Keyboard Shortcut to set Active/Inactive Source
Hi all,

Please be patient, I'm by no means a software developer or otherwise clued up with coding so I'm hoping for the most idiot proof solution there is..

I have a Raspberry Pi 2 set up with Openelec and Kodi (both current versions). I've disabled the options to "Make Kodi the active source when starting" as we have a wireless keyboard that sometimes gets nudged accidentally and then changes the TV source. What I'd like to do, is put this option to a keyboard shortcut.

I've tried looking through the add-on "Keymap editor" but there is no option I can find. Is there a way I can assign two keyboard shortcuts, one to set Kodi as the active source and one to set it as inactive??

Thanks in advance..
You can use the CECActivateSource() command to make Kodi the active source in your system. You will have to assign this command to a key.

I have not figured out yet whether there is a way to achieve the opposite, inactivating Kodi as a CEC source without shutting down the RasPi. In principle there would be a simple CEC command to do it, it just seems not to be implemented in Kodi as a separate function. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard Shortcut to set Active/Inactive Source0