• 3(current)
Planned API changes for Series Recordings
Where exactly in the Kodi GUI do "any time" timers show up as 1/1/1970? They shouldn't. Sounds like a bug.
On the Timer list in the 'Scheduled time' column:
Code:
Channel        Title                Scheduled time                          Type              Status
(Any channel)  Live at the Apollo   01/01/1970 from any time to 1:00        Record all        Enabled
BBC One HD     Bargain Hunt         01/01/1970 from any time to any time    Record weekly     Enabled
"Problem" with 01/01/1970 display is imo that the respective timers seem not to have a day of week set (PVR_TIMER.weekdays = 0 => PVR_WEEKDAY_NONE! ), but they should. Recording something at any time on no day of week makes no sense. You should fix this in the addon.
"Record all" is set up like this:
Code:
typeList.push_back(MythScheduleManager::TimerType(TIMER_TYPE_RECORD_ALL,
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_IS_REPEATING |
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_ENABLE_DISABLE |
  //          PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_TITLE_EPG_MATCH | // Janbar and I have a difference of opinion
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_CHANNELS |
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_RECORD_ONLY_NEW_EPISODES |
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_START_END_MARGIN |
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_PRIORITY |
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_LIFETIME |
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_RECORDING_GROUP,
            XBMC->GetLocalizedString(30464),
            GetRulePriorityList(),
            GetRulePriorityDefault(),
            GetRuleDupMethodList(),
            GetRuleDupMethodDefault(),
            GetRuleExpirationList(),
            GetRuleExpirationDefault(),
            GetRuleRecordingGroupList(),
            GetRuleRecordingGroupDefault()));

"Record weekly" is set up like this:
Code:
typeList.push_back(MythScheduleManager::TimerType(TIMER_TYPE_RECORD_WEEKLY,
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_IS_REPEATING |
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_ENABLE_DISABLE |
  //          PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_TITLE_EPG_MATCH | // Janbar and I have a difference of opinion
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_CHANNELS |
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_START_END_TIME |
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_FIRST_DAY |
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_RECORD_ONLY_NEW_EPISODES | //Added
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_START_END_MARGIN |
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_PRIORITY |
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_LIFETIME |
            PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_RECORDING_GROUP,
            XBMC->GetLocalizedString(30462),
            GetRulePriorityList(),
            GetRulePriorityDefault(),
            GetRuleDupMethodList(), //MythScheduleManager::RuleDupMethodList(), // empty list
            Myth::DM_CheckNone, //0,
            GetRuleExpirationList(),
            GetRuleExpirationDefault(),
            GetRuleRecordingGroupList(),
            GetRuleRecordingGroupDefault()));

For the 'Record all' timer type, 'Any Time' is a given and it would be nice to be able to remove the radio button completely from the Timer Settings dialog to reduce clutter.
Code:
Type                                                             Record all
Active                                                                    *
Name                                                     Live at the Apollo
Channel                                                         Any Channel
Any time                                                                  *  <--- This line not needed
Prevent duplicate episodes    Match duplicates using subtitle then descr...
Start padding time                                                 0 min <>
End padding time                                                   0 min <>
Priority                                                                  0
Lifetime                                       Keep 5 newest and expire old
Recording group                                                     Default

For the 'Record weekly' timer type, the recording will trigger once a week on the day of the week specified (by firstDay).
This will either record one showing at 'Any Time' or at a time specified by 'startTime / endTime'.
Start day/end day aren't shown on the GUI as this isn't a manual timer, so there is no way to control these values when turning off 'Any Time'. If they were to default to 'today' on editing the timer, I think this would suffice.
Even better would be to have a bStartAnytime bolean which turns on/off 'Any Time' without affecting the values of start/end.

Code:
Type                                                          Record weekly
Active                                                                    *
Name                                                           Bargain Hunt
Channel                                                        1 BBC One HD
Any time                                                                  *
First day                                                     08/07/2015 <>
Prevent duplicate episodes    Match duplicates using subtitle & description
Start padding time                                                 0 min <>
End padding time                                                   0 min <>
Priority                                                                  0
Lifetime                                         Allow recordings to expire
Recording group                                                     Default

PS: Is there a simple (free) way to add images to the forum like there is on Github - converting manually to ASCII is a pain!
(2015-07-08, 13:32)ksooo Wrote: "Problem" with 01/01/1970 display is imo that the respective timers seem not to have a day of week set (PVR_TIMER.weekdays = 0 => PVR_WEEKDAY_NONE! ), but they should. Recording something at any time on no day of week makes no sense. You should fix this in the addon.

