Creative Channel Names
Hey, I was wondering if anyone tries to come up with some creative channel names for their custom channels in PseudoTV Live? I like to make channels based on genres or mixtures of different networks and I try to come up with some sort of name, but they always end up being 'something' network/tv. For example, two of my channels are called Prime Network and Total TV (each with a 1, 2 and 3) - so as you can see, not the most creative!

What are some of your methods for naming TV channels in PTVL?
I base my channels on genre or demographic.

Comedy + horror = goofy gore
war = get to the choppa
sci-fi with robotics = rise of the machines
sci-fi with aliens = alien nation
comedy TV = laugh your butt off
police shows = on patrol
anime = animehem
comedy + romance = cheesy romance
cartoons with a strong male presence = bro toonz
mystery = whodunit?
documentary/biography = reenacted
musicals - sing-a-long
comedy with TV-14 or TV-MA rating = adult comedy

Those are just a few examples of my own channels to get you going. I have 95 playlist channels in PTVL. I'd share my playlists with you, but a lot of mine are consistent with custom tags and genres.
I took the Ted Turner approach and named a few of our channels after myself. My name is Jim so for the channels that contain a mix shows from various networks and genres I use jiMTV, jiMTV 2, and jiMTV 3. It's not too clever, but it works for us. For our movie channels (organized by genre), my roommate and I named them HoBO (e.g. HoBO Action, HoBO Comedy, HoBO Sci-Fi, etc...) with channel logos that are similar to the HBO logo. We also have two Simpsons channels that are named D'Oh and D'Oh 2.
(2015-05-20, 23:47)phnt0m Wrote: We also have two Simpsons channels that are named D'Oh and D'Oh 2.

Derailing the topic a bit here - but why two channels? I'm a big Simpsons fan, and I have all the episodes in my library, but I've only made one channel for Simpsons, simply playing random episodes 24/7. Also, I'm liking the name, I'm going to steal that.
I'm also stealing the Simpsons name lol

So in trying to find a channel name generator, etc. if came across the lyngsat logo website (http://www.lyngsat-logo.com), which is quite nice, it has the logos for channels from all across the world, and it's easy to pick one at random for a channel name (and have a snazzy ready made png logo to go with it).
I posted this a few years ago... but i'm sure by now its been lost to time...

Site below has great fonts, including fonts with network logos, and show logos...
Great way to make your own custom channel icons!!

http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=717&page=4
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-05-21, 13:25)crshd Wrote:
(2015-05-20, 23:47)phnt0m Wrote: We also have two Simpsons channels that are named D'Oh and D'Oh 2.

Derailing the topic a bit here - but why two channels? I'm a big Simpsons fan, and I have all the episodes in my library, but I've only made one channel for Simpsons, simply playing random episodes 24/7. Also, I'm liking the name, I'm going to steal that.

steal away! We have 2 channels in case an episode comes on that we've seen recently or just too much. We also have a channel that shows 2 Simpsons episodes back to back starting at ~6p for nostalgia purposes.

Luna - that link is awesome. i think that's where my roommate got the HBO logo for our HoBO channels.
I've been thinking about this too lately. Really I got the idea from the Milkman's guide--where he talks about how to organize your channels for best effect via the old PTV Manager application. Part of the reason why I'm so thrilled to see a web version of the PTVL Manager being worked on is it makes making custom channels possible again crossplatform.

But see, I've been thinking about the way the scraping works on Kodi. What's to stop someone who knows what their doing from creating a set of community channels based on scraped content? Setup up something that moves all the anime (based on key words and genre) to channels with community logos. Not everyone will have the same content for each channel, but enough of us should probably have enough of various listed shows to fill out several channels.

Instead of having a bunch of British shows on various channels (often with the same show looping due to lack of variety) why not have an Anglophile channel complete with custom station bumpers and logos. Just figure out a list of common shows and place them in that channel's lists, to be built in that channel's id. Instead of spreading out Science Fiction shows across multiple channels, create the Asimov channel, or place all the kdrama and jdrama shows into a Dourama TV channel. Or call it the Telenovela Channel.

Maybe what I'm thinking is too much work or simply not possible. I don't know, I'm just spitballing here. I really like the idea though...
I have a number of custom channel logos I made for my specific genres or titles, film decades, etc, feel free to browse and see if any are to your liking or give you channel ideas.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-Tbkt...authuser=0
(2015-05-28, 04:38)ThorC1138 Wrote: I have a number of custom channel logos I made for my specific genres or titles, film decades, etc, feel free to browse and see if any are to your liking or give you channel ideas.

Thanks for sharing. Nice logos!
(2015-05-28, 04:38)ThorC1138 Wrote: I have a number of custom channel logos I made for my specific genres or titles, film decades, etc, feel free to browse and see if any are to your liking or give you channel ideas.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

How would a channel logo request thread go over with my fellow PTVL users? I tend to get a fair bit of free time and, to be honest, I enjoy logo work quite a bit. It'll also help to organically build a type of 'channels names database' for our invented channels? Thoughts?
(2015-05-28, 20:03)RayW1986 Wrote: How would a channel logo request thread go over with my fellow PTVL users? I tend to get a fair bit of free time and, to be honest, I enjoy logo work quite a bit. It'll also help to organically build a type of 'channels names database' for our invented channels? Thoughts?

If you're offering I'd probably major in mixed genres and genres right now until those get built up a bit. I found that there seemed to be no logo for Action TV or Adventure TV (definitely nothing for Action & Adventure) so we desperately need those! Probably also some of the "new" channels. For instance the Donor logos do not seem to include BBC America, Netflix, or Amazon logos for shows from those networks. This can impact when a show like Longmire or Ripper Street moves from a network to one of the online services and suddenly they have no logos any more unless you manually edit their information to be a different network. Might also be nice to have some generic anime network logos, maybe based on the networks or studios that already exist?

Just throwing that out there.
(2015-05-21, 14:20)Lunatixz Wrote: I posted this a few years ago... but i'm sure by now its been lost to time...

Site below has great fonts, including fonts with network logos, and show logos...
Great way to make your own custom channel icons!!

http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=717&page=4

thanks luna, looking through em

(2015-05-21, 20:02)phnt0m Wrote:
(2015-05-21, 13:25)crshd Wrote:

steal away! We have 2 channels in case an episode comes on that we've seen recently or just too much. We also have a channel that shows 2 Simpsons episodes back to back starting at ~6p for nostalgia purposes.

Luna - that link is awesome. i think that's where my roommate got the HBO logo for our HoBO channels.

Stealing The Simpson channel names as well lol, pretty creative.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creative Channel Names0