Linux Ubuntu + Pulse-eight hdmi-cec
Hey i recently gotten one of the pulse-eight hdmi-cec thingies for the intel NUC, been running Kodi of Ubuntu on that for a while and thought it would be a nice extra to be able to control it with my tv remote.
So i went out and bought one, installed it when i boot up kodi it first sais its found, then it sais failed to initilialize after googling around a bit i noticed someone had something similar and had to do "sudo chmod a+rw /dev/ttyACM0" (got it from this thread).
So i went into ubuntu, typed that, then booted up kodi and it works nicely. However whenever i shut down kodi next time it stopped working again, have to redo it. Does anyone know the reason or underlying cause or perhaps is there a way i can get kodi to do that command on startup?
sudo adduser "youruser" dialout

sudo reboot

this will add "your user" <- you need to replace that of course to the dialout group which this device belongs to.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks, but it seems to have the same effect, after a reboot it wont initialize again untill i go to ubuntu and run either command.
then something is fully wrong with your setup. As those files belong to the dialout group. post a Debug Log of a non working session, including:

ls -l /dev/ttyACM0 | pastebinit
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
actually as i was fiddling the following occured;
went into ubuntu to make a check if i added the correct user to the correct group (i did ;P)
i noticed there was some ubuntu updates available so i figured what the hell and did them
went back into kodi, it worked.
shutdown, did a cold boot, failed to initialize, went back to the desktop environment checked groups and settings, was all correct (didnt type any other commands) went back to kodi and it worked. wich seemed odd to me.
so, shutdown, start up again, into kodi, failed to initialize. waited a bit and then it found it. So im guessing its just a bit slow detecting it off a cold boot.

In any case it all seems to work now, so thanks Wink
I did the following commands when my Pulse8 CEC external adapter failed to initialize:

Backdated libcec as per this thread
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257209

Then this code in terminal:

Code:
sudo chmod a+rw /dev/ttyACM0
sudo usermod -a -G dialout "your Ubuntu login name"
sudo reboot

This fixed the CEC functionality
Thanks for everyones help
I am running Ubuntu 16.04LTS & Kodi 15.2

(2015-05-05, 16:08)fritsch Wrote: sudo adduser "youruser" dialout

sudo reboot

this will add "your user" <- you need to replace that of course to the dialout group which this device belongs to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu + Pulse-eight hdmi-cec0