Can we end-user please have the 'Edit' (button) function back here in the forums?
@pike

It's not as much history, more like the last edit made. When i was admin on a vBulletin board i clearly remember being able to see what was edited... Maybe it's an add on feature, maybe it just needs to be turned on....Anyway
Great decision Big Grin
I'm excited Smile

If anyone abuses this, let's publish their address.

I'll have some "friends" pay them a "visit".

Thanks Pike,

We'll make good use of it.

-Wes
(2008-04-10, 03:09)phunqe Wrote: I don't agree to why there needs to be a time limit in the first place. Has it caused problems in the past?

Of course, if it's out control it would be one thing, but this isn't 4chan random either. This forum has a rather house trained audience (with exceptions of course :p). Sure, you can lock down a forum to a certain point where everything goes away, but to what cost. I personally think a couple of bad edits are worth it.

Just my 2 cents however Smile

I pretty much agree with this. And I will probably refrain from posting on this forum specifically because of this issue.
If the intent is to limit the amount of interaction due to this frustrating method that almost no other forum uses, then mission accomplished. Any other reason for this seams a bit unfounded.

I am guessing a history log of edits may be the best way to resolve this if it was possible to implement. But who really cares anyway? It isn't like proving that someone said something is that big of a deal if they took it back themselves...
Well you beat the other member resurrecting threads. This one is 11 years old.

Editing a post seems to catch a lot of members out as the Edit options are very discrete and easily missed. See image...
My Signature
Links to : Forum rules (wiki) | Banned_Add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)  
Links to : HOW-TO:Create_Music_Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
in addition, you couldn't edit your own as your postcount was below 10 posts.
this is one of the anti-spam measures we use on our forum.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
And given the amount of users and posts per day we have on this board (and how many people actually moderate and administer it), then any such log would be impractically useless. Spambots posting seemingly innocent posts and threads and then returning later to edit them into spam payload is a real and observed threat which has been experienced here in the past. Hence why the limit was introduced.

So no, we are not going to lower our spammer defenses, as we get enough issues in that regard as it is without weakening things.
|Banned add-ons (wiki) Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

My Blog Posts
(2019-10-21, 03:39)ronie Wrote: in addition, you couldn't edit your own as your postcount was below 10 posts.
this is one of the anti-spam measures we use on our forum.

Thank you.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can we end-user please have the 'Edit' (button) function back here in the forums?51