KODI 15 - Subtitles over UPnP New Feature
Hi,

I've noticed this feature in the Kodi 15 alpha release notes and wanted to ask what exactly does this means.

Does Kodi support subtitles stream over UPnP when working as server or client (or both)?
This means it serves is when used as UPnP Server. Its up to the client to make use of it.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks.

What about when working as a client?

For example, If I have two instances of KODI, one running on my computer (server) and other on a PI or ATV (client). Will the client be able to show the subtitles?
yes
Thumbs Up 
OMG it's working! i just downloaded KODI 15rc and works like a charm! It can choose my external srt file also you can change it to hardcoded one from the mkv.

Thanks guys finaly i found a gr8 dnla prog to watch my videos on my tv... actually i have an external media player which is support upnp and many video formats and aoudio. Serviio also good but when you are watching the video you cant go to some point or you can't 4x,8x,16x rewind speed i guess it's not able to reconize my external player well Smile

Using win 7 for 5 years and i had no problem with accessing my shared media from network after i install 8.1 this network problem appear somehow my media player can't accsess the files i also installed win 10 same problem there as well... it's askin pasword Big Grin but there is no pasword anyway after this i don't care microsofts retarded network problems XD
Hi to all, yesterday i try to run a second instance of kodi (from china Android tv box Tronsmart MK908),i added a new sources (upnp kodi) but i have to re-download subtitles.

First kodi instance is Isengard RC1 on win7, second instance of kodi is the same but on android. any suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI 15 - Subtitles over UPnP New Feature0