• 49(current)
ASRock Beebox (Braswell)
He talks mainly about decoding ... Braswell has no hw possibility to decode 10 bit hevc content.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-07-06, 15:50)noggin Wrote: Out of interest Matt - when you talk about the 8-bit limitation I've noticed that for non-UHD resolutions output from an active Displayport 1.2->HDMI 2.0 converter I get 12 bit HDMI output at 1080p and 720p, not 8-bit, according to my HD Fury Vertex.  I guesss this is being padded with 4 LSBs of zeroes?  (This is Apollo Lake, but I think my Haswell Chromebox behaves similarly from its HDMI output) 

sorry, to clarify: the 8-bit limitation of BSW (and SKL) is on GPU decoding of h.264, HEVC, VP9, etc., not on output depth. APL (and KBL) are capable of 10-bit HW decoding for HEVC/VP9.
I bought a 14" HP $220 off the shelf with the Celeron(atom) with the HD Intel Graphics 400(Braswell.) It runs Kodi just fine. I still haven't tried to play 1080p, but I don't have any digital copies. I think my friend has a digital copy of "Fury." I will try to grab it to see. I installed Ubuntu on it after I wasn't able to get Blender to run on Lubuntu, but I think I am going back to Lubuntu and making a Ubuntu LiveUSB. I want to experiment with running LibreELEC in a LXD container and an OpenWRT Docker container(if docker can have usb), because I want to work towards developing an OpenWRT tvfronthead USB TV Tuner node with LibreELEC Kodi DVR.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock Beebox (Braswell)3