• 135(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
(2017-02-17, 18:32)HTPC-ASR Wrote: There are any hopes to play KODI auto refresh on an AVR with HDMI 2.0 (HDCP 2.2) linked to a TV with HDMI 1.4 (HDCP 1.4) ?? Sad

Yes, I fixed it myself. See here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...9/#5110689

nvidia should fix this properly, but still.
Hi,

Its not possible to have bob inverted deinterlace method in kodi 17?
I have this option in SPMC but not in KODI 17

Thanks
Anyone have tested 4K videos with this box and kodi? Works fine?
(2017-03-31, 20:50)djnata Wrote: Anyone have tested 4K videos with this box and kodi? Works fine?

Yes, and it supports HDR. (HDR10, not Dolby Vision yet)
I've reasearch and messed with settings all day with no luck.
I've found others with similar issues but found no solutions
So I'm hoping the forum can help.

On all my passthrough DD5.1 and DTS every few minutes I get an audio dropout that lasts a few milliseconds. Enough to miss like half of a word or something. VERY annoying!

Hardware chain:
Nvidia Shield (HDMI) - Vizio M60-D1 (TV Optical out) - Denon AVR 1612

Kodi 17.1 (Mar 20 2017)
Nvidia Shield - 16Gb updated 5.1 (24.28.403.124)
Vizio M60-D1 - Firmware up-to-date

Any help is appreciated!
@Justin325

What happens if you setup one of the following hardware chains?

1. Nvidia Shield (HDMI) - Vizio M60-D1 (without Denon AVR 1612)

2. Nvidia Shield (HDMI) - Denon AVR 1612 (HDMI) - Vizio M60-D1

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Nvidia Shield (HDMI) - Vizio M60-D1
Using the Display speakers I either can't notice the dropouts or it isn't occurring.
I just watched 20 minutes of a movie that is DD5.1 and didn't notice anything.

I can't route my Shield through my Denon receiver. I get no video. I think the AVR1612 is too old and won't support the resolution of the Shield.

On another note I DO NOT get these micro dropouts with DD5.1 Netflix, Prime, etc. just Kodi.
trying to figure out the best way to use my Harmony remote with hub and my Nvidia shield. as instructed by many it is easy to just pair the harmony to the shield as a bluetooth device and then add a windows computer/media center in the activity to learn missing commands with the remote add on.

my problem is i already have my chromebox setup as my windows PC connected via bluetooth and i've already got the maximum 8 devices on my harmony so i can't add another device and don't want to delete what i have. thus, the adding the windows PC doesn't work cause it tries to connect via bluetooth and won't work with the IR on my original Shield.

anyone have any suggestions on adding more commands to my remote for spmc?
Unfortunately there's not much you can do.

The bluetooth connection can only be paired with one device at a time. Think of it this way, if you had a physical BT keyboard (there are a couple of exceptions here) you would only be able to use it with one device. If you wanted to pair it with another device you would have to unpair with the device you're using it with.

Your only real choice here would be to get a Flirc and use it with either the Shield or the Chromebox (recommended), then since your max out on devices, just delete the Shield as a device an just use the Windows PC.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-04-12, 07:27)Tinwarble Wrote: Unfortunately there's not much you can do.

The bluetooth connection can only be paired with one device at a time. Think of it this way, if you had a physical BT keyboard (there are a couple of exceptions here) you would only be able to use it with one device. If you wanted to pair it with another device you would have to unpair with the device you're using it with.

Your only real choice here would be to get a Flirc and use it with either the Shield or the Chromebox (recommended), then since your max out on devices, just delete the Shield as a device an just use the Windows PC.

yeah, i thought of that as i do have a flirc

another thing i thought of is what if you use another harmony IR remote already programmed with all the windows commands to teach the commands to the harmony hub based remote and add them, as i do have an old non harmony hub remote i don't use. na, that won't work i don't think. however, along the same concept i could add the few commands for my hdmi changer and add those to my tv profile to get rid of that device i think

using secondary menus that are available in skins like aeon haven't made it as big of an inconvenience as i thought it would be initially though
(2017-04-07, 00:03)Justin325 Wrote: Nvidia Shield (HDMI) - Vizio M60-D1
Using the Display speakers I either can't notice the dropouts or it isn't occurring.
I just watched 20 minutes of a movie that is DD5.1 and didn't notice anything.

I can't route my Shield through my Denon receiver. I get no video. I think the AVR1612 is too old and won't support the resolution of the Shield.

On another note I DO NOT get these micro dropouts with DD5.1 Netflix, Prime, etc. just Kodi.

Same here (audio dropouts).
In this case I'm using a Turtle Beach USB adapter to output an optical audio signal because my old receiver has not HDMI inputs.
So I think that it is not possible to have a toslink and Krypton at the same time by now.
Just got the Shield for Kodi and seeing a lot of buffering. I have a 100 MBPS internet and wired connection too. Shield performance is worse than a Nexus player (wireless) and Nexbox(ethernet) which I have too.

Are there any settings that need to be updated?

Please guide me with the best settings to be setup and the navigation for the same.

Appreciate your help.
Buffering from what? Where is the Source of the video that is buffering?
(2017-04-18, 22:25)quizzer25 Wrote: Just got the Shield for Kodi and seeing a lot of buffering. I have a 100 MBPS internet and wired connection too. Shield performance is worse than a Nexus player (wireless) and Nexbox(ethernet) which I have too.

Please guide me with the best settings to be setup and the navigation for the same.

Appreciate your help.

And just where are your videos coming from? Your internet speed has nothing to do with your local connection and if you are streaming from some doggy or Banned add-on (wiki) then that has nothing to do with Kodi nor the Shield. You put garbage in and you'll get garbage out.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-04-18, 22:25)quizzer25 Wrote: Just got the Shield for Kodi and seeing a lot of buffering. I have a 100 MBPS internet and wired connection too. Shield performance is worse than a Nexus player (wireless) and Nexbox(ethernet) which I have too.

Appreciate your help.
Please Stop duplicate Posting across Kodi Sub-Forums in inappropriate threads. It's not good forums manners.
I've already transferred another of your posts just a minute ago.

• 135(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6