Albums with multiple discs grouped together can split?
Hi

I have a compilation album (100 Forgotten Sixties Classics) with four discs, if I use the DiscNumber field in MP3TAG to denote the disc number e.g.

1/4
2/4
3/4
4/4

When looking in the music library in Kodi, there is just one entry for the entire album and if I click in to this all the tracks from all the discs are just mixed up together.

I can't see any Kodi setting relating to this? How can the four discs be separated as Disc 1, Disc 2, Disc 3, Disc 4 etc?

Without changing the album title field to be:

100 Forgotten Sixties Classics - CD1
100 Forgotten Sixties Classics - CD2
100 Forgotten Sixties Classics - CD3
100 Forgotten Sixties Classics - CD4

Which would then obviously create four separate album instances.

Or can't this be done?

I don't have this problem in Emby Server (Media Browser), it also has one entry for the album but when you click in to it the tracks are correctly sorted under Disc 1, Disc 2, Disc 3, Disc 4 etc

Thanks
Check your 'sort by' setting in the side panel. Changing that should allow all songs to be listed in the proper order.

If you really want them to show as separate albums, delete the discnumber tags and change the album tittle of each to something like "album title disk 01"
Hi

The sort is currently set to Album, other sort options are Artist and Year. Which doesn't seem to help?

I understand if I change the Album field tag two be Album Title- Disc 01 on the end, then I'd have four separate albums for this collection and they would be "Split".

However I was wondering if that is the only way to do it in Kodi?

Cheers
Actually I think you might be right, at first I just went to the side menu in the main Music Albums view.

If I actually click in to an album and then go to the side menu again, there are more sort options, one of which is Track.

If I select this, now the tracks are not in 1,1,1,1 order but in 1,2,3,4 order and also in disc order.

Nice one!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Albums with multiple discs grouped together can split?0