v14 Episode number in show title
I am using Kodi 14.2 on a Windows 7 machine. When I save a TV episode, I save it in a format containing the episode number, but when I go to view it in Kodi, it only displays the episode name, so I have no idea which episode to watch next. How do I get Kodi to display the episode number with the name and then sort by episode number? Thanks.
How this displays and what is displayed is partially skin dependant and the view chosen. The slide out left menu in the TV area will cycle options of view. Diffident skins will offer different views.. some of whihc include episode number.
I see that Kodi is not actually renaming the files but just choosing to show title only without episode numbers. Surely I am not the only one who does not know which episode to watch without the episode numbers displayed, and I am wondering how others have addressed this? A different skin? If so, which? Or another way? It seems that there should be a setting for this. I really like the default skin, and it seems to be the most compatible, but this is unacceptable. All suggestions appreciated.
Change the "sort" method in the lefthand sidebar menu.
I guess I don't see the love, I brought up Confluence and went to TVshows, picked one with multiple seasons, entered one and was presented with episodes 1 thru 12 and a 'special' designated S01, using the 'I' information key I brought up a summary of the episode to the point of information overload (this is 'list view) In media view you get it all on that screen. If you want so1e03 type listings, file mode will show that. Try a few skins and see what fits, I like Transparency and Aeon You might check out the add-on LazyTV it keeps track of your last watched and offers next episode opportunities. If you have your episodes properly scraped into the library, you should have episode indication and a short summary of what you're about to watch.
(2015-05-22, 00:19)Ned Scott Wrote: Change the "sort" method in the lefthand sidebar menu.

Thanks, but the sort options do not include one for episode.
(2015-05-22, 01:13)jfm30204 Wrote:
(2015-05-22, 00:19)Ned Scott Wrote: Change the "sort" method in the lefthand sidebar menu.

Then I have no idea what you're trying to do. I see the option in Kodi right now on my own computer.
(2015-05-22, 00:35)PatK Wrote: I guess I don't see the love, I brought up Confluence and went to TVshows, picked one with multiple seasons, entered one and was presented with episodes 1 thru 12 and a 'special' designated S01, using the 'I' information key I brought up a summary of the episode to the point of information overload (this is 'list view) In media view you get it all on that screen. If you want so1e03 type listings, file mode will show that. Try a few skins and see what fits, I like Transparency and Aeon You might check out the add-on LazyTV it keeps track of your last watched and offers next episode opportunities. If you have your episodes properly scraped into the library, you should have episode indication and a short summary of what you're about to watch.

First of all, I don't have TV Shows. On the main page, I just have Movies and Videos, along with Photos and Music. I get to TV Shows by going to videos/files/TV. Shows only Episode name, and there is no option for episode number. So I'm at a loss. If I have done something incorrectly, then I don't know what it is.
(2015-05-22, 01:20)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-05-22, 01:13)jfm30204 Wrote:

Then I have no idea what you're trying to do. I see the option in Kodi right now on my own computer.

What, exactly, does the option say? I'll have to check and see how to post a screenshot, if that is possible.
(2015-05-22, 02:00)jfm30204 Wrote:
(2015-05-22, 00:35)PatK Wrote: I guess I don't see the love, I brought up Confluence and went to TVshows, picked one with multiple seasons, entered one and was presented with episodes 1 thru 12 and a 'special' designated S01, using the 'I' information key I brought up a summary of the episode to the point of information overload (this is 'list view) In media view you get it all on that screen. If you want so1e03 type listings, file mode will show that. Try a few skins and see what fits, I like Transparency and Aeon You might check out the add-on LazyTV it keeps track of your last watched and offers next episode opportunities. If you have your episodes properly scraped into the library, you should have episode indication and a short summary of what you're about to watch.

First of all, I don't have TV Shows. On the main page, I just have Movies and Videos, along with Photos and Music. I get to TV Shows by going to videos/files/TV. Shows only Episode name, and there is no option for episode number. So I'm at a loss. If I have done something incorrectly, then I don't know what it is.

You clearly haven't scanned your TV Shows as a 'source' therefore aren't getting access to them via the library. Scan them in the same manner you did with your movies and you'll get access to them without the need to go to files mode - which is basically the same as Windows explorer.
If the file name has the episode number in it, then it should show the file name as-is when you view it in file mode. The only time the episode number could be stripped (for some skins) is if the TV shows were scanned and the sort order was changed (for both library and file modes, as library titles will replace file names by default).

I believe you when you say it happens, but I'm just stumped as to what could cause this :)

Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you view the video in a list?
You are missing the TV Show button.... you get it when you fully scrape TV shows into your library. Adding videos to the library (wiki) I suspect that all your issues will melt away after you have done this. Nomenclature is important Naming video files/TV shows (wiki)

A debug log (wiki) would be needed of the action to proceed further.
I had been using the Files method of accessing videos because I had not liked the default presentation of other media managers. So I added the shows as instructed, and now the presentation in Kodi is very good, like this - 01.Name of Episode 1, 02.Name of Episode 2, etc. - at least with the Aeon Nox skin. Haven't yet tried Confluence or Transparency.

Thanks to everyone for the help. Much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Episode number in show title0