Win What is the database priority when scraper scan in Kodi
Hi all

Just want to make sure that when a movie use scraper to get its information, is the database priority of scraper's scan as below?

1st. the local nfo files
2nd. videodb (Kodi's library)
3th. Internet

If that, I have a movie folder and a video file inside without nfo file, I am very sure this movie title(same as my foldler name) is in my Kodi's videodb but it still cannot find it in videodb instead of internet when scraper scan it?
ex:
Code:
\movies01\大眼睛 2014\big.eyes.2014.mkv
Ps.大眼睛 is a chinese big5 format, not UTF-8

scraper
Code:
universal scraper

set content
Code:
Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title
Selected folder contains a single movie

videodb content
Code:
<movie>
<title>大眼睛</title>
<originaltitle>Big Eyes</originaltitle>
The scrper won't check Kodis own library. So the scraper will first check if a NFO file exists and if yes, the info is taken from there, and if no NFO file exists, it will search online.

Except you set Kodi to use 'local NFO only'. Then it will check only if a nfo file exists and if not, the movie won't be added to the library.

Nothing else
Thank you very much and may I ask more question about it?
1.How could I do to set Kodi to use local NFO only?
2.Based on item1, If no NFO file exist, will it set info from videodb?
3.If it set info from videodb, does it mean I cannot use smart playlist to sort my movies cause it will not add to library? that will be very strange...

(2015-05-02, 15:13)David1977 Wrote: The scrper won't check Kodis own library. So the scraper will first check if a NFO file exists and if yes, the info is taken from there, and if no NFO file exists, it will search online.

Except you set Kodi to use 'local NFO only'. Then it will check only if a nfo file exists and if not, the movie won't be added to the library.

Nothing else
1. in your scraper settings.

either you or me just didn't get something Wink. I don't know what you exactly mean with videodb. In you first posting you said "videodb (Kodis library)". So I assume we are still talking about Kodis own library. The videodb (Kodis library) is only filled with info, when the scraper has already done its job with scraping online or from local NFO files. So the scraper DOESN'T search for info on Kodis own library. I said that already:

[quoteThe scrper won't check Kodis own library[/quote]

As the library gets its info from the scraper which either searches online or in a local NFO

If I understand something wrong, please try to explain your question a bit better Wink.

But if no NFO file exist for one movie and you have set the scraper to "local NFO only", the movie will not be added to the library. The scan will skip this movie and moves on to the next file.

3. The scraper has nothing to do with a smart playlist. You can add any movie to a smart playlist, which is in Kodis own library. But I'm not very familiar with smart playlist. But I'm pretty sure, you can't add a movie to a smart playlist which wasn't added to kodis library.

Greets
Thanks for your explain again, I think I get much clear for it.
The only thing confused to me is what can I do to get video information if I don't have local nfo files and internet but already backup the Kodi? It's very strange that scraper cannot get information from my local data which I backup(I think it's the videodb I called) but for others.

(2015-05-03, 08:27)David1977 Wrote: 1. in your scraper settings.

either you or me just didn't get something Wink. I don't know what you exactly mean with videodb. In you first posting you said "videodb (Kodis library)". So I assume we are still talking about Kodis own library. The videodb (Kodis library) is only filled with info, when the scraper has already done its job with scraping online or from local NFO files. So the scraper DOESN'T search for info on Kodis own library. I said that already:

[quoteThe scrper won't check Kodis own library

As the library gets its info from the scraper which either searches online or in a local NFO

If I understand something wrong, please try to explain your question a bit better Wink.

But if no NFO file exist for one movie and you have set the scraper to "local NFO only", the movie will not be added to the library. The scan will skip this movie and moves on to the next file.

3. The scraper has nothing to do with a smart playlist. You can add any movie to a smart playlist, which is in Kodis own library. But I'm not very familiar with smart playlist. But I'm pretty sure, you can't add a movie to a smart playlist which wasn't added to kodis library.

Greets
[/quote]
Quote:The only thing confused to me is what can I do to get video information if I don't have local nfo files and internet but already backup the Kodi?

You never mentioned a backup Wink. If you have a backup of your videodb-file, which was already filled by the scraper, do another install of the same version of Kodi (that's important, because the version numbers of Kodi do a change for the version numbers of the database files as well), and then copy the "old"/already filled file over to the new installation, you neither need a online connection or NFO-files.

Or shorter said...if you copy the complete .kodi folder to a new Kodi installation you won't need to add something, as this would be a complete backup. Even the database file is backuped this way. But it's important, that you use the same Kodi version. The videodb-file from Kodi 14 Helix won't work with Kodi 15 Isengard!!

But if you don't have a backup and don't have a internet connection AND don't have NFO-files you can't add videos to the database, as the information must come from somewhere. If there is nothing which the info might come from, nothing will be added.

Hope this is clear now Wink

Edit:

And for the priority....if you copy the videodb-file over, this will be taken first. If there is no file and no internet connection and no NFO...see above Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the database priority when scraper scan in Kodi0