change default view type to gallery - |Metropolis skin
Hi,
I'm trying to change the default view type of videos to 'gallery' (in Metropolis skin).
I tried to edit 'MyVideoNav' from:
<defaultcontrol always="true">55</defaultcontrol>
to:
<defaultcontrol always="true">508</defaultcontrol>
but it didnt have any effect (and showed me the regular list).
any idea what is the problem?
Thanks,
alon.
Offhand, without looking, the actual elements of Gallery might be conditioned against any thing not in the library. However, if you can put it into Gallery view manually, then it is most likely Kodi that is remembering a prior setting of 55 in its guisettings.xml or the library db (I think Kodi remembers every window you have opened before). Try a "fresh" test install of Kodi and make the default code change prior to opening any video menu. Or use a copy of Metropolis renamed to something else, make your changes, then switch to it, that "might" ignore another skins already set viewing modes.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Videos that are scraped into your library can use the Gallery view type. Just switch to it and Kodi will remember.

If you're referring to videos that are not scraped, you only have two options in Metropolis: List and Low List.

And also.. if you do rename your copy of Metropolis, do note that you won't receive further updates automatically.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
change default view type to gallery - |Metropolis skin0