• 5(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
(2015-06-02, 10:47)Koying Wrote: Ah, it's in the context of Harmony, right?
I have the bluetooth-enabled hub model, so I just use a generic bluetooth keyboard profile, personally...

A debug log should tell what Kodi receives vs. what Harmony sends.

Right, mines set up as the Shield remote (actually in Harmony it's called Nvidia STB) and if say I add the "X" command to the info button, then it doesn't register as "X" button as it does on the controller, neither in Kodi or in Android.

It appears that those extra commands the Logitech added are incorrect.

But I'm probably going to do the same thing and add it as a generic BT remote/keyboard to get any thing other than the basic commands to work.

(2015-06-02, 12:11)RockerC Wrote: So perhaps it is now really possible to for the Kodi team to inform about these use cases and target market to Nvidia for implementing perfect video and audio playback on Android TV?

From my understanding, it's already possible on Android TV. And as well, Nvidia has already stated in their forum that they are looking into implementing 23.976 playback and HD audio.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2015-06-02, 17:37)Tinwarble Wrote:
I have the bluetooth-enabled hub model, so I just use a generic bluetooth keyboard profile, personally...

Right, mines set up as the Shield remote (actually in Harmony it's called Nvidia STB) and if say I add the "X" command to the info button, then it doesn't register as "X" button as it does on the controller, neither in Kodi or in Android.

It appears that those extra commands the Logitech added are incorrect.

But I'm probably going to do the same thing and add it as a generic BT remote/keyboard to get any thing other than the basic commands to work.

(2015-06-02, 12:11)RockerC Wrote: So perhaps it is now really possible to for the Kodi team to inform about these use cases and target market to Nvidia for implementing perfect video and audio playback on Android TV?

From my understanding, it's already possible on Android TV. And as well, Nvidia has already stated in their forum that they are looking into implementing 23.976 playback and HD audio.

Same here. Added nvidia shield to harmony remote. Its IR version. And also tried to use info button with "x" and didn't work. But everything else seems fine.

I removed 'Nvidia STB' and added the Harmony Hub as Bluetooth Keyboard (Windows computer device) and paired it to the Shield as a BT accessory.

Now, I'm not sure how to map the numbers 0-9, 'Info' & 'Menu' buttons to the remote.

The default mappings for Menu (RightClick) & Info (Info) do not work as intended.

The commands available are:

Code:
1st pinned to taskbar
2nd pinned to taskbar
3rd pinned to taskbar
Aspect
AudioLanguage
Back
Blue
Break
ChannelDown
ChannelUp
Charms
CloseProgram
Ctrl+Alt+1
Ctrl+Alt+2
Ctrl+Alt+3
Delete
DirectionDown
DirectionLeft
DirectionRight
DirectionUp
Enter
Escape
F1, F10, F11, F12, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9
FastForward
FullScreen
Green
Guide
Info
LiveTV
LockPC
MaximizeWindow
MediaCenter
MinimizeWindow
Movies
Music
Mute
OK
PageDown
PageUp
Pause
Play
PlaySlideShow
Radio
Record
RecordedTV
Red
Rewind
RightClick
Search
SkipBack
SkipForward
Stop
StopSlideShow
Subtitles
Video
VolumeDown
VolumeUp
WakeUp
Windows
Yellow
ZoomIn
ZoomOut
iMac, Pioneer Elite PRO 141FD, Denon 4311CI, Synology DS509+, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Logitech Harmony Home Control, nVIDIA Shield Android TV
I use the Multilanguage Keymap Redefiner app on the Nexus Player to remap some buttons on my Harmony 650 (ChinaVision CVSB-983 Profile).
So I have the Guide button mapped to C for Contextual, a Sub On Off Toggle, Info for info etc..
No doubt this can be used to fix some of the shortcoming of the current Shield profile.
Guys. I need help.

I have an old (very old) mac mini, thats starting to act up. The hard drive is also slow.

Now, i actually think this Shield TV will work better because of flash storage etc. Also, that i have access to netflix apps and some games. I also have a beefy computer, so i can stream games from that to the big screen.

I have two questions that i hoped you can helped me with.

1. Does the separate remote from nvidia or the nvidia game controller work with xbmc out of the box? Or do i need to use xbmc app on ios/android.
2. I live in Norway, can i order this on eBay without issues, and maybe just buy a separate power plug?
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
1. it should just work out of the box.

2. a cheap travel adapter will work. Like most boxes, the power transformer is rated for a very large range of voltages.
(2015-06-03, 13:03)Ned Scott Wrote: 1. it should just work out of the box.

2. a cheap travel adapter will work. Like most boxes, the power transformer is rated for a very large range of voltages.

Thank you Ned

Appreciate it Smile
(2015-06-03, 15:02)henrikyo Wrote:
(2015-06-03, 13:03)Ned Scott Wrote: 1. it should just work out of the box.

Thank you Ned

Appreciate it Smile
Just get US->EU plug. It's 19VDC adapter iirc
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-06-03, 12:15)henrikyo Wrote: 2. I live in Norway, can i order this on eBay without issues, and maybe just buy a separate power plug?

The Shield tv has a similar power plug as the Shield Tablet (it is swappable, see video below). So you can most likely get the correct plug adapter:

https://youtu.be/GXaniFSTRLI?t=155
Thanks guys, i have to some more research before i order, so i find the right plug.

Haven't seen anyone like the one in the shield tv/tablet before.

Thank you for all the help though, i wish they would release it in europe soon

edit; never mind see know that its slated for a holiday release in europe. thats a long wait :p

edit (again); will this work? http://www.amazon.de/Pure²-Reisestecker-...06M24PFAA6
I just ordered from amazon, dunno why i didn't think of that compared to eBay.

It says it will be here by friday 5th of june what the hell, that doesn't seem right Tongue

Cant wait

Also i ordered this
http://www.clasohlson.com/medias/sys_mas...652254.jpg

Which should work, since its rated to work on 110-240V

Thanks for all the help guys Smile
Does anyone know how to remap the home button on the Nvidia Sheild Android TV remote? It's the one that takes you to the Android TV home screen. I would like to have that do something else within Kodi.
Unpacking my shield now, i dont get how ups can use 30-40 hours to deliever a package from USA to Norway, but props to them, can't wait to try out kodi Smile
Just got my shield working with harmony one. One question, everything works, but i can't access context menu, on the gamepad, thats X, i tried selecting X but that doesn't work, anyone have any tips?

tried menu/info with x, 3, 8 but nothing works it seems

i love my shield btw, best purchase this year by far
If it's the same "x" as used on the Harmony Hub then it won't work. Logitech has the wrong commands and it needs to be fixed on their end.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6