Android x86 version doesn't run on x86 tablet
I have an Onda v975i tablet. It has an Intel z3735f SoC.
The x86 version refuses to run and the ARM version doesn't run smoothly.
The tablet is running Android 4.2.2 and there is no newer firmware available.
Is there a way to skip the platform compatibility check at the startup of Kodi?
How does it refuse to run?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It says "This Kodi package is not compatible with your device (arm vs. x86). Please check the Kodi Android wiki for more information." immediately at startup.
That text indicates that your tablet has an arm cpu (in the string "arm vs. x86" it shows the detected cpu and the detected package format. This means Kodi detected that you are trying to start the Kodi x86 version on an ARM CPU).

That means - either it has no x86 CPU or the vendor did something really stupid (maybe for compatibility reasons) by returning "ARM" for the cpu architecture.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It has a x86 CPU, but the CPU is also able to emulate the ARM instruction set.
Hardware info says CPU_ABI: x86, CPU_ABI2: armeabi-v7a.

Would it be possible to have the option of acknowledging the detected platform incompatibility but choose to run instead of just exiting?
I guess several of the x86 devices out there may have this problem.
In other x86 Android tablets that users have tested, both x86 and ARM builds typically still run just fine. It's strange that both are having problems for you.
We use whatever http://developer.android.com/reference/a...ml#CPU_ABI returns us to determine what the arch is. Apparently, in this instance, it apparently returns "arm".
We should definitely check http://developer.android.com/reference/a...l#CPU_ABI2 , too

A trac ticket would be welcome...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
x86 version doesn't run on x86 tablet0