MediaPortal refugee here, need a few tips getting Kodi tweaked!
Hi guys! I've been using MediaPortal on my HTPC for years now, but I'd finally had enough of it's crashes and other oddness, so I thought I'd give the software MP came from a try. So far, I quite like it! I especially like that I can get the line of banners to the right for TV shows. This kind of layout was what first introduced me to MP but sadly the skin that had this layout never got updated to work with the newer version of MP and I never found a good replacement. I also like how upscaling (is 100% the best quality setting?) and refresh rate changing are supported out of the box.

Anyway, I've been tweaking the software and I've got it pretty setup. My biggest issue is getting my anime working! I've got my TV series and movies all there, but my anime doesn't appear. I also want there to be an "anime" option on the main menu. I've used Video Node Editor to create a new parent node and got it all setup with the node only displaying content from my anime directory and I've got the order correct. But it won't appear on my main menu! I figured maybe it was because the Transparency! skin seems to be in control of what appears on the main menu, but I don't see the new anime node I created in it's list of nodes to enable. How can I fix this?

Also, when it comes to importing my anime, if there a way of doing it via hashes instead of the file name? One of the best features of the myanime plugin for MP was it's ability to match files to the aniDB based on the hash instead of the file name, which gave exact matches, down to the group who subbed it.
At one point I think someone had some modded scraper that looked for hashes or something like that, but I might be wrong because I can't seem to find any info about it.

As for getting the Anime node to show, try selecting the node, brining up the context menu, and saving it as a favorite. Then you should at least be able to set the favorite (which is really just a bookmark) to the main menu in Transparency.
you should set upscaling to 0 or 10%. 100% means no upscaling. for quality you should set the upscaling method to lanczos3. if you use windows have a look in advanced settings xml to activate highquality upscaling shaders.
(2015-05-13, 23:02)Ned Scott Wrote: At one point I think someone had some modded scraper that looked for hashes or something like that, but I might be wrong because I can't seem to find any info about it.

As for getting the Anime node to show, try selecting the node, brining up the context menu, and saving it as a favorite. Then you should at least be able to set the favorite (which is really just a bookmark) to the main menu in Transparency.
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing, though I created a smart playlist that uses my anime folder as it's source. Kinda annoying that I can't choose the position of the anime button (it ends up after options) but it seems like the only way to fix this is to edit the skin itself. I've tried following guides on how to do this but I cannot for the life of me get it to work. I can't even get the new node to appear!

(2015-05-14, 11:45)Ed76 Wrote: you should set upscaling to 0 or 10%. 100% means no upscaling. for quality you should set the upscaling method to lanczos3. if you use windows have a look in advanced settings xml to activate highquality upscaling shaders.
I didn't have an advancedsettings.xml file until I created one to try to fix my issues with episode matching with my anime, so obviously I don't have these high quality upscale shaders. How can I get them? And how good are they? I had some FFDSHOW upscale filters for MP that gave me great results since I had three sets of filters that were applied depending on if the video is SD, 720p or 1080p (the 1080p filter obviously left the video untouched ;P)

I'm currently trying to get my anime working and I'm having all kinds of issues!
1) It creates entries for a number of series, but MANY are missing
2) It often creates an entry, but no episodes are listed
3) The banner art is using the poster art, so it all messed up. This happened after I changed from the tvDB to the aniDB plugin but even changing the plugin's settings to include banners from tvDB didn't solve the issue.
4) I seemed to have been banned from the aniDB. Since there's no hash matching, is there even any point to using the aniDB plugin?

I suspect that Kodi isn't able to match the episodes to the files, but I was under the impression this script was suppose to fix this issue:
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<!-- Regex info: -->
<!-- First capturing match is assigned to the season. Second capturing match is assigned to the episode. -->
<!-- (?i) turns on case-insensitive matching -->
<!-- (?Confusedtuff) is a non-capturing group for 'stuff', so as not to interfere with season/episode numbers. -->

<!-- Anime specific matching. -->

<!--
Building the regex from back to front:

Closing checksum (optionally followed by random text, but we don't have to match that) contained in (), {} or [].
Preceded by any number of bracketed items of any sort of content, with possible spacing, dashes or underscores in between
Possibly preceded by unbracketed text. Make sure it doesn't find episode numbers inside brackets.
Preceded by the episode number (optionally labelled), with possible version number
Preceded by various combinations of dash, dot, underscore or space, to separate the title from the episode number
Possibly preceded by a season number, or 'Special' or 'OVA'
-->

<!-- Regexes listed in order of match preference -->
<!-- The regexes in the prepend set are anchored to checksums, so should be checked before normal Kodi defaults. -->

<!-- For reference, this is the regex containing everything from the episode number onwards. It will be the same for all regexes in this section. -->

