Tuner fails to initialise after booting
With the latest builds (OE 5.95.1 and Millhouse's test build #517) I can get my tuner working on my RPi v2 but only by unplugging it and reconnecting it after OE has booted. If I don't do this, then nothing is shown in the tvheadend web interface under Adapters and obviously I am unable to tune into any channels.

This is not the case with my RPi B, which works fine straight after booting. I have the same two USB devices connected to both RPis when testing, the USB tuner and my remote's receiver.

I'm not sure if this points to a bug in the tvheadend code or a bug in the v2 version of the underlying OE code that is failing to initialise the device after booting.

These are the logs from the v2 after rebooting and checking that the tuners were not shown under Adapters, then unplugging the two USB devices and replugging them into the same ports and finding that the tuners then show under Adapters. Kodi.log - http://pastebin.com/x6YEWEup and System.log - http://pastebin.com/pfSHXywL
Check the settings for the tvheadend service addon, there's an option to wait for tuner initialization before starting tvheadend.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I guess tvheadend might start too fast on the v2 compared to the B, so that it doesn't give the tuner time to initialise first.
Unfortunately it didn't help setting it to either one or two. All I got was Connection Lost messages which I didn't have before and I still had to disconnect and reconnect the tuner before it started working.

Kodi.log http://pastebin.com/rvE0HqFf
System.log http://pastebin.com/FzpuMt8i
Complain to Openelec or the tuner manufacturer, or try the tuner in a powered USB hub or real computer.
As I said it works fine in the RPi B, so it must be an issue with with the v2 builds of OE.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tuner fails to initialise after booting0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.