TV subfolders not seen in Library, but are present in Video Files
I am running Kodi 14.2 on Windows 8.1 and having an issue getting all of my TV shows to appear in the Library section. The problem only exists with my folders that contain multiple TV show iterations. For example. I have a folder titled "Star Trek." In the folder titled "Star Trek" are subfolders titled "Deep Space Nine," "Enterprise," "Star Trek TNG," "Star Trek TOS," and "Star Trek Voyager." I can see all of these when I select the "Star Trek" folder under Videos > Files > TV Shows > Star Trek, however in the library section only the TOS series is seen (I am assuming only the TOS series is appearing because the folder is titled "Star Trek"). How do I get it to appear in the Library section as it does in the Files section?

When adding my video source and selecting which scraper to use (I am using TVDB), I have done it both ways by selecting "Selected folder contains a single TV show." (I left this unchecked the first time and when I re-did it I completely removed the video source and started from scratch).

- Ricky
This is the case of you managing a media manager and wanting it differently. Normal procedure would be to have a TV show folder in your sources, and then put all the folders in that source. Not in a sub folder of the same name as the series. It might be possible to add multiple sources at the sub folder level, and have a single source for all your titles but I suspect issues will arrive (and of course you would have to eliminate the top folder from the sources). I suspect it's better to bend your method to the Kodi standard and use an alternate method of organization and let Kodi do it's job. Consider smart playlists, nodes, tags or even the add-on Super Favourites to bring your collection to-gather.

The files view sees all your files, if you want all these in your library you'll have to scrape them in. Check the wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_videos_to_the_library don't have the single show checked if you have multiple episodes.
See the warning here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files...ws#Complex

Quote:Note: This is generally discouraged as it's really easy for the sub-folders to be mistakenly picked up as false TV show matches. While it's still possible to work through such false-matches, it's a pain in the butt if you need to update the library on those same folders, as the false TV show might get re-added each time.

What I would do is scan in the Star Trek folder by itself, and check off "exclude from updates". That shouldn't cause any issues since there are no more new Star Trek episodes (*screams internally*). That should give you what you want.
(2015-05-16, 02:37)PatK Wrote: This is the case of you managing a media manager and wanting it differently. Normal procedure would be to have a TV show folder in your sources, and then put all the folders in that source. Not in a sub folder of the same name as the series. It might be possible to add multiple sources at the sub folder level, and have a single source for all your titles but I suspect issues will arrive (and of course you would have to eliminate the top folder from the sources). I suspect it's better to bend your method to the Kodi standard and use an alternate method of organization and let Kodi do it's job. Consider smart playlists, nodes, tags or even the add-on Super Favourites to bring your collection to-gather.

The files view sees all your files, if you want all these in your library you'll have to scrape them in. Check the wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_videos_to_the_library don't have the single show checked if you have multiple episodes.

Hmm, well I'm gonna see about maybe reorganizing everything. It should work though, unless it was a fluke, because on the media player I was using prior to using a pc that was running on Android, was able to add everything just fine. I had a Star Trek folder in the Library and inside it were all of the other Star Trek shows and then their seasons and episodes in two more subfolders.

(2015-05-16, 03:01)Ned Scott Wrote: See the warning here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files...ws#Complex

Quote:Note: This is generally discouraged as it's really easy for the sub-folders to be mistakenly picked up as false TV show matches. While it's still possible to work through such false-matches, it's a pain in the butt if you need to update the library on those same folders, as the false TV show might get re-added each time.

What I would do is scan in the Star Trek folder by itself, and check off "exclude from updates". That shouldn't cause any issues since there are no more new Star Trek episodes (*screams internally*). That should give you what you want.

Yeah, I was thinking of trying that in a little bit.

Hey, you know a new Star Trek TV series is in the works, right?
I thought there was only vague rumors? I also thought there were still rights issues between CBS and Paramount, since Trek movie rights are separate from Trek TV show rights.
In the clear air of the morning after, I see that creating separate folder as a source for your Star-Trek series would work well as long as it isn't below/inside your TV sources but kept at the same level.

source folder TV -------------> Hannibal
------------------------------------>Sherlock
source folder Star-Trek ----->Star trek TNG
------------------------------------>Star trek TOS

Check out the add-on SuperFavourties

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV subfolders not seen in Library, but are present in Video Files0