Changing Home screen
Hi,

I would like to edit a skin to remove all but settings and my videos on the home screen. Ive looked at a ton of skins and i see what to do on old skins, but they dont work with the newest XBMC,

and all the new skins dont have ANY .xml files of use?? what is the deal with that?

thanks

Joe
hehe must not have tried my unfinished Remix project Wink
tell us what resolution you use and I can guide you through removing them buttons. wouldn't a better idea be to make the buttons you want hidden but still available? that way you can turn them on in the event you need them.
that sounds better..i found the .xml files all in the pal folder...since im using composite NTSC, im assuming i should put whatever .xml files that i want to edit from PAL to the NTSC or NTSC 16x 9 folder right?

i'm trying to remove the my pictures and the my programs buttons.

thanks for ur quick reply!

joe
No, just edit them direct in the PAL folder if you use NTSC 4x3. The PAL16x9 folder if you use NTSC 16x9 or any of the widescreen modes.

The buttons are easy to remove - just look at the descriptions. The difficulty you'll face is that the background for the buttons is separate.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yup. as a result, it'll look pretty silly.
here's a project I and some other folks are working on:
http://appliedcuriosity.cc/xbox/Remix.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing Home screen0