• 2(current)
TheLogoDB.com - The Open TV Logo Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)
+1
(2015-05-28, 00:55)Lunatixz Wrote: down to the three types of logos, white sq, color sq, color banner... and lynsat not having trans logos... I built a script to parse their site for logos, if you are interested PM me... but the logos are very poor quality.

I'd like to see fanart.tv create a logo db... Smile
Are you sure that logos from lyng-sat not have transp.logos....
tray this link country-holland ,here is all kind of dimension all transparents,deff.not poor quality
http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/tvcountry/nl_1.html

XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
I will look into this, I had a quick go here at a site template www.thelogodb.com No functionality yet though.

What I would need is some standard artwork sizes and ideas for how to organize the channels (by country? by satalite frequency? by tv provider?) oh and what data fields would need to be set for each logo/channel.
(2015-05-31, 17:24)zag Wrote: I will look into this, I had a quick go here at a site template www.thelogodb.com No functionality yet though.

What I would need is some standard artwork sizes and ideas for how to organize the channels (by country? by satalite frequency? by tv provider?) oh and what data fields would need to be set for each logo/channel.

I sent bry a link to the scraped file with all of the USA transparent png files from lyngsat-logo.com yesterday. It's got nearly 1200 PNGs in it, so that should be enough to get this project started. If you want other countries scraped, let me know which ones and I'll ask my buddy to do it. His handle is mcorcoran, feel free to drop him some thanks!
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
What I would really like is a list of channels as an Excel or SQL dataset.

That would get us going nicely.
You can pull a list from TMDB and TVDB which should get going in that area
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Create script to take Channels Name from Sql tabel of PVR
TV#.db ,find exactly or simular name in http://www.lyngsat-logo.com and save logo in destination folder.

Simple for excactly for same names ,but for missing name logo you can add to chose mannual.
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
+1

Standardising the type of logos as mentioned by the OP would cater for the variety of background colours and allocation of space for logos in EPG's
Zag for the rescue as usual Smile

Artwork and dimensions:

I'd say for the square-type logos the website should be able to accept both 256x256 px transparent png images and 512x512px transparent png images. For the rectangular logos I've googled a lot of channel logos and the ratios are always between 4:1 and 5:1 so I'd suggest to decide a single dimension and work the logos based on that value. For what I've seen for a sample of logos of different channels I can see the big majority is more closer (or equal) to 4:1 ratios than to 5:1. So I'd go for 600x150 for instance.
Another artwork type I've found is fanart. There are a lot of 1920x1080p images or backgrounds dedicated to tvstations as this image ( http://bloguin.com/awfulannouncing/wp-co...K-LOGO.jpg ). I know this is something that is not really possible right now but we always should think ahead and have something to work out in the future. If we have fanarts dedicated to channels we can easily (in the future) replace the default livetv images presented in the skin if no artwork for the current program exists. At least for some backends.

I'm talking about the curtain image.

Metadata
The website should be simple and its only mission to store high quality logos. There are a lot of other websites one can visit to obtain other type of information. Plus that info is not really static. Unless an api exists to sync that info (like the frequency, system and epg) I think it's probably too much and should be kept for the future as well.
I would only care with country and tvproviders for each channel.

Channel organization/DB
Country, frequency or tvprovider...I would definetly go for tvprovider. Channels should be individual entities that can belong to several tvproviders. Plus, kodi is used by cablecutters which means that a lot of channels one has are nothing more than pseudo channels (hence the popularity of psendo tv live). If you organize channels this way you can define a provider for pseudotv and users can upload logos of their personal channels.
That's something that lyngsat does. If you wish I can spend some time at night to fill a csv or a sql with both channels and providers. Each channel on the database (row) would have a property (column) TRUE/FALSE for each tv provider.

Cheers

PS: Congratulations for the FA Cup Smile
I've found the SKY UK Channel list as a word document here:

http://www.wildsat.com/epglist.doc

So will import that first. If you want your local providers channels included, please post a similar list with Channel Number, Category, and channel name

I'm also looking through thetvdb SQL files to find other channels as Martijn suggested.
I've made a high res here for the Dutch market but it does include a lot of international channels as well as they're available to the market;
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228519

I disagree with the current ratio's being mentioned, strongly.
BTW I do have most of these as either .EPS or .SVG so I can make them any resolution or any size I want.
For now I"ve decided on 800x450 which is 16:9.
Why this? For starters not all logo's are square or do fit in a square easily, some are quite long and if this was the case I searched for one which did fit the ratio better.
You see when these get scaled down they become unreadable, let's say if the were 150x800 which happened a lot.
In these cases I've searched for a split version of the logo or a small alternative one.

The ratio of 16:9 did work the best for logo's for me as you can see from the above, I've exiremented a lot with this since the begin days of MediaPortal (about 2001/2002'ish) all the way up to now. Then there's the design... it's really a jungle out there style wise.... I pretty much went with the flat design where available if not all I believe. For this way I suggest a pack rather than a database to make them fit in with each other and the skin. i would support a database but only for let's say I could maintain the logo pack myself for my provider, just as loose logo's I don't see it working out.

Edit: Oh i forgot 1 thing, there's also design; they keep bloody changing them and some channels lost each season!
The pack I made has all the current ones out there.

Pic from my backend for planning recordings etc... Here you can see nicely that square doesn't really fit best and rectangular is better. I agree some logo's could use a bit more space on the bottom or on top but it scales far better overall for all logo's this way.
Sounds good to me.

Site updated a bit

http://www.thelogodb.com/

Its now database driven and has the basics for logo display. Still loads to do but keeping it simple this time.

the difficulty I see with optimum is they have different channels based on your location.
https://www.ziggo.nl/televisie/zenderoverzicht/ For Ziggo
https://www.digitenne.nl/digitenne-zenders/ for Digitenne
https://www.canaldigitaal.nl/uploadedfil...-radio.pdf for Canal Digitaal

Now some good example of the ratio's i was talking about.

Elongated style;

"Square" style;

There are worse elongated examples with an even worse aspect ratio but for explaining purposes this does nicely.
The square ones scales way better than the elongated version, that's why I preferred the square style even while you rarely see it being used.
I actively went and searched for this kind of logo and if needed I changed it into this style.
For my current list of 210 logo's I could find and fit 99% nicely in the 16:9 box, be it square or rectangular... there are just a few I'm still not sure about and in 1 case I reverted to an older and currently unused style just to make it fit in better.
I left a script running overnight and it filled a sql database. It has now over 6000 channels grouped by TV packages. This means channels in the db are individual entities with info for the packages they belong plus their country.
After lunch I'll PM the dB to @zag and hopefully it can help starting this project
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheLogoDB.com - The Open TV Logo Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)3