Mod Extended Info AddOn Support in Transparency!
Information 
I have been messing around with the Extended Info Addon (Available in the Kodi Repository), and really like it! At the same time, I did not like launching the AddOn directly and displaying seemingly random movies from the web to choose from. The AddOn has the ability to "send" it a movie name, and display the information for that movie. That was what aloud me to create this Mod to the Transparency skin.

First, I am NOT a skinner, and this all took me quite a while to muddle through and get to work! What I did was to add an additional button on the Video Dialog screen (Pop up that displays when pressing "Info" while a movie or TV show is selected in the list) When you select this button, it feeds the current movie to the AddOn. I am pretty sure that I covered all bases and have everything as it should be. If you have any problems, just let me know!

The Extended Info AddOn has a LOT of features, my favorite being the YouTube videos that it scrapes when viewing an actors biography. They are playable right through the interface by selecting them. Of course the large HD actor view is a plus as well compared to the standard tiny thumbnail images Wink

Here is the new button on the DialogVideoInfo screen:

Here is the main screen when you click the "Extended Info" button

The Actors Detailed Information:

It should be mentioned that all of the information displayed in this AddOn is pulled from TMDB, so an Internet connection is required to retrieve the information whenever you use the AddOn.

The only file altered is the DialogVideoInfo.xml. You can download the file HERE from my OneDrive.

Simply unzip the file, and place it in the skin folder
For Windows 7 & 8:
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.transparency\720p

For Windows XP:
c:\program files\Kodi\addons\skin.transparency\720p

[MOD]
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
Hi,

I like the way you added extendinfo into the movie information. But I wonder if I can reverse the way it was displaying the info on the first screen" director, writer studio etc."
It looks a little bit messy at the moment when I look into your first screenshot!

Do you know were in the DialogVideoInfo.xml i need to change back?
The only modification I did was to add a button to Transparency to load the Extended Info Plugin. I did not change the way the information is displayed in any way. I have no idea why it displays like that, and thought it may be to a newer version of Kodi, that the skin was not altered for. Am I the only one that has the screen displaying like this?

As for the DialogVideoInfo.xml file, open it and I commented on most of the lines that I changed right in the .xml file. Do a search for "JohnWPB" and that will take you to the different areas that were changed.

Also, when anyone installs this, I suggest making a backup of your original DialogVideoInfo.xml before copying the altered one into place.
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
(2015-05-26, 20:44)JohnWPB Wrote: The only modification I did was to add a button to Transparency to load the Extended Info Plugin. I did not change the way the information is displayed in any way. I have no idea why it displays like that, and thought it may be to a newer version of Kodi, that the skin was not altered for. Am I the only one that has the screen displaying like this?

As for the DialogVideoInfo.xml file, open it and I commented on most of the lines that I changed right in the .xml file. Do a search for "JohnWPB" and that will take you to the different areas that were changed.

Also, when anyone installs this, I suggest making a backup of your original DialogVideoInfo.xml before copying the altered one into place.

Its not the Extended info I was refereeing to, your first screenshot shows Star trek into darkness followed by JJ.Abrams DI. This section looks very strange. everything is flipped and doesn't look good. Something must be wrong here.
(2015-05-26, 21:14)Goliath2000 Wrote: Its not the Extended info I was refereeing to, your first screenshot shows Star trek into darkness followed by JJ.Abrams DI. This section looks very strange. everything is flipped and doesn't look good. Something must be wrong here.

I noticed, and edited my post, as you were replying it looks like Smile I am not sure what happened there. I just pulled the original DialogVideoInfo.xml from the lastest SVN, and re-edited the lines to add the ExtendedInfo button. I uploaded it back to my One Drive. Have a look at the updated screen shot in the first post. Download the file in the first post again, and let me know if that did the trick. Sorry for the confusion.

(2015-05-26, 21:32)JohnWPB Wrote:
(2015-05-26, 21:14)Goliath2000 Wrote: Its not the Extended info I was refereeing to, your first screenshot shows Star trek into darkness followed by JJ.Abrams DI. This section looks very strange. everything is flipped and doesn't look good. Something must be wrong here.

