Win Kodi testbuild with AudioDSP support
it will take some time (months) untill you'll see a beta release. There will be several monthly alpha snapshots until then which you could test - these should be pretty safe to test, but there is ofc no guarantee that there aren't any hickups, so backup your userdata folder just in case. I'd not recomment using nightly builds atm, at least not if you don't want to take the risk for things to break, especially no nightlies from the first days of a merge window (which is the first 20 days of a months).
Thanks. I think I'll just wait for now. I finally got audio processing perfect for TV/Movies/Video Addons via the DSPlayer build of Kodi; so, I'm sticking with what I have for now; albeit, not audio processing for Music sources.
(2015-08-02, 23:28)wisler Wrote:
(2015-08-02, 20:49)dhead Wrote: ...
Couldn't get adsp.xconvolver to compile, it needed CHelper_libKODI_audioengine from non existing libKODI_audioengine.h .
At the moment adsp.xconvolver is in a really early development stage and thats the reason why it is not available under https://github.com/kodi-adsp. It's not finished and at the moment not usable.
You are to fast Blush

You can find my CHelper_libKODI_audioengine in:
https://github.com/AchimTuran/kodi/blob/...ioengine.h and the related PR is here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7610

Thanks I missed that PR.
I failed building Kodi with that PR, had an issue while linking (in Linux), I'm in no way knowledgeable enough (yet) to be able to fix this so I'll just post the log output, I hope this would help.

Code:
LD      kodi.bin
xbmc/addons/addons.a(AddonCallbacks.o): In function `ADDON::CAddonCallbacks::AudioEngineLib_UnRegisterMe(void*, CB_AudioEngineLib*)':
/tmp/kodi-devel/src/xbmc-caa8bdcf1ac23403675c28710c32d98d1baf8e0d/xbmc/addons/AddonCallbacks.cpp:155: undefined reference to `ADDON::CAddonCallbacksAudioEngine::~CAddonCallbacksAudioEngine()'
xbmc/addons/addons.a(AddonCallbacks.o): In function `ADDON::CAddonCallbacks::AudioEngineLib_RegisterMe(void*)':
/tmp/kodi-devel/src/xbmc-caa8bdcf1ac23403675c28710c32d98d1baf8e0d/xbmc/addons/AddonCallbacks.cpp:142: undefined reference to `ADDON::CAddonCallbacksAudioEngine::CAddonCallbacksAudioEngine(ADDON::CAddon*)'
xbmc/addons/addons.a(AddonCallbacks.o): In function `ADDON::CAddonCallbacks::~CAddonCallbacks()':
/tmp/kodi-devel/src/xbmc-caa8bdcf1ac23403675c28710c32d98d1baf8e0d/xbmc/addons/AddonCallbacks.cpp:68: undefined reference to `ADDON::CAddonCallbacksAudioEngine::~CAddonCallbacksAudioEngine()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:486: recipe for target 'kodi.bin' failed
make: *** [kodi.bin] Error 1
Wow, this looks awesome! I'm going to have to try a test build later. I've been trying to find a way to use brutefir on a pc to realize 4 way phase linear active crossovers, generating the filters with rePhase, which has resulted in significant headaches.

Since I love Kodi anyway, I'm really looking forward to trying this.
Can I play mono channel e.g. left channel of audio stream to all speaker now?
Currently we don't have a channel remapper. We have a surround upmixer but it is not possible to configure the channels that are used for upmixing.
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
Oh, I've thought this has been implemented. See the post below:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1945231

Thanks
Given my other thread, I thought I'd download one of the latest Windows binaries to have a look at this project. I can see, configure and enable the addons but I don't have any method of actually setting variables. There is no manage/enable audio DSP settings in the System->System->audio output menu. Do I need to download something else? Set a variable somewhere? Am I looking in the wrong place for managing the audio DSP settings?
(2015-12-31, 19:30)arad85 Wrote: Given my other thread, I thought I'd download one of the latest Windows binaries to have a look at this project. I can see, configure and enable the addons but I don't have any method of actually setting variables. There is no manage/enable audio DSP settings in the System->System->audio output menu. Do I need to download something else? Set a variable somewhere? Am I looking in the wrong place for managing the audio DSP settings?

You have to install Kodi 16 Javis, then enable Audio DSP processing. You will see Audio DSP manager when you change Setting level from Basic to other higher setting level
(2015-12-31, 21:14)newnews Wrote: You have to install Kodi 16 Javis, then enable Audio DSP processing. You will see Audio DSP manager when you change Setting level from Basic to other higher setting level
I'm on expert and installed Kodi 16... Where do I enable audio DSP processing?

Happy New Year Wink
I use Kodi 16 beta 5 on a windows 10 system and try to use the equalizer. It works great, exept when changing a music stream.The volume increases and the sound deforms. I have to play with the amp in de EQ settings to reset the level. Is it a setting I have to to or is it perhaps a bug in Kodi?
(2016-01-12, 21:16)arnoldjan Wrote: I use Kodi 16 beta 5 on a windows 10 system and try to use the equalizer. It works great, exept when changing a music stream.The volume increases and the sound deforms. I have to play with the amp in de EQ settings to reset the level. Is it a setting I have to to or is it perhaps a bug in Kodi?

Sounds like a bug in Biquad.

The next time you should create a new thread about that issue and not post it in this thread. This one is old and was created before we merged AudioDSP.

(2016-01-01, 03:08)arad85 Wrote:
(2015-12-31, 21:14)newnews Wrote: You have to install Kodi 16 Javis, then enable Audio DSP processing. You will see Audio DSP manager when you change Setting level from Basic to other higher setting level
I'm on expert and installed Kodi 16... Where do I enable audio DSP processing?

Happy New Year Wink

You should always see enable AudioDSP processing. It's available at Settings->System->Audio Output.
Please do not use the test builds from this thread. They are very old and include bugs.
You should use our nightly builds or latest beta version.

(2016-01-13, 09:12)wisler Wrote: You should always see enable AudioDSP processing. It's available at Settings->System->Audio Output.
Please do not use the test builds from this thread. They are very old and include bugs.
You should use our nightly builds or latest beta version.

Hi Wisler,

Nope: Image

The only text off the bottom of the screen is

(grey) Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver
(grey) DTS capable receiver
Reset settings to default

This is with
Which OS?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi testbuild with AudioDSP support0