• 4(current)
Looking for ideas, questions, whatever for cordcutting show
Episode 6 about to get rolling.

Hey guys, I've only watched the first three or four episodes, and I'm loving it, great work.

Something that could be an interesting topic would be the PVR functions inside Kodi. I use a DVB-S and DVB-T connection to receive my channels and feed them through MediaPortal's TV Server into Kodi. A lot of people I talk too aren't even aware that you can do this or some just don't see the point. Maybe a nice little section on this would go over well, and I may even learn some extra stuff about PVR that I don't know from you two Big Grin

Thanks guys!
(Sorry if you've already talked PVR, I'm in the process of catching up with all the episodes Big Grin)
Why mediaportal?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Just the first one I tried, it worked, I figured I'd stick with it. Smile
Latest big video. We did a PSA Review this week instead of a traditional episode. Hope you like it!

Nicely done, so how did you like that 4K display? Most of us are thinking in that direction already.
(2015-06-12, 16:59)PatK Wrote: Nicely done, so how did you like that 4K display? Most of us are thinking in that direction already.

It looked really, really nice. If I could afford it now... Man.
in conjunction with this one of course Tongue
"xbmckodi-targets-piracy-promoting-ebay-sellers"
https://torrentfreak.com/xbmckodi-target...rs-141101/
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hey everybody, if anyone was interested in crowdsourcing us a logo, we would be very appreciative. I can't promise we'd be able to give you anything, but if we could muster something up, it'd be yours.
(2015-06-21, 11:23)natethomas Wrote: Hey everybody, if anyone was interested in crowdsourcing us a logo, we would be very appreciative. I can't promise we'd be able to give you anything, but if we could muster something up, it'd be yours.

Would you want the Kodi logo incorporated into this or a logo that was a little more detached to the Kodi brand?
(2015-06-21, 14:27)RayW1986 Wrote:
(2015-06-21, 11:23)natethomas Wrote: Hey everybody, if anyone was interested in crowdsourcing us a logo, we would be very appreciative. I can't promise we'd be able to give you anything, but if we could muster something up, it'd be yours.

Would you want the Kodi logo incorporated into this or a logo that was a little more detached to the Kodi brand?

Definitely no Kodi logo. We want to be able to keep the brands separate so Ned and I can do things like give actual opinions, which we don't want to do under Kodi.
(2015-06-21, 14:37)natethomas Wrote:
(2015-06-21, 14:27)RayW1986 Wrote:

Definitely no Kodi logo. We want to be able to keep the brands separate so Ned and I can do things like give actual opinions, which we don't want to do under Kodi.

I assumed that'd be your answer. I just made these. They aren't brilliant, but it's just an idea?

Without shadow:

With Shadow:

Like I say, not the most standout-ish kind of poor, but... Doesn't hurt to share Big Grin

EDIT: Only now that I look at it on a white background does the 'K' in Kord look reallly far away from the 'O' :\
looks nice and a really great idea IMO, but you should take care of kerning issues, especially the "K O" situation in KORD (-> you should optimize the space between characters). A good way to see odd spacing is by turning a word upside down (rotate it 180°)
(2015-06-22, 14:47)da-anda Wrote: looks nice and a really great idea IMO, but you should take care of kerning issues, especially the "K O" situation in KORD (-> you should optimize the space between characters). A good way to see odd spacing is by turning a word upside down (rotate it 180°)

Yeah, I noticed that after (when I edited my post), and I meant to fix it and re-upload, just haven't got around to doing it. I'll hopefully do it tomorrow morning. Maybe try some other ideas out too.

Thanks for the tip about noticing odd spacing, I'll give that a whirl in the future. Smile
Nate and Ned your next video....

Fully Loaded Kodi

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Actually, I would like a discussion on getting 5.1 Sound out of Speakers without a Receiver. As I just picked up the Vizio Soundbar (HDMI version, not the older version), and 5.1 DTS sound works great, no Receiver necessary.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for ideas, questions, whatever for cordcutting show0