No Media Flags On Videos From NAS Library
Hello there, I have setup a MySQL library with my files hosted on a NAS (Netgear R7000+DD-WRT+USB External Drive), MySQL is installed on the router, Samba & FTP activated. Everything works fine (access to library, shared library, resume points & watched status) except for the fact that I do not get the media flags (resolution, sound, language...etc) when I press "i" for info. They show up only if I play the video for few secs, stop it and then the flags appears. Although when I add videos to my library from local drive, the flags appears automatically, no need to play the video for few secs.

Is the problem from my NAS (reading speed or permissions) or is it Kodi not being able to read "video infos or specs" from NAS?

Thank you.
No..I think the missing flags come from files you have newly added and there is NFO for those files already. Those flags are only displayed if the movie has run once. If you then export the library, this info is written to the nfo and will be imported at next scan (for a new client for example). If this file wasn't scanned and exported already the flags you mentioned aren't scraped. So the movie has to be played once to get those flags.

Normal behaviour in my eyes
It does not really matter if it is a newly imported file or not, I do not use ever library export/ import, all those tests have been done from fresh new library, let me explain :

1st Test : Files on NAS > Add NAS as Samba in Kodi sources > Videos imported = Missing flags on video information (key "i" pressed) and show up only when I play video for few secs.

2nd Test : Library deletion from previous Test > Files on Local Drive > Add Local Drive as source in Kodi > Videos imported = Flags presents on video information (key "i" pressed), no need to play the video for secs.

3rd Test : Library deletion from previous Test > Files on NAS > Added NAS as Samba in Kodi sources > Videos imported = SAME RESULTS AS TEST 1, flags missing in video information unless I play the video for few secs...

Oh and all those tests have been done with the exact same video (movie).

So obviously something isn't right...
Please guys I am going nuts here, not even a clue or an idea?
If this is reproducable, so provide 2 different Debug Log...

The first log while the flags are present and the second where the flags are missing. Otherwise I don´t have any clue why this happens. The only thing I could imaging is, that the local files have own NFOs matching to the movie. But, as you said, there are no NFO files in general...so I don´t have any idea why this should be.
I did figure the issue :

SMB source added this way : smb://SERVERNAME/folder = flags appearing

but if SMB source added this way : smb://IPADDRESS/folder = NO flags present

Which brings me to the previous issue stated in another post, issue with SSH/SFTP connect and the "no permission" when connected through FTP.

Seems like Kodi has some issues with ports used in SMB, SSH/SFTP and FTP for remote connection since all the necessary ports are open in my router.
Same problem. An older version of OpenElec/Kodi would pickup the flags without playing the files first. After I upgraded, no media flags unless I play file (except for a few that it picked up from filename). Using IP or hostname didn't make a difference. Any solutions? Can someone wrtie a plugin to force an update of flags?
Same problem here also.
Using Openelec 6.0.3 and files are on a Win 7 desktop.

Using IP or Hostname in smb server address didn't help either...

@miketheman32 did you find the answer my friend?

EDIT: Find the answer for my case.
Settings - Video - Filelists CHECK Extract Video Information From Files..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Media Flags On Videos From NAS Library0