Screen turns off during video playback
I'm running Kodi 14.0 on Ubuntu 14.04. As of about two weeks ago, without changing anything or running any updates, the screen has started turning off in the middle of video playback.

To be clear, the video plays perfectly for about fifteen minutes, and then turns off like it's going to sleep. The audio keeps playing, and I can bring it back by pressing any button just like it's asleep. But I've turned off sleep in system settings, turned off the screensaver, and checked my tv settings.

Any ideas?
No, no idea...not without a Debug Log
So I restarted my media center to create a debug log that wasn't a million lines long, and now I can't reproduce the issue. Apparently it was a side effect of leaving my machine on for weeks at a time.
I had this happen a while ago and can't for the life of me recall what fixed it. It could have been an Ubuntu update which needed a reboot to make it function properly.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen turns off during video playback0