Linux Issues/Questions after Library Move to SQL DB
Exclamation 
Hey guys,
So just wanted to check in as been searching for this over the past week and can't really find much on any of the points am looking into, any help or ideas would be appreciated! I made the move to centralized library storage via SQL DB and went well but having misc issues been trying to figure out.

My Setup: I am using Arch Linux on the home server which hosts the SQL Database (MariaDB) and am using Manjaro Linux x64 (kernel 3.14.38-1) on the media center PC which has Kodi, at the moment that's the only kodi installation in the house however that will soon change hence the change to the centralized library. Running the latest Kodi stable (14.2-2 via pacman/arch repos) release, our libraries are all accessible via Samba/SMBD using a public share which is read-only to the Kodi machine.

When making the move I exported the library via single-file due to the Kodi box not having write access to the shares for various reasons, I then configured the SQL DB and then imported the single-file which unfortunately I had to do locally which is a whole other issue mentioned (#1) below, any help or ideas would be much appreciated -

1. When exporting single file and coming back to import, I realize there is a bug which makes kodi store the thumbnails/images location as where it's imported from which is why it is recommended via wiki to import the single-file backup from a shared volume ie the SMB share, makes sense however is apparently not possible? I have found similar reports on the forums but none were answered or resolved/no answers but when going to 'Import Library' it only gives two options home and root file system, both local, with no options for SMB/NFS/etc import locations. This caused issues which I've temporarily resolved however would prefer to get the image file locations on that shared path for when I expand Kodi into other rooms, is there ANY way to import the single-file backup from a SMB or network share?

2. Regarding the above, I first imported from /tmp/ purposely thinking I could change the paths in the SQL database and be good, what happened was movies seemed to be okay thumbnail wise as did tv shows however the season thumbnails were not, so as planned I went into the SQL DB and search/replaced all the paths in the art table (url column) from /tmp/kodiexport/.... to smb://ipaddress/share/kodiexport/... however after restarting Kodi after making the change all thumbnails disappeared/wouldn't show. So I tried using the 'Texture cache maintenance utility' which is a fantastic tool however for whatever reason that reported errors when trying to cache the files from the smb://ipaddress/share/... location, I tried searching the texture cache thread but could find no similar issues really at least any with any sort of resolution. Any ideas here? The only logs I could find RE the texture cache utility were WebServer could not access the location even though it was correct, but maybe requires a different format or something of that sort? I was thinking maybe the smb paths must be formatted differently than i was although everything I found in the past week seems to point to it being correct (smb://ipaddress/share/.......) unless am missing something, just cannot figure why kodi cannot cache any of it for some reason.

3. The above aside, with the current setup (which I re-did the database and kept the single file export locally so to avoid thumbnail issues until can figure a better solution ie #2 or #1 above), whenever I refresh a TV Show the watched status gets reset to unwatched, this is extremely inconvenient and wondering if this is a bug with specifically single-file exports/imports or something else? Does this happen with separate file export/imports? I assume that should not be happening/should be able to refresh a TV Show without completely resetting the watched status as was typical before I moved over to the SQL DB. Is there anyway to prevent this or is it as I'm thinking a bug with single file export as it's refreshing the files/information from the share which doesn't contain the nfo/etc that it would have in a separate file export?

I'm trying to get the above resolved so can close the migration so to speak and begin setting up more Kodi boxes, just want to ensure to get these kinds of issues resolved prior to avoid further headache. I have no problem redoing the database again if it could resolve anything, and I'd very much prefer the single file export for avoiding clutter and other issues specific to my configuration but absolute worse case if bug resolution isn't close by I may just have to temporarily override things and let it write out to separate files. Any ideas or information on any of the above would be much appreciated, thanks guys!
Anyone have any ideas?=[

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues/Questions after Library Move to SQL DB2