Channels disappearing
I am having a problem with missing channels. I can force a channel reset and all channels will show up but as the days go on I start to notice missing channels. It can change from day to day. So today I might missing channels 7, 8 and 9, but tomorrow those might be there but 10, 28 and 141 are now missing. When I check addon_data\script.pseufotv.live\cache\ there are playlists for all the channels that should exist but the missing channels' playlists are empty and only comprised of:

Code:
#EXTM3U

The problem has spanned the last couple updates but I'm not sure exactly when it started. All of my channels are based on content on my local network. No internet channels. I can't find any common traits about the channels that go missing and it seems totally random. I have 95 total channels and the last time I ran PTVL 14 were missing. That log is here:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=65...file%2clog

Any idea what could be wrong or how to fix it?
your log file link is bad.
Not sure why. Try this:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=65...file%2clog
Can anyone help with this?
Have you tried deleting and remaking the problem channels? It's possible that these channels are using old configurations that are invalid now.
But they will reappear and then others will be missing. I would think that if they were now invalid, they would disappear and stay gone.
Again this morning I checked it out and on the first run channels 7, 8 and 9 were missing. So I exit and restart PTVL and that time 7, 8 and 9 were showing but 5 and 19 were missing. It seems completely random. My channels are pretty simple with most being based on either TV show name or Movie genre and those are the ones most often disappearing.

So there are no real "problem channels".
I'm not sure if it's relevant or just coincidence, but the machine I most use PTVL on runs OpenELEC. Once in a while I run PTVL on my Windows desktop computer and it always seems to have all the channels. I've never seen any disappear on it, but I use it way less so I'm not sure if that's why I haven;t seen it on it. Either way, I would love to find a solution to this problem because it's frustrating running PTVL only to find the channel you wanted to watch is gone.

Can anyone help with the issue?
I am assuming that my question must be an often asked one since it is being ignored. But I assure you I have searched and found very little. I found a Reddit post on a similar type issue but it was of no help. Can anyone give some guidance even if only to point me to link where this has been discussed?
This is still an ongoing problem. Is there any hope of getting some help with thisHuh It sucks when you start PTVL and like 20 channels are missing.
Channels will only disappear for the following reasons:

Bad settings2 - run repair tool
Improperly config. settings2
Channel rule set to play only unwatched, and all channel criteria is watched. or other advanced rules that limit playback.
Channel has no media to play.
Channel could not resolve duration info. aka no media found
Channel has filter's enabled, ie. no strms, aka no media found
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Somehow I didn't get a notification that you replied to this thread and being that it was old, I quit checking it. So I'm sorry for such a late response.

I have never seen my Windows machine missing any channels. It always happens on the my Openelec box, but 95% of my PTVL usage is on that box and the Windows' box gets very little PTVL usage so that may be why I don't see it on it. I ran the repair tool on both my boxes (not sure if I had to with channel sharing enabled, but I did anyhow), but it didn't help.

As far as I know my settings2.xml is properly configured, but maybe I'm wrong. Here it is so maybe you can verify if it's OK:

http://xbmclogs.com/pf8clpfsg

As for your other suggestions, I really don't see how they could apply in my situation. As I said in my previous posts on this matter, the channels disappear and reappear randomly. I can start PTVL and be missing 20 channels, immediately stop and restart it and some or all of those 20 will now appear and others will be missing. So it' not a matter of having channels set to play unwatched only and me not having any media meeting that criteria. All of my media has runtime data in the Kodi video db and my media is all available on my local network. If it were some of those issues the missing channels would be more consistent. Besides, I posted my log in the OP, if some of that stuff were the case wouldn't you have seen it in my log? All I know is that if I set PTVL to rescan all channels on next start, I ALWAYS have all my channels appear as I would expect. It's subsequent starts where the problems begin. Sometimes 3-7 starts are fine before channels start to disappear.

Hopefully we can find a solution to this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channels disappearing0