• 142(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
I haven't used Kodi on the Shield in a while, but I have come back to it recently since there is now 4k HDR UHD content available. Playing 4k HDR HEVC at 23.97Hz using Kodi, I'm seeing some dropped frames. It is not many - maybe 1 every couple of minutes, but I notice when it happens. I tried SPMC 17 alpha and was seeing the same thing. However, on the latest stable Jarvis SPMC, everything looks good. Has anyone else seen this? I'll try to get a debug log later.
Is there a way to auto launch Kodi when Shield awakes from sleep? The "launch on boot" app https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...boot&hl=en only works on powerup/reboot and coming out of screensaver but not wake from sleep
Airplay success:

I have tried literally every single airplay receiver. Airpin PRO - Not light is as solid as my apple TV. Hdmi cec works, runs as a service, it all just works
(2017-08-14, 11:06)Bkam Wrote: Any one that have got "sms" keyboard input with the numbers key to work with Logitech Harmony Companion?
I want to be able to press for ex, S in movies and jump to my movies starting with S ,

every thing else work on the remote

(2017-08-15, 18:44)Powerhouse Wrote:
(2017-08-14, 11:06)Bkam Wrote: Any one that have got "sms" keyboard input with the numbers key to work with Logitech Harmony Companion?
I want to be able to press for ex, S in movies and jump to my movies starting with S ,

every thing else work on the remote

Just a little GoogleFu for ya...

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=79969
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=273433

Alternately, if you go to the right (twice) in the movie list (I'm using RightView) then you can scroll down a letter at a time. Could be my skin that has that function though (Aeon MQ7).   
 I think the solution he is looking for is to modify remote.xml (or how the default used xml file is named for Nvidia Shield) a bit so nummeric keys also function as jumpsms.
We already know the nummeric keys work so we should be able to re-assign them right?
So if i want to have the nummeric keys also function as sms keys in video library only i need to create a xml with the following content:
Code:
<Videos>
<keyboard>
<zero>Number0</zero>
<one>JumpSMS1</one>
<two>JumpSMS2</two>
<three>JumpSMS3</three>
<four>JumpSMS4</four>
<five>JumpSMS5</five>
<six>JumpSMS6</six>
<seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
<eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
<nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
</keyboard>
</Videos>

Or doesn't it work like this?

Btw which file is used by default for the Nvidia Shield, is it remote.xml ?

I do like the idea though to add a Windows PC to activity but i don't want to mess to much with the remote buttons just to have jumpsms working. I can live with the defaults just want to have sms style in Kodi for certain windows only Wink
(2017-12-03, 17:35)movd Wrote: I haven't used Kodi on the Shield in a while, but I have come back to it recently since there is now 4k HDR UHD content available. Playing 4k HDR HEVC at 23.97Hz using Kodi, I'm seeing some dropped frames. It is not many - maybe 1 every couple of minutes, but I notice when it happens. I tried SPMC 17 alpha and was seeing the same thing. However, on the latest stable Jarvis SPMC, everything looks good. Has anyone else seen this? I'll try to get a debug log later.
Yes, I am experiencing the same thing!! Is the Jarvis SPMC that you mentioned that one in the Google Play Store? Please let me know if you have found a fix for this. Thanks in advance!
Does anybody have issues with Live TV on Kodi 18 and lower resolutions?

ie 720 x 576 @ 50hz

I can't white-list these (they don't show up) and when I play the Live TV Stream, it freezes, I then click stop, and the try and select the channel again.  After 2 or 3 attempts, it'll load and stay stable.

Running the latest nightly and NextPVR Backend. 

Cheers!
EDIT!

DISREGARD, older thread...
Shield works nicely with this cool Youtube app called SmartYouTubeTV

https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartYouTubeTV
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
Hi everyone.
Can I ask for your help?

