Bug Crash on RPi2 OpenELEC
I keep having Kodi restarts which appear to be caused by a SIGSEGV thrown by the tvheadend client.
Here's the crash log http://sprunge.us/dKVF
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
Thanks, I've opened an issue here: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/issues/31
Do you by any chance have any additional crash logs? The one you posted has the stack smashed so some vital information is missing from it.
Could you also try to reproduce with the "Trace debugging" option enabled in the addon settings?
If you need a more detailed stacktrace, I've uploaded debug-enabled builds here: RPi / RPi2

This will require an enlarged FAT partition on the SD card, about 512MB.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-05-17, 00:31)Milhouse Wrote: If you need a more detailed stacktrace, I've uploaded debug-enabled builds here: RPi / RPi2

This will require an enlarged FAT partition on the SD card, about 512MB.

Thanks for the debug builds. I've been running it for a few days but so far the crash has not occurred again. I guess it's possible that an issue would only show up with compiler optimisations which are presumably disabled for this debug build?
It's always possible, unfortunately, however something else might have changed between #0512 and the debug-enabled #0516... are you still getting a crash with the latest #0518 regular build?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
It's not a repeatable crash. I noticed a crash within the same function and the same or similar traceback twice within a couple of weeks, with different builds I think. I'll keep an eye on it with later builds.
For info build #518 has fixed the long standing EPG crashing bug.

Spoke too soon, still crashes if I go to the EPG right after reboot. Sad

Has this happened to anyone recently?
@negge yes, me. I've just found this thread now.

I've posted yesterday here:
Quote:My Xbian keeps restarting, randomly, right after it loads the EPG from Tvheadend (using pvr.tvh).
It takes 5-10 reboots before it finally calms down.
How can I debug this problem? Can't see the logs while it does this.

I'm connecting to TVH via internet, can it be something like "if epg does not load in x seconds, then assume something is wrong and reboot"?

I've just enabled debugging, will post back the log asap.

EDIT: I've just noticed the issue opened on github is with pvr.HTS, whereas I get the same behavior with pvr.TVH. It might not be an addon issue. But it's a bit confusing, has pvr.tvh been merged to pvr.hts? According to this, pvr.tvh should be the official one now, but under its own name or as .hts?
Yes, there is only one addon nowadays (pvr.hts). Please post a debug log if you have one, even better if you have a crashlog (they're stored in your home directory).
(2015-07-05, 09:34)negge Wrote: Yes, there is only one addon nowadays (pvr.hts). Please post a debug log if you have one, even better if you have a crashlog (they're stored in your home directory).

Right.. obviously when I want it to crash it won't crash anymore. I'll post when I manage to gather the data.
Did you check if you have any older crash logs? They're never deleted automatically.
Hi, here's kodi.log and kodi.old.log http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=nMQpUu5W

Unfortunately I didn't have debugging enabled.. so nothing interesting in the logs. I'll try again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on RPi2 OpenELEC0