<!-- <regexp>(?:[ _.-]*(?:ep?[ .]?)?(\d{1,3})(?:[_ ]?v\d+)?)+(?=\b|_)[^])}]*?(?:[[({][^])}]+[])}][ _.-]*)*?(?:[[({][\da-f]{8}[])}])</regexp> -->

<!-- Anything with the filename marked as Special/OVA/OAV/etc goes to season 0, regardless of what the directory may say. -->

<!-- EG: [SHiN-gx] Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!! - Special 1 [720x480 AR h.264 FLAC][v2][FF09021F].mkv -->
<!-- EG: [gleam] Kurenai OVA - 01 [OAD][0e73f000].mkv -->
<!-- EG: [Jarzka] Saki Picture Drama 1 [480p 10bit DVD FLAC] [BA3CE364] -->
<regexp>(?i)(Special|SP|OVA|OAV|Picture Drama)(?:[ _.-]*(?:ep?[ .]?)?(\d{1,3})(?:[_ ]?v\d+)?)+(?=\b|_)[^])}]*?(?:[[({][^])}]+[])}][ _.-]*)*?(?:[[({][\da-f]{8}[])}])</regexp>

<!-- Then check if we have an explicit season directory. -->

<!-- Inside a directory that specifies the season. May include any number of subdirectories. Doesn't try to find season markers in the file name. -->
<!-- EG: Saki/Season 1/Saki [Jarzka]/[Jarzka] Saki 01 - Encounter [480p 10bit DVD FLAC] [9EED32CB] -->
<!-- EG: Saki/Season 3/[Underwater-FFF] Saki Zenkoku-hen - The Nationals - 01 (720p) [AF65724D] -->

<regexp>(?i)[\\/](?:S(?:eason)?\s*(?=\d))?(Specials|\d{1,3})[\\/](?:[^\\/]+[\\/])*[^\\/]+(?:\b|_)(?:[ _.-]*(?:ep?[ .]?)?(\d{1,3})(?:[_ ]?v\d+)?)+(?=\b|_)[^])}]*?(?:[[({][^])}]+[])}][ _.-]*)*?(?:[[({][\da-f]{8}[])}])</regexp>

<!-- Include season marker in the filename. -->
<!-- EG: [CoalGuys] K-ON!! S2 - 05 [4B19B10F] -->

<regexp>(?i)[-._ ]+S(?:eason ?)?(\d{1,3})(?:[ _.-]*(?:ep?[ .]?)?(\d{1,3})(?:[_ ]?v\d+)?)+(?=\b|_)[^])}]*?(?:[[({][^])}]+[])}][ _.-]*)*?(?:[[({][\da-f]{8}[])}])</regexp>

<!-- Anything else gets the default blank first capture, which sets the file to season 1. -->

<!-- EG: [avatar-nyanko] Koikoi 7 - 01 (DVD) [5E95FA4A] -->
<!-- EG: [gg]_Chuunibyou_Demo_Koi_ga_Shitai!_-_01_[5B6EFD1F] -->
<!-- EG: [Eclipse] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 01 (1024x576 h264) [39920E63].mkv -->
<!-- EG: [gg]_Bakemonogatari_-_01_[CC0CF5D2].mkv -->
<!-- EG: [Doki]_Asobi_ni_Iku_yo!_-_03v2_(1280x720_h264_AAC)_[B5B9C6F3].mkv -->
<!-- EG: [Coalgirls]_Yuru_Yuri_02_(1280x720_Blu-Ray_FLAC)_[43E5A6B4] -->
<!-- EG: Touch 01(DVD) - (112ceb61) Central Anime -->
<!-- EG: Cross Game 02 - Central Anime (1280x720) [BF23052D].mp4 -->
<!-- EG: [Taka]_Naruto_Shippuuden_135_[480p][9073B8C2] -->

<regexp>(?i)((?=\b|_))(?:[ _.-]*(?:ep?[ .]?)?(\d{1,3})(?:[_ ]?v\d+)?)+(?=\b|_)[^])}]*?(?:[[({][^])}]+[])}][ _.-]*)*?(?:[[({][\da-f]{8}[])}])</regexp>

<!-- Multipart episode handling is still uncertain. (?:-(\d{1,3}))? -->
<!-- EG: [Triad]_Dokuro-chan_-_01-02 [12345678].mkv -->

</tvshowmatching>

<tvshowmatching action="append">
<!-- Alternate version that does not include checksums. Put this after normal Kodi patterns. -->
<!-- Since it doesn't use the checksum anchor, need to make sure it's not a directory name. -->

<!-- For reference, this is the regex containing everything from the episode number onwards. It will be the same for all regexes in this section. -->

<!-- <regexp>(?:[ _.-]*(?:ep?[ .]?)?(\d{1,3})(?:[_ ]?v\d+)?)+(?=\b|_)[^])}]*?(?:[[({][^])}]+[])}][ _.-]*)*?[^][)(}{\\/]*$</regexp> -->

