Right Click through CEC
Hi guys,

I got a Raspberry Pi 2 and I'm really loving using OpenElec on it.

One great feature is CEC support, so I'm able to use my Philips TV remote to control Kodi.

One thing that I'm not being able to find is the "right click" key on the remote. Can somebody help me in this one?

This is the remote: http://futuretech.com.ua/userfiles/image...remote.PNG

Thanks
I have a Philips TV as well and put the "right click" on the red key via:

/storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml

and put this in:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
    <red>contextmenu</red>
    </remote>
  </global>
</keymap>

reboot any you should be fine.
Thanks a lot, it worked really nice...

My remote has a qwerty keyboard on the back side, is it possible to configure those keys to work also?

Thanks
I have no idea about that, but I think you can try to remap the keys:

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Guide_...Remap_Keys
(2015-05-15, 13:52)marvalar Wrote: One great feature is CEC support, so I'm able to use my Philips TV remote to control Kodi.

Which model of Philips TV, what version of Philips firmware, and which version of Kodi? I'm unable to get any remote control presses through my 40" Philips and into Kodi. Will document in new thread, but in looking at postings here and elsewhere, it seems like TV-remote-control success with Philips is spotty and dependent upon specific models of TV. Looks like Philips has not been consistent in back-porting firmware updates that affect CEC to earlier models.

Just trying to avoid wasting more time trying to get it work work on my TV if it's a problem in the TV itself.
Hi there, (french guy sorry for languageBlush, hope it will be comprehensive)

Just for those who own another philips TV and want this Fucking "contextmenu" button to work with CECAngry.
In my case Philips 46pfl7605h, Openelec 6.0.3

You really need to map contextmenu on the RED button ! Green and yellow won't work for example.

wish this can be helpfulWink
On my TVs the right click / context menu function for CEC has always been mapped to the "Return" button.
On your remote this would be the back button / button directly below the D-Pad section on your remote.

On the stupid Touch remote for my Samsung the "Return" and "Exit" buttons are the same physical button and you have to long press for "Exit (Back)" and short press it for "Return (Context Menu)"... this is a pain in the A so I remapped the unit attached to that TV so they are the reverse.

Note: I do not own a Philips TV, mine are Panasonic, Samsung and previously a Sony.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Right Click through CEC0