opened up "includes.xml" in the 16x9 folder, and searched for navigation.

I replaced
Code:
<onclick>RunScript("plugin.program.navigation")</onclick>

with the following...
Code:
<onclick>StartAndroidActivity("com.waze")</onclick>

Seems to be working every time for me. I have a button on my navbar that allows me to directly switch to the last app so it makes changing pretty easy.

I haven't tried it with any other apps, but I will and will report back.

Yeah I've been doing that. But for some reason it's not working. And I've done it to both the radio (to open SDR Touch) and the navigation button (to open Google maps) nothing happens when pressing it.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CarPC-touch2