• 17(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO - Mr. V Widgets V3 for Jarvis
here is a pic of how it looks ...

i don´t have any problems with the pre defined selections but all entries i edit doesn´t work
(2015-10-16, 21:39)b0mb Wrote: here is a pic of how it looks ...

i don´t have any problems with the pre defined selections but all entries i edit doesn´t work

Reset all of the menu entries in the menu customizer. Removing guisettings.xml might also fix this, but you would want a backup copy of this file as it contains settings for all skins.
@Warner306

I´ve downgraded to Isengard - now it works Wink
Hi! Thank you for your amazing work, the widgets are so awesome and cool! Although I think they could be better Wink

For the custom video one, we should be able to choose how the items are displayed. I mean first they are ugly, but if I go to change the widget, choose Video playlist and hit Escape twice, then the content stays the same but the view is awesome.

Again for the custom video how can I always open item information (extendedinfo) when I press enter ? Right now I have TV show episodes and I'd love to see the info showing up from extended info instead of anything else. I understand if you don't want to implement this (too specific for a custom widget?) but can you point me in the right direction in order to do that ?

Thank you so much for your this mod you're awesome, and thanks for any help in advance! =)
Also could you hint me as to how I can increase the limit of items of a certain widget? For example I'd like to have more than 10 movies from Trakt.tv popular list, I'm pretty sure it's not in your files as I looked everywhere. Any help ? Thanks Wink
(2015-10-22, 05:00)heyyounow Wrote: Again for the custom video how can I always open item information (extendedinfo) when I press enter ? Right now I have TV show episodes and I'd love to see the info showing up from extended info instead of anything else. I understand if you don't want to implement this (too specific for a custom widget?) but can you point me in the right direction in order to do that ?

Not possible for Library Item widgets. (well for isengard anyway).
I am going to look at this in V3 for Jarvis (thanks to skinning engine updates which should make this possible) but not sure If will add it yet. Just need to see how all the code works out in the end. As my focus in V3 is slimming it all down and much simpler code so it can be included with Silvo.

(2015-10-22, 20:43)heyyounow Wrote: Also could you hint me as to how I can increase the limit of items of a certain widget? For example I'd like to have more than 10 movies from Trakt.tv popular list, I'm pretty sure it's not in your files as I looked everywhere. Any help ? Thanks Wink

For any widget that uses Library data provider plugin you can change the limit in the plugin settings. Some of the widgets are just playlists (like 3d Movies). So you could always make you own playlist and set is there.
I don't think this can be changed for extendedinfo widgets as I don't see any settings to adjust this. (unless I missed something) Might be good feature request? Smile

@Community

I do need to say I will not be making further changes to V2 (including bug fixes). There might be some slight annoyances in setting up and a few quirks, but it functions fairly well.

Cheers
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
I do need to give a bit of a pre-warning for V3 it will be quite a change from V2.

What will be added:
All available artwork types
A number of widget styles to choose from
No script or keymap for widget info required.

What will be different:
Less customization
Likely no widget settings on the home screen.

So I am asking people if they can spend a little of there time to let me know what features they use and don't use.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Quote:For any widget that uses Library data provider plugin you can change the limit in the plugin settings. Some of the widgets are just playlists (like 3d Movies). So you could always make you own playlist and set is there.

Alright but as Trakt popular movies is a "default" widget from you mod how is it coded ? Does it gather data from the "official" trakt addon or did you use another method ? Thanks! Wink
Woops double post, and of course I can't delete it ahah, sorry!
(2015-10-23, 02:00)heyyounow Wrote:
Quote:For any widget that uses Library data provider plugin you can change the limit in the plugin settings. Some of the widgets are just playlists (like 3d Movies). So you could always make you own playlist and set is there.

Alright but as Trakt popular movies is a "default" widget from you mod how is it coded ? Does it gather data from the "official" trakt addon or did you use another method ? Thanks! Wink

It gets it data from the ExtendedInfo Addon.

Widget data is set in the variable.xml.. Have a look from line 1059 and look at the include "widgetlistcontent" for top most widget and "widgetlistcontent2" for the bottom widget.

Code:
<value condition="StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(Widget),30)">plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=popularmovies</value>

I'm not sure if the limit can be set from slightly changing the code. I'm sure if you post in the extended info forum someone should be able to tell you if this can be done.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2015-10-23, 01:57)Mr. V Wrote: I do need to give a bit of a pre-warning for V3 it will be quite a change from V2.

What will be added:
All available artwork types
A number of widget styles to choose from
No script or keymap for widget info required.

What will be different:
Less customization
Likely no widget settings on the home screen.

So I am asking people if they can spend a little of there time to let me know what features they use and don't use.