I noticed, and edited my post, as you were replying it looks like Smile I am not sure what happened there. I just pulled the original DialogVideoInfo.xml from the lastest SVN, and re-edited the lines to add the ExtendedInfo button. I uploaded it back to my One Drive. Download the file in the first post again, and let me know if that did the trick. Sorry for the confusion.

No problem at all!
Oh it worked! What did you change?
I could not find the cause of it, so I took an original DialogVideoInfo.xml from the latest SVN, and just replaced the lines that I changed to add the button for the AddOn.

Love this... seemed to work without my user name & pswd, but with the proper credentials it looks like I can rate this on the db. The way the information slides in an out, would like to see it a tad snapper.

I was hoping Ronie would make this an official built in, it's very nice addition and worth the install effort.
I did notice that clicking 'extras', doesn't show the extras window up front, but behind, to get to it you need to get behind with the back key. (the extras are available just not obvious) In stand alone run from the add-ons, the extras are two screens behind, not sure this is attributed to Video Extras or Extended Info handle the new window. Kodi 4.2 T! SVN
The animations in it are actually pretty slow. Check out the animation time lines in the script-ExtendedInfo Script-DialogVideoInfo.xml. I atered them and it is much snappier now.

Also you can change the DialogVideoInfo.xml in lines from 117 to 121 time="200" I changed mine to time="0". This way when you press the Info button to bring up the overlay, when you click over 4 times to get to the new ExtendedInfo button, it doesn't feel like the buttons are in slow motion Wink

If anyone finds this useful, please feel free to add to my reputation on the left. And if you have not done so, make sure you add to Ronnie's reputation for the best XBMC skin out there, and follow through with his "Donate Button" if you can! Nod

+1 rep for the tips and tweaks. I can't believe how nice this script is; really puts Kodi into a new class and brings tons of interest back into the 'oldies'., I certainly hope this is highlighted on the Kord Kutters show that Ned and Nate are hosting. Once you get a taste of this script, everything else is just so much yesterday.

The real star is of course Ronie and his outrageously stable and solid Transparency!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtp9s4L...jXg/videos
Hi, nice mod =)
however I've been trying to fix this problem all night but it does not matter what i try nothing changes. sadly your mod borks this up somehow =/

this is the info view for tv shows (it looks like this for seasons also but not for episodes) the focus texture is placed wrong on both the x and the y axis (in this screenshot the cast button is focused)

I've would have fixed it myself and posted the fix if i could figure it out, but i'm just a regular joe so this time i could not fix it =/
perhaps you could look in to it so your mod works everywhere?
I did fix one focus problem a few days ago, try the latest one linked to above and see if that works. If not, post another screen capture (the one above did not work) and tell me exactly what was selected, series, individual show ect.

I am a "regular Joe" as well, and have had a heck of a time making what seems like the simplest of modifications. There are NO references to what the code in the skin does, what includes are for what, and what image, button, focus, or animation does. It has been all trial and error till I find the correct line that seems to do what I want Wink

I think you'll see this one.

i tried to re-download your edited file, but it did not solve this issue =/
the focus of the buttons are up by the ratings (it's the cast button that's highlighted on my screen grab), it only occurs when you, in the tv-show library, press "i" directly on a tv-show or one step deeper, on a season. it does not happen when you "i" a particular episode, then it works like it should. movie library is also unaffected. do you understand what i mean by that?
Hello JohnWPB and Thorbear,

the integration of the extended info script in this skin is great work!! I really like it. But there is a little problem on my systems.

I also have the subscribed problem of Thorbear. In my series-Folder it looks like in the Picture above. But it works great.
In my movie-folder the extended info button is available, also. But there the focus on the button is like it should be, but there at every movie I receive the Information "Could not find item at MovieDB.

I have the script as also the DialogVideoInfo.xml installed on a windows vista and at xbmcbuntu system. In both systems the same result. Is there a solution available or is it something different?

Could you help??

Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extended Info AddOn Support in Transparency!1