Refresh File View?
I have most of my content libraried but i map a favourite folder to my home menu so i can watch any items that are "hot off the press", basically just a file view to a specific directory on my NAS.

but recently i moved my NAS to an off location and am VPNing into the network, so setup is identical but the access speed is reduced. I've noticed that the mapped file view location no longer refreshes unless I reboot or go in/out of the directory.

Normally hitting the two dots at the top isn't a big deal but i have disabled access to parent directories for a cleaner look and to lessen the chances of confusing the wife.

Is there a button or something that can refresh the current folder I'm viewing?

Example: browse a folder in windows, right click and refresh. that would solve my problem
I guess I could just turn "Show parent folder items" back on but is there a way to specify that only in file view? in library mode I find it annoying as it shows the default background instead of fanart (when selected) and TVtunes also does not consider hovering on the return arrow as "in that show" so the music does not play
I think there is a refresh contents Action ID (wiki) that can be mapped to a remote.
Actually, it's a built-in function. You want to use "Container.Refresh" so a keymap would look something like

<key>Container.Refresh</key>
Worked like a charm, thanks Ned

I found that command but i was wasting my time trying to execute it when entering the custom favourite folder. mapping it to a button worked perfect.

Cheers,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh File View?0