Acorn TV
Acorn TV (URL acorn.tv) is a subscription streaming service that carries a great number of high quality British TV shows. Their content can be streamed to Chromecast and some similar hardware devices.

Anyone have ideas on how a "Kodibuntu" PC might be best used to make this content available, given that one has purchased the acorn subscription?

Thank you!
You won't get any help here as the KODI Media Player has to stick to 100% solid legal sources. Questions about streaming illegal sources can't be answered as per the FAQ. (And even though you are paying for it, it is still not legal in the UK as Acorn clearly don't have any legal rights to these shows)

Meanwhile... to save you a headache... KODI doesn't do Chromecast streaming
Acorn TV isn't illegal is it? It's a U.S. geo-locked service, but that doesn't mean it's illegal.

There's an awful lot of discussion about Netflix on here, I can't see this is any different?
(2015-05-28, 21:21)BatterPudding Wrote: You won't get any help here as the KODI Media Player has to stick to 100% solid legal sources. Questions about streaming illegal sources can't be answered as per the FAQ. (And even though you are paying for it, it is still not legal in the UK as Acorn clearly don't have any legal rights to these shows)

Dumb***Acorn is completely legal. I love it when people open their mouth and demonstrate their depth of knowledge. I actually research before saying anything.... "Acorn is a nut"
(2016-10-04, 19:57)CaptainRexKramer Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 21:21)BatterPudding Wrote: You won't get any help here as the KODI Media Player has to stick to 100% solid legal sources. Questions about streaming illegal sources can't be answered as per the FAQ. (And even though you are paying for it, it is still not legal in the UK as Acorn clearly don't have any legal rights to these shows)

Dumb***Acorn is completely legal. I love it when people open their mouth and demonstrate their depth of knowledge. I actually research before saying anything.... "Acorn is a nut"

Correcting an error is acceptable and encouraged, but correcting somebody in a courteous manner is the preferred etiquette on this forum please.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acorn TV0