I can see this makes sense, but I thought 'WeekDay' was a multi-select list, which is probably why Janbar chose 'first day' to control this instead. If there is a way to make weekday not multi-select, then imo this would be a much clearer way to specify the day a 'weekly' timer is active.

By the way, there is also a very similar 'Record daily' type which has the same issue. I suppose setting all the days of the week to true even though not shown in the Timer Settings dialog would however be a viable option here :-).
Would this stop it occurring on 1/1/1970?
Choosing firstday to control the day(s) of week the recording has to happen is fine. This is just a scenario I have not considered so far. The API tutns to out evn more flexible than I thought (at least for sime scenarios).

I will change Kodi core to support this. This will fix the 1/1/1970 issue for both "record weekly" and "record all" without a workaround in the addon.
Great Smile
Can I request that if startTime=endTime=0 is set (to indicate an anytime rule) that:
  • the value of firstDay is used instead to sort by date in the timer list, and
  • the vaule of firstDay is used as the date / time in the "Scheduled time" display if iWeekdays = PVR_WEEKDAY_NONE?

I think this would cover all cases I can see which might make someone want a bStartAnytime bolean.

Thanks
Regarding sort order: I have never dealt with the window sort stuff before. No idea how to achieve what you want. ;-) If you find out, PR it.

Regarding firstday. Will implement this the next days.
Pull request ( https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7455 ) submitted Smile
@metaron could you please test whether this fixes the any time and firstday issues?

https://github.com/ksooo/xbmc/tree/pr7079-followup-2
... And thanks for your PR...
(2015-07-08, 18:56)ksooo Wrote: @metaron could you please test whether this fixes the any time and firstday issues?

https://github.com/ksooo/xbmc/tree/pr7079-followup-2

Well, partially...
The strSummary is now updated as expected using firstDay... but the 'date' used for the sort is still 'start date' (i.e. 1/1/1970 when set to 'AnyTime'). The snippet below shows the 1st two timers appearing in the list sorted by: Date/ascending.
Code:
Channel        Title                Scheduled time                          Type              Status
BBC One        Bargain Hunt         09/07/2015 from any time to any time    Record weekly     Enabled
(Any channel)  Great Barrier Reef   27/01/2012 from 20:00 to 21:00          Record all        Enabled

Also editing start/end time and first day is still broken, but I guess you know that Wink

I've looked, but haven't (yet) found the part of code which specifies the 'date' used when populating the list of timer entries to sort. Any Ideas?

Thinking of possible alternatives, maybe you could identify 'Anytime' simply by setting endTime=0 and keep startTime unchanged? This way when 'anytime' is turned off, you could default endTime to startTime. Just a thought.

By the way, I think I passed the initiative test...
Code:
-            FirstDayAsLocalTime().GetAsLocalizedDate() : startDate.c_str(),
+            FirstDayAsLocalTime().GetAsLocalizedDate().c_str() : startDate.c_str(),

I also spotted some references to Plot() which don't look like they belong there.
Code:
@@ -714,14 +714,14 @@ CPVRTimerInfoTagPtr CPVRTimerInfoTag::CreateFromEpg(const CEpgInfoTagPtr &tag, b

newTag->SetTimerType(timerType);

-  if (tag->Plot().empty())
-  {
+  //if (tag->Plot().empty())
+  //{
     newTag->UpdateSummary();
-  }
-  else
-  {
-    newTag->m_strSummary = tag->Plot();
-  }
+  //}
+  //else
+  //{
+  //  newTag->m_strSummary = tag->Plot();
+  //}

newTag->m_epgTag = g_EpgContainer.GetById(tag->EpgID())->GetTag(tag->StartAsUTC());
Tell me more about broken setting of start date, end date and first day, please. What exactly does not work?
As I said, I have know idea about the sorting stuff.; -)

As you do not stop mixing in the sorting stuff again and again, it is not clear to me whether the fix intended by my changes work, sorry. Is there still something broken with the display (not sorting!) of the timer dates in the timer window?
Regarding broken editing of dates: I do now remember, these are things you've already reported, right? Will debug and fix this, as soon add I find the time.

Unfortunately I do have to have a day job to pay my bills, you know. Kodi is just a hobby. ;-)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Planned API changes for Series Recordings0