<!-- Anything with the filename marked as Special/OVA/OAV/etc goes to season 0, regardless of what the directory may say. -->

<regexp>(?i)(Special|SP|OVA|OAV|Picture Drama)(?:[ _.-]*(?:ep?[ .]?)?(\d{1,3})(?:[_ ]?v\d+)?)+(?=\b|_)[^])}]*?(?:[[({][^])}]+[])}][ _.-]*)*?[^][)(}{\\/]*$</regexp>

<!-- Inside a directory that specifies the season. -->
<!-- EG: Saki/Season 2/[HorribleSubs] Saki Episode of Side A - 14 [720p] -->

<regexp>(?i)[\\/](?:S(?:eason)?\s*(?=\d))?(Specials|\d{1,3})[\\/](?:[^\\/]+[\\/])*[^\\/]+(?:\b|_)[ _.-]*(?:ep?[ .]?)?(\d{1,3})(?:[_ ]?v\d+)?(?:\b|_)[^])}]*?(?:[[({][^])}]+[])}][ _.-]*)*?[^][)(}{\\/]*?$</regexp>

<!-- Include season marker in the filename. -->
<!-- EG: [DeadFish] Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S - S2 - 01 [720p][AAC].mp4 -->

<regexp>(?i)[-._ ]+S(?:eason ?)?(\d{1,3})(?:[ _.-]*(?:ep?[ .]?)?(\d{1,3})(?:[_ ]?v\d+)?)+(?=\b|_)[^])}]*?(?:[[({][^])}]+[])}][ _.-]*)*?[^][)(}{\\/]*$</regexp>

<!-- EG: [a.f.k.] Lucky Star - 01.avi -->
<!-- EG: Air Master - 04 [HQA&N!].avi -->
<!-- EG: [ANE] Yosuga no Sora - Ep01v2 [BDRip 1080p x264 FLAC] -->
<!-- EG: [DeadFish] Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita - Special 01 [BD][720p][AAC].mp4 -->

<regexp>(?i)((?=\b|_))(?:[ _.-]*(?:ep?[ .]?)?(\d{1,3})(?:[_ ]?v\d+)?)+(?=\b|_)[^])}]*?(?:[[({][^])}]+[])}][ _.-]*)*?[^][)(}{\\/]*$</regexp>

</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

A few general questions!
1) While poking around trying to create a new node for Transperency, I saw a folder called "720p". Is Transparency a 720p skin? Seriously?
2) Can I create a series within a series? Like, if there's a bunch of anime that are part of the same franchise, can I keep them together?
1. A lot of elements of the skin aren't really set at a specific resolution, IIRC. I think it's mostly talking about the default backgrounds that are included and maybe some buttons here or there. Those kinds of minor graphics upscale to 1080 easily, so a lot of skinners just use 720 as a sort of "base". At least, I think that's the reason. It doesn't actually prevent other things from being displayed at 1080, like fanart.

2. Not yet. What you're describing is basically movie sets (wiki) but for TV shows. I heard one of the devs was interested in working on that, but I don't know the current progress. It should be great once the feature is added, as I want to use it for my anime library as well.

Oh, and for anidb, I think the site will temp block IPs if it thinks you are accessing the site "too fast". It happens to me all the time. I often just give up and use TVDB and then manually make corrections for anything I don't agree with.
So some of the GUI elements are being upscaled? I think I'd rather a skin that is native 1080p, but I haven't found one that has Transparency!'s layout options, any suggestions?

Yeah, I don't really see a benefit to using the aniDB plugin over the TVDB plugin. Switching to use TVDB seems to have created listings for all my anime, but only about 5% of them actually have the episodes listed inside, most of them are empty. Any idea how to fix this? I'm also getting my anime mixed in with my normal TV shows, how do I prevent that?
The wiki has some tips: anime (wiki)
Yeah, that's where I got the advancedsettings script from. I just noticed I had this script in the wrong userdata folder, I've moved it and restarted Kodi, but I'm still having the issue with most of my anime being empty.
I gave up on using modified regex for my anime and I just rename my files. There's some bulk renaming tools mentioned on supplemental tools (wiki).
Yeah, seems like that's the best way, renaming the files made them appear. But for some reason, the un-renamed files seem to be importing just fine now. Also turns out I can't have series within a sub-folder either. I've still got anime appears in my TV series, how do I stop that?

Also, does anyone know anything about Kodi and MADVR? I've followed this guide (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222576) to get it installed, but when I try to play a video, I get a black screen for a split second before it goes back to the menu. Choosing any filter other than MADVR makes nothing happen at all when I try and play a video. If I disable DS player, videos play. Any ideas??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaPortal refugee here, need a few tips getting Kodi tweaked!0