Sounds nice, but Im not sure if I got the "What will be different:" things right:

What does less customization mean? Which features from v2 will not be available in v3?
And does "Likely no widget settings on the home screen." mean, that the settings just moved from home screen to the skin settings menu?
Oh bad news Mr V.
It means that after Jarvis you won't update your code along Mikesilvo's mod ?

For the rest, here are the features i use:
- transparency settings (great feature)
- cdart (disc), poster, fanart as artwork
- recently added, playlist (very important), not finish, last episode, for the source

Here are the main settings i use.

Thanks for all.
Zotac CI320 Nano : (4Go, SSD 64Go, W7_64)
Zotac CI323 Nano : (4Go, SSD 120Go, W10)

Acer Aspire 5740G (Intel I3 330M, 4Go, WD 500Go, W7_64)
Desktop (Intel Q6600@3Ghz, 6Go, Seagate 500Go & Seagate 320 Go W7_64)

NAS Synology DS213+ : 2*3To WD Red (SHR)
NAS Synology DS215J : 2*4To WD Red (SHR)

All under KODI Jarvis 16, Aeon Nox Silvo Mod & Mr.V Widget Mod.

I just tried your V2 version and I liked it. I'm looking forward to V3 when it is integrated in the latest skin from Mike.

As I use Live-TV most of the time, you should think about adding this:
- Live-TV-widget 1: Favourite Channels
Here the User can setup different channels from different grous and play them after selecting
- Live-TV-widget 2:
Recording Info (the existing one in AeonNox)
- Live-TV-widget 3: Last recordings
display the last X recordings and show the info (date recorded, channel, EPG-entry etc.)
- Live-TV-widget 4: ChannelGroup selection
display the ChannelGroups and open it after selecting.

And please add the widget settings to "Skin Settings". Then it is all in one place. I searched a long time on "how can I add widgets" and couldn't find anything in the "Skin settings" Wink
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2015-10-23, 13:01)wilmans2m Wrote: Oh bad news Mr V.
It means that after Jarvis you won't update your code along Mikesilvo's mod ?

For the rest, here are the features i use:
- recently added, playlist (very important), not finish, last episode, for the source

Here are the main settings i use.

Thanks for all.

Once it is merged there is no reason he cannot continue to develop the widgets, Mr. V has access to push updates to GitHub. It just makes life easier if we are both working off the same branch.

------------------------------------------------------------

@Mr.V I think it is time to delete the v1 Widget branch. I'll wait for an OK from you before I do Wink
(2015-10-23, 11:49)SLiX Wrote: What does less customization mean? Which features from v2 will not be available in v3?
And does "Likely no widget settings on the home screen." mean, that the settings just moved from home screen to the skin settings menu?

Settings will be moved to the skin settings menu. So on a per widget basis you can select your art and style. Any other options that I include from V2 will be a global setting like Transparency and backgrounds. To me this makes more sense. I found it quite annoying to set transparency for every widget to the same value.

I don't have any intention of adding custom colors, background transparency. Just may be a few more background types to chose from.

(2015-10-23, 13:01)wilmans2m Wrote: For the rest, here are the features i use:

Transparency is a must for widget art, to good not to have. Its nice to have the fan art in the back ground blend slightly with the widget artwork.
All artwork choices will remain.

(2015-10-23, 14:30)Solo0815 Wrote: I just tried your V2 version and I liked it. I'm looking forward to V3 when it is integrated in the latest skin from Mike.

As I use Live-TV most of the time, you should think about adding this:
- Live-TV-widget 1: Favourite Channels
Here the User can setup different channels from different grous and play them after selecting
- Live-TV-widget 2:
Recording Info (the existing one in AeonNox)
- Live-TV-widget 3: Last recordings
display the last X recordings and show the info (date recorded, channel, EPG-entry etc.)
- Live-TV-widget 4: ChannelGroup selection
display the ChannelGroups and open it after selecting.

And please add the widget settings to "Skin Settings". Then it is all in one place. I searched a long time on "how can I add widgets" and couldn't find anything in the "Skin settings" Wink

For the widgets available. This will be handled by the ones built into skin.shortcuts. If you want a bunch more then skin helper service is the way to go. I don't have any intention of adding any myself as between these two plugins they cover everything.

As stated above. It will all be in skin settings. Additionally I'll look at placing a couple of shortcuts somewhere on the home screen to take you directly to skin and widget settings.

(2015-10-23, 22:05)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Once it is merged there is no reason he cannot continue to develop the widgets, Mr. V has access to push updates to GitHub. It just makes life easier if we are both working off the same branch.

------------------------------------------------------------

@Mr.V I think it is time to delete the v1 Widget branch. I'll wait for an OK from you before I do Wink

Cheers mike. As suggest by the man himself Release Early and Often. So it will be a very simple release at first with minimal options. It certainly helps with finding any bugs early. Overtime additional features like i just mentioned will be added.

A big OK from me for removal of V1.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO - Mr. V Widgets V3 for Jarvis4