Solved Arctic:Zephyr - Random Series Fanart from Playlist
Been trying for a while to figure out how I can get this working without changing to a different skin, as Zephyr has definitely become my favorite since migrating to Kodi.
My home menu consists of 3 options currently. Anime, TV Shows, and Movies. Movies is using the standard list built into Kodi while Anime and TV Shows are linked to Playlists based on Source Location.

When configuring the Home Menu options, I'm able to select a Widget for items, and while everything is technically working properly, I'd like to tweak the function slightly.
Unfortunately, i've had some difficulty in finding where I can do this.
Currently, the Widget I have selected for Anime and/or TV Shows is:
(Video Playlist) Anime // (Video Playlist) TV Shows

The behavior using this setting results in each Menu Item displaying the Series Fanart for any item included in it's respective playlist, in order (Alphabetically, regardless of sort method).
What i'd like to do however, is have these items displayed Randomly.
Additionally, if possible, i'd like to change the interval at which it changes/rotates.

Is there any way to change the behavior of this?
Where would I find the configuration for such?
Setting the sorting method of a smart playlist to random works for me...
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Changing the sort method of the playlist does not appear to affect this.

Regardless, changing the sort order of the listings would make the playlist nigh-unusable as there are 231 individual items (series) included in one, and another 80 in the other.
Having these lists essentially unsorted would cause nothing but grief when trying to find a show, and having to change the sort option each time you want to find something is not a reasonable solution.
Simply duplicate the playlist - use the one with random sorting for the widget, and normal sorting for library.

Also, did you change the sorting in the actual smart playlist editor dialog, because you have to do it there, not in the library view.
I just tested and it works fine. You have to change the bit in red.

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Ah, excellent. I hadn't thought of creating a second playlist in order to influence the widget.
And yeah, I was attempting to change the sorting through the Library view, so that explains why it wasn't working.

Just set it up and tested using the method you recommended and everything looks to be working the way i'd like.
Also gives me some more ideas on some other changes I may make to my setup.

Thanks, much appreciated! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic:Zephyr - Random Series Fanart from Playlist0