Can anyone who actually owns Shield, can confirm, that - when I decide to buy one - Shield will be able to fullfill my requirements from below post?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2791149
Quote:It goes like this:
+ I need to use Kodi 18, because I'm using Netflix addon (by asciidisco) inside Kodi to watch movies from my premium Netflix account (UHD quality)
+ Because Netflix addon cannot use HW decoding, it is using CPU to decode Netflix stream: C2 have not enough power for 1080p, but! I'm still happy with 720p stream! It's good enough for me
+ My local source is networked NAS with 1080p videos. I don't have and I don't need 4K / HDR playback.
+ Feature, that is essentially CRUCIAL for me is PlayerControl tempo up&down (this is from this topic: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2790939). This was a major drawback in C2, because in CoreElec (Kodi 18) it seems like tempo is not working
+ WiFi is a must, because in my current situation, I'm physically unable to connect Ethernet cable to the place where my TV is. So, 5GHz would be nice. Eventually, I can buy WiFi dongle for C2, but as I understand, there are only 2,4G dongles for this device...
+ I need to use RF remote with mini keyboard (like MX3 or similar) and be able to remap keys using in Kodi

So, there's a question: should I be playing more with C2 with different OS and WiFi dongle to achieve my goal (is it even possible to fulfill all my requirements from above?). I can do a workaround with wireless connectivity, but I specifically must have player tempo function. Beside that, all is good with my current C2, except I cannot force Kodi to make use of player tempo.

Or, should I sell this box and but something else? Like I don't know, Nvidia Shield maybe?
I'm looking to pick up one of these, but I want to make sure I'm making the right decision. Currently , I'm running an HTPC, but I'd love to get a smaller unit to use for Kodi. Can someone tell me if I'd be making a mistake by giving up my HTPC for a Shield TV? I'll be watching a lot of 4k and 1080p content, with True HD Audio.
Kodi on Shield has two "volume channels". Systemwide volume - Android, multimedia channel, which is primary.
And there's also "internal" volume level inside Kodi itself (controlled with + and - keys).

My problem is, I want to make default audio setting for every movie:
  • volume to -20 dB
  • volume amplification to 30 dB (that's only example numbers)
Thing is, that when I set these parameters in movie and then save them as default for every move, the moment I want to change Android/main/system volume, Kodi adjust "internal" volume to 100%.
How can I stop that to happen?
Anyone else having issues playing local (from hdd directly connected to Shield) HEVC 10bit mkv files since Kodi updated from 17.6 Krypton to 18 Leia?

The issues I'm having are related to slow video playing when opening or resuming after skipping forward / backward a few minutes on a video I'm watching, I get sound but picture is only displayed after 5 seconds or so, "Adjust display refresh rate" is disabled. Also, when "Play next video automatically" is enabled, sometimes it won't display any local subtitles until I close / open Kodi again, if I try to chose the subtitles manualy, the video will freeze and Kodi force closes to Shield homepage without any error message...

I really don't know what I'm missing here, is this a known bug or are there any optimal settings for Kodi 18 to properly work with Nvidia Shield? Because everything was working fine on Kodi 17.6.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance Smile
Apologises - just deleted the other apps as was not aware of this implication and breach, so in term of reposting my message with regard to Kodi, is there anything you can help with regard why the Kodi APP not opening as a result of upgrading to the new 8.0 on my Nvidia shield?
Which part of not posting the same message multiple times wasn't clear? I didn't need to read this message twice.

Anyway there seems to be some issues with the new shield firmware from what I've seen in other threads and posts. As Kodi isn't starting, the only way would be to manually gather the debug log (wiki), upload it to our paste site (see the red link above the posting button for URL) and supplying the link in one post here.

There's details of how to gather the log manually in the advanced section of the wiki link above.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-10, 10:07)DarrenHill Wrote: Which part of not posting the same message multiple times wasn't clear? I didn't need to read this message twice.

Anyway there seems to be some issues with the new shield firmware from what I've seen in other threads and posts. As Kodi isn't starting, the only way would be to manually gather the debug log (wiki), upload it to our paste site (see the red link above the posting button for URL) and supplying the link in one post here.

There's details of how to gather the log manually in the advanced section of the wiki link above.
thank you for your kind help - much appreciated, will check on site and elsewhere as cannot resolve currently, and as new to all this I am navigating and learning - so if I wasted your time - apologises again we all start somewhere in life to knowledge building - hope you understand
  • 142(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6