OUYA Application
Hi,

I am not sure, whether this has already been asked. I bought an Ouya and there is only an outdated XBMC version in their store. On the Kodi wiki page they recommend to sideload the Kodi apk, what I did. But that won't update the apk in the future and it is a bit complicated.

So why don't you sign up as an Ouya developer and upload your apk to the Ouya Store?

Or if you are not wanting to do so, am I allowed to do it? Same for Google Play store btw.
No, you are not allowed to upload our apk to their store.

Besides, they are using an outdated version of Android which is no more supported in Kodi 15, so 14.2 will actually be the last version working on the ouya and there will be no updates.
Thanks for the reply. So that answers my second question that I asked only in case that you won't upload an apk youself. Am I not allowed because of the license of Kodi?

And my first question was: So why don't you sign up as an Ouya developer and upload your apk to the Ouya Store? You could have done this in the past and could do it now, or are there still license problems if someone from the Kodi staff would do it?
I think you have missed the drama where OUYA got a law suite to remove DTS and AC3 decoding support in Kodi for the version in their App-Store. So if you now try to upload a vanilla Kodi version WITH DTS and AC3 decoding implemented, you'll be in big trouble. And because we don't do custom builds but only deliver vanilla Kodi versions, it's not up to us to publish a modified and hacked version to their store. It's an OUYA specific/optimized version of Kodi in their store and it has to be such for legal reasons.
If you rename the app and remove DTS and AC3 software decoding, then you could submit it to the OUYA store. Assuming they're still taking submissions and haven't shut down by the time its all ready ;)

Personally, I think any OUYA owners who need to run Kodi should flash a new Android ROM on their OUYA. I put CM 11 on mine and it works very well, and it can work with Google Play and the Amazon app store, which are both more likely to still be around in the future.
(2015-05-09, 03:24)Ned Scott Wrote: If you rename the app and remove DTS and AC3 software decoding, then you could submit it to the OUYA store. Assuming they're still taking submissions and haven't shut down by the time its all ready Wink

Personally, I think any OUYA owners who need to run Kodi should flash a new Android ROM on their OUYA. I put CM 11 on mine and it works very well, and it can work with Google Play and the Amazon app store, which are both more likely to still be around in the future.

I run kodi 15 as of now just splendidly on my ouya and its the fastest ive ever seen it! Im not sure what the cm11 is? Care to elaborate?

I went thru the web browser and downloaded the arm version of kodi and it loads perfectly fine.....

Why do u recommend us ouya owners who run kodi to flash their box with a different rom?

Is there an upside to this?
The latest v15 builds and the final version of v15.0 won't run on the OUYA anymore because the OS doesn't support the Android APIs the newer versions need. CM is CyanogenMod: http://cyanogenmod.org , which is a replacement Android install. Users who want to use the release version of v15 and other future versions of Kodi should replace the OUYA-OS.
(2015-05-09, 05:22)Ned Scott Wrote: The latest v15 builds and the final version of v15.0 won't run on the OUYA anymore because the OS doesn't support the Android APIs the newer versions need. CM is CyanogenMod: http://cyanogenmod.org , which is a replacement Android install. Users who want to use the release version of v15 and other future versions of Kodi should replace the OUYA-OS.

Oh my THANK YOU NED! I needed to hear this as i would have been out of the loop if i hadnt saw this posting!

Is it hard to install the cm? And does it replaces the whole ouya software!?
I do have to ask where the ouya is listed? The link only ahows phones.... So im not sure what to use?
Thank you for the answer. Did not know the reasons for not being in the Ouya store.

But you aren't in the PlayStore either. For the same reason?
I've only gotten this made so far HOW-TO:Install CyanogenMod on OUYA (wiki)

I was going to turn that into a somewhat easier guide, but I'm holding off because someone else is porting Android TV to the OUYA, which will be much better to use for a TV- environment.
(2015-05-11, 07:44)Ned Scott Wrote: I've only gotten this made so far HOW-TO:Install CyanogenMod on OUYA (wiki)

I was going to turn that into a somewhat easier guide, but I'm holding off because someone else is porting Android TV to the OUYA, which will be much better to use for a TV- environment.

Ill give it a read thru when i get a chance!

Thanks and yeah i saw a few things about android tv, i want to add it as well!
Ive installed Cyanogen CM11 onto my OUYA and have installed Jarvis. Seems to work good. One thing I have found that is missing though is the OSD. There seems to be no way I can bring it up. I have tried the key editor as well.

I have tried the confluence skin to rule out any skin addons.

Can someone help?
Have u looked at the kodi keyboard key strokes?? Might be a way thru that means?

And osd? Im lost to what that means? Can u post some pics?

Sent from my IpP using tapatrash
(2015-05-11, 07:44)Ned Scott Wrote: I've only gotten this made so far HOW-TO:Install CyanogenMod on OUYA (wiki)

Dang android tv to the ouya! Im in! Where is that started at?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OUYA Application0