Mod PetitDroud Color Change
Photo 
HI,

I really like Rapier but the blue color is not my favorite so I decided to make my own and share it there.

I did 3 Mods with associate color files. An Orange, a Red and a Black&White as shown below.

2015-05-22 update : adding purple color, new Category icons (see last screenshot) and small adjustments

2015-06-09 update :
  1. adding Gold color (requested by andrewrb84)
  2. adding Wave animation under home page icons (when select in parameters)

To activate the wave animation you need to replace the file "includes_Home.xml" under 720p directory by the one include in my ZIP file.

watch gallery

If you want to use it just unziping the zip content into skin.rapier directory.

Download : DroudMod.zip

This is based on version 8.0.12 for Isengard but work well this Helix version too.

Gade, if you disagree with this mod, just tell me and I will remove it but if you agree do you think that it could be possible to include it in your package? like that I won't need to copy it again after every skin update.

Hope you will like,

PetitDroud
By the way, if someone want a specific color, just ask and I will see if I can do it.
Please specify the color with Hexa code or picture sample.

PetitDroud
Hi petitdroud.

That is absolutely great!

I think mods, color changes etc. are a very good idea and they can inspire a lot.

I started out with a Rapier mod for XBMC Frodo before I got completely involved with the skin.

Be aware that images between Helix and Isengard vary a little... Although using images from Isengard for both versions (like you do) is far better than using images from Helix.

I actually made a red theme at some point, but didn't really like the result and didn't include it with the skin. You can download it here.
I will definitely give both these skins a try.

Thanks guys,

Shedrock
Hi

Update with new Category Icons and new W&B font color.
Same download link on post #1

Petitdroud
This is probably my favourite skin at the moment. Great work from @Gade. I love the idea of changing colours and think @petitdroud making different ones available it's excellent. Be cool to have a gold version of this also.

Keep up the good work.
(2015-06-06, 15:15)andrewrb84 Wrote: This is probably my favourite skin at the moment. Great work from @Gade. I love the idea of changing colours and think @petitdroud making different ones available it's excellent. Be cool to have a gold version of this also.

Keep up the good work.

Hi,

What do you mean about gold, is it yellow.

Is this kind of yellow is OK for you :Image

If not can you provide an example of what you want I I'll try to do it for you.

Petitdroud
Hi @petitdroud I've managed to figure out how to do it myself but thank for the reply. That yellow color would also look cool though.

Thanks for the inspiration.
(2015-06-09, 15:49)andrewrb84 Wrote: Hi @petitdroud I've managed to figure out how to do it myself but thank for the reply. That yellow color would also look cool though.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Gold theme done!
Hope you'll like it.

I have updated the post one.

I also included a wave animation under home page icons.

Petitdroud
Great mod.... But, how do I change the color?

Rob
(2015-06-14, 18:46)robmich Wrote: Great mod.... But, how do I change the color?

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your comment.

How to change color:

After unzip the content of my zip under c:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.rapier\ (windows) go to settings/appearance/skin/theme select the color theme you want, the colors menu (text) will automatically be set according to the theme.
If you want you can also apply only the text color change by select the one you want with "colors" menu. It's possible to mix themes and colors as you want.

Be careful: everytime Rapier will be update, the mods will be delete and you need to copy it again.

Hope it's more clear now.

Petitdroud
For some reason, I can't select colors or theme. I'll have to look to see if I have an issue with Kodi.

Thanks.
(2015-06-15, 15:59)robmich Wrote: For some reason, I can't select colors or theme. I'll have to look to see if I have an issue with Kodi.

Thanks.

If you cannot select the themes it's probably because you didn't unzip the files in the right place.

After unzipping you should find the following files for each directories:

c:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.rapier\media\
DroudMod-Rapier-Gold.xbt
DroudMod-Rapier-Orange.xbt
DroudMod-Rapier-Purple.xbt
DroudMod-Rapier-Red.xbt
DroudMod-Rapier-WB.xbt
Textures.xbt (that is the default one)

c:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.rapier\colors\
DroudMod-Rapier-Gold.xml
DroudMod-Rapier-Orange.xml
DroudMod-Rapier-Purple.xml
DroudMod-Rapier-Red.xml
DroudMod-Rapier-WB.xml
defaults.xml

c:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.rapier\720p\
includes_Home.xml (the one I provided must replace the current one to activate the wave animation)

Check if you have those files. If not, this is the problem and you need to unzip again until you have this.

Petitdroud
Thanks again for doing this. I might include some of these themes at some point.

FYI: If you include a Textures.xbt within your zip file, be sure to include an updated one. I often include new textures both for Helix and Isengard. Smile

What's the reason for including those?

Also, images for Helix and Isengard vary a little.

Do you update includes_Home.xml whenever it's changed on Github? Otherwise people will get a skin not functioning properly...
(2015-06-15, 19:19)Gade Wrote: Thanks again for doing this. I might include some of these themes at some point.

FYI: If you include a Textures.xbt within your zip file, be sure to include an updated one. I often include new textures both for Helix and Isengard. Smile

What's the reason for including those?

Also, images for Helix and Isengard vary a little.

Do you update includes_Home.xml whenever it's changed on Github? Otherwise people will get a skin not functioning properly...

Hello,

Yes I'm trying to maintain the file up to date with your textures.
Same for includes_Home.xml, Every time you update it I'm doing a compare to see If I need to modify mine.

Petitdroud

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PetitDroud Color Change0