Win Add file source problem
Hello. I'm trying to add a new source add-on from a zipped file downloaded to a folder on my computer's (C:windows8_OS).When I click the file to open it is blank. I have done this many times before with no problem. I have other repository zipped files in there that I added before but it does not even recognize them.The folder definitely has the files in it. I even copied and pasted the new zipped file to my desktop but it won't recognize it there either. Can you advise please?
Wow! 100 views but no suggestions. I am perplexed.
Hi guys, I am a newbie and need a bit of help, I have a 16.1 jarvis and when I type a streaming link into my zip file (after the naming it bit) when I try to add to repo, it is there, but when I click on it, the next page is blank, if I go back again it's still there but doesn't show on the next page, it's doing it on all of them now, don't know what is wrong, it did used to install addons but not now, any suggestions? Layman's responses please as I'm learning. Regards muvoda.
If I have a zipped addon, I go to addons, install from zip. I don't unzip it. 

Perhaps I have misunderstood you
What exactly are you trying to add, and from where?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi lads, thanks for your replies, for some unknown reason after I type in a http:// address and name it like I used to do and install it in the zip, it's not showing on the next page to click on and install from the repo, it's blank, so something is amiss, any suggestions?
I don't think official addons use a HttP address, only dodgy ones, but i apologise if I am wrong

Perhaps you have mistyped the url, or perhaps the url no longer works.

What addon are you looking for?
Hi bubblegum57, well I'm not saying you are wrong but I have done this quite a few times with http addresses and I've had no problems, I have tried it now with at least 4 other ones just to check that it wasn't just a rogue one and I'm still experiencing the same problem, so I'm at a loss at the moment, Internet is working fine, it just won't show for me to click on to install from repo.
If you'd actually answer the questions then we might stand a chance of progressing here...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Er Mr Hill, attitude, do you normally talk to members like that? Thank you kindly but I would rather talk to people like bubblegum57 in future, who know HOW to address fellow members politely.
When we strongly suspect violations of the forum rules (wiki) and get evasive answers to our questions then our patience is short.

If you're asking about banned addon (wiki) crap or have it on your system then it's you that we don't want to know.

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello @muvoda

Could you please provide the full, unredacted address you are trying to type in.

I have been polite to my fellow member, so I will trust that you will respond in kind and provide the politely requested information.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The address I have been trying to get is http:// iplayer.WWW. so like I said quite a few times now, I type it in, then name it, iplayer, then on the next screen it's blank. So I'm afraid with some of the responses I have received, I will just call it a day and never bother to sign up to a forum that I am not at all happy with, just to say thank you to bubblegum57 who did try and understand my problem, because after all, I did say I was a newbie and don't really understand.
And what happens when you type that address into a web browser?

--edit--
You need to remember these are just web addresses. Nothing more. If they don't work in a browser, they won't work in Kodi.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Also, I don't know where you got the idea that to install and add-on, you need to type a web address. That method of thinking is used by the Piracy Add-on community. Not us.

If you are truly attempting to install the add-on:IPlayer WWW, then do it the proper way via the official repository... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:IPlayer_WWW
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add file source problem0