WIP Android/ATV2 Maintenance Tool
i really need this tool for my android / google tv set top box which have only 1gb of storage. and kodi is getting huge overtime. i have dedicated internet connections to the box so downloading thumbnails is no problem rather than caching it. on first install kodi left 500 mb, but as im browsing addons, like genesis and pulsar, available space shrinks to 50mb which will render the interface useless. hd movies only download at around 150mb left. its really important that i maintain the disk under 300mb.

where can i download the mod? its seems offline.
Yes i see it has gone off line.

I hope kodaxx does put it back up. it is fantastic addon.

It works well with jarvis 16 alpha / beta.

Only on 15.2 final was problem, on android box.

Dont give up it has real potential.

Thankyou for what you have given.

All the best jamsb,
(2015-10-29, 01:21)teredactle Wrote: First off, many thanks for this! Nice to see something for the FTV.

My feedback.

1.When you clear thumbails, there is a popup saying "press ok to restart and rebuild". I don't want to restart now. It would be nice to have an option and not be forced. I hit back, but it forced a restart.
2.Could you rename this addon as AFTV Maintenance tool. There is already an addon called Maintenance Tool from tvaddons.ag so now under Programs I have listed 2 with the same name. It would be good to give it a recognizable name, considering that it's specific for the FTV, that would be make sense.
3. Clearing cache - I had to click yes through about 7 prompts on "found 5 files, delete?", "found 50 files, delete?" etc...not sure why.... is this normal? A yes to all would be ideal!

Thanks in advance for your work!
Cheers

Regarding your first point, it has to be restarted after deleting the thumbnail database or it will not function correctly. It only restarts the app, not the whole box. May I ask your reason for not wanting to restart right away?

Second, I intend to make this work for all operating systems so unfortunately I will not use the name you've suggested, but I may come up with something different.

Third, yes this is normal. You are working with a live file system. You are changing it as you are using it. Nothing can be perfect unfortunately
(2015-11-17, 14:01)diontoradan Wrote: i really need this tool for my android / google tv set top box which have only 1gb of storage. and kodi is getting huge overtime. i have dedicated internet connections to the box so downloading thumbnails is no problem rather than caching it. on first install kodi left 500 mb, but as im browsing addons, like ***** and pulsar, available space shrinks to 50mb which will render the interface useless. hd movies only download at around 150mb left. its really important that i maintain the disk under 300mb.

where can i download the mod? its seems offline.

It would probably be ideal for your situation, though I suggest not using those streaming pirated addons - doing that can cause a host of other problems on your box. Also, mentioning those can get you banned, please edit. I will PM you if I put it back online.
(2015-05-27, 22:06)kodaxx Wrote: This tool is especially useful if you are on a low storage device and use any streaming add-ons. Because Kodi downloads lots and lots of fanart and thumbnails as you browse through those add-ons - stuff you may never even look at again. Eventually it piles up and needs to be cleaned. Once these files grow to be very large they can max out your memory. That's why my device was crashing, going back to confluence skin, freezing, etc. When I found out that the installation was huge I did some digging and found the culprits. When I started manually clearing them from the file manager I stopped having those issues. So now I've created a tool that allows me to do this with just a few clicks. So I've got a quick script that allows you to manage some of your Android, Linux or ATV2 memory from within Kodi. Please try it out and let me know if it works for you. In the future I will be making a service that will read your HDD and warn you when space is low to remind you to use the tool.

What this tool does:

Note: None of these options affect any Kodi settings or skins or remove any add-ons. Your installation will remain the same - it just gets rid of some bloat. There are no news feeds that link to my website or any other crap and it runs some very basic commands to allow you to clean up your installation from within Kodi.

You will have 4 options once inside the tool. You can use one, two, all, or none.
Where can i get this please

Delete Cache
-Clears Kodi cache

Delete Thumbnails
-Deletes Thumbnails Folder-----|
-Deletes Textures13.db----------| (These two files can become absurdly large)
-Upon Kodi restart it will rebuild thumbnail library with only the files needed.

Purge Packages
-Deletes old add-on versions. As Kodi updates add-ons, it saves the old zip files in case you'd like to roll back. These files get removed with this command

Clear All
-Performs all 3 options, then automatically exits Kodi so that upon restart it will automatically rebuild thumbnail library

Changelog:
-Added 4th option, 'Clear All'

-Added 'automatic exit' after deleting thumbnails
-Code cosmetics

-Added conditions for ATV2

-Added Delete Cache
-Added Purge Packages

-Initial python for deleting thumbnails

Known Errors:
-"Delete Thumbnails" option does not work on Windows. Throws exceptions.WindowsError
'The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process'

Download Offline
where can i get this please?
kodaxx is the only person who can give the file to you.

I do hope kodaxx puts it back up for users to use.

It is a great tool and does exactly what he says it does.

All the best jamsb.
(2015-11-18, 20:12)kodaxx Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 01:21)teredactle Wrote: First off, many thanks for this! Nice to see something for the FTV.

My feedback.

1.When you clear thumbails, there is a popup saying "press ok to restart and rebuild". I don't want to restart now. It would be nice to have an option and not be forced. I hit back, but it forced a restart.
2.Could you rename this addon as AFTV Maintenance tool. There is already an addon called Maintenance Tool from tvaddons.ag so now under Programs I have listed 2 with the same name. It would be good to give it a recognizable name, considering that it's specific for the FTV, that would be make sense.
3. Clearing cache - I had to click yes through about 7 prompts on "found 5 files, delete?", "found 50 files, delete?" etc...not sure why.... is this normal? A yes to all would be ideal!

Thanks in advance for your work!
Cheers

Regarding your first point, it has to be restarted after deleting the thumbnail database or it will not function correctly. It only restarts the app, not the whole box. May I ask your reason for not wanting to restart right away?

Second, I intend to make this work for all operating systems so unfortunately I will not use the name you've suggested, but I may come up with something different.

Third, yes this is normal. You are working with a live file system. You are changing it as you are using it. Nothing can be perfect unfortunately

-Sorry, missed your response. For the restart I was just asking, I may not be the only one that finds a forced restart annoying, but if this is what is required for the addon to work then ok - just was not expecting it so it's good to know that this needs to happen. No worries on the name, was just a suggestion so that there is no confusion between the two addons. Thanks for your responses!
Any news on this becoming available again? From reading, it seems it would work great on the Fire Stick. Thanks!
(2016-01-10, 05:48)FirePro911 Wrote: Any news on this becoming available again? From reading, it seems it would work great on the Fire Stick. Thanks!

Sure, PM me and I will send it to you
(2015-12-28, 11:23)kirkydman Wrote: where can i get this please?

I will send it to you as well, if you send me a PM
I cannot PM or email you.. seems like my ID does not have permissions. Please send me your Cache clearing tool for AFTV2... i have the same Cache Full issue and want to try it out.

[email protected]

Thanks in advance.
Hello kodaxx,

Firstly, thank you soo much for creating this tool. From what I've been reading it seems to be exactly what could resolve all of my issues Sad but for some reason I'm unable to send you a PM or email, so I'm very humbly and kindly wondering if you or any other user that has this tool could please share it with me Sad

I have a FireTV Stick and my email is: [email protected]

Thank you in advance.
Sent
Hello kodaxx,

Have you updated your script mentainance tool?

I also cant send pms, If you have updated please can you send to me.

Thanks. jamsb

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android/ATV2 Maintenance Tool1