• 17(current)
Looking for ideas, questions, whatever for cordcutting show
(2017-09-06, 04:04)bam80 Wrote: Can't watch new kordkutters recording:
https://youtu.be/QANmTzv7BxQ
"This live stream recording is not available"

Yup, that was just a test live stream. I'm working on bringing the channel back from the dead. Since it's really just me now, I'm trying to come up with a new format. I think what I'm gonna do for a few episodes is just kind of generally answer questions while playing games on Retroplayer. It's, admittedly, a weird way of going forward, but I think I'll feel less awkward, and we'll still get decent content.
Nate and Ned
Hi guys. I'm new to this whole HTPC thing and I haven't yet watched your videos but I'm getting the sense that this tech has advanced to the point where I need to jump in. My aim is to have the PC act as much like a TV box as possible. In other words, it needs to boot into a programming stream, provide 1080p content 24:7 and switch programming fairly easily. If it can work with a standard remote, that would be great but a mouse or keyboard function is acceptable. Reading through this thread, it seems like these things are already achievable but before I make the time investment to bring this about, I want to be sure my end goal is doable with as little pain as possible. The only three programming channels I want are:

1. USTVNow
2. YouTube (individual channel control a big plus)
3. RAI website programming

I hope I stated my end goal clearly. If this is achievable, how much time will I need to go from where I am now (basic Linux command line ability) to the conclusion described in this post?
(2017-09-06, 16:29)yldouright Wrote: Nate and Ned
Hi guys. I'm new to this whole HTPC thing and I haven't yet watched your videos but I'm getting the sense that this tech has advanced to the point where I need to jump in. My aim is to have the PC act as much like a TV box as possible. In other words, it needs to boot into a programming stream, provide 1080p content 24:7 and switch programming fairly easily. If it can work with a standard remote, that would be great but a mouse or keyboard function is acceptable. Reading through this thread, it seems like these things are already achievable but before I make the time investment to bring this about, I want to be sure my end goal is doable with as little pain as possible. The only three programming channels I want are:

1. USTVNow

I hope I stated my end goal clearly. If this is achievable, how much time will I need to go from where I am now (basic Linux command line ability) to the conclusion described in this post?

Look into PseudoTV Live.
(2017-09-06, 20:15)natethomas Wrote:
(2017-09-06, 16:29)yldouright Wrote: Nate and Ned

1. USTVNow

Look into PseudoTV Live.

Big Grin
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thanks all for your attention to my questions. PseudoTV does seem to be the path I should take. Their website forum doesn't seem to be open to the public. What's the next best forum to get up to speed? Since I'm here, would you kindly affirm what I've understood about this interface? Kodi is the application environment that PseudoTV runs on as a plugin and Kodi needs an OS (Windows or Linux) to run. The PseudoTV environment then becomes the interface to add additional plugin channels and lists. Have I understood this properly?

Is there an effective way to run PseudoTV directly on the OS without Kodi or Plex? If yes, what functionality is lost by so doing?
(2017-09-07, 14:22)yldouright Wrote: Thanks all for your attention to my questions. PseudoTV does seem to be the path I should take. Their website forum doesn't seem to be open to the public. What's the next best forum to get up to speed?

Website is open to the public, you just need to register for a login...

You can also find the plugin here @Kodi forums and on reddit r/PseudoTV

Follow my signature at the bottom....

(2017-09-07, 14:22)yldouright Wrote: Since I'm here, would you kindly affirm what I've understood about this interface? Kodi is the application environment that PseudoTV runs on as a plugin and Kodi needs an OS (Windows or Linux) to run. The PseudoTV environment then becomes the interface to add additional plugin channels and lists. Have I understood this properly?

Is there an effective way to run PseudoTV directly on the OS without Kodi or Plex? If yes, what functionality is lost by so doing?

PseudoTV Live requires Kodi, and Kodi requires an OS...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for ideas, questions, whatever for cordcutting show0