• 63(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
(2015-12-16, 23:21)JakeF Wrote: Passthrough audio is not working at all with my new Denon AVR-X2200W. I only get white noise. Unlike the wiki which says it is only HD audio that isn't working. I get white noise nomatter what format, i.e. DD, DD+, TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD etc. Letting Kodi do the decoding by setting channels to 7,1 seems to work though. Receiver shows PCM input I guess, "Multi Ch in".

I'm using Kodi 15.2 from the Google Play store.

Is the volume all the way up on the shieldTV? Read back a few posts as the white noise thing is known if you dont have the volume all the way up on the shield. You just need to set the volume to MAX and it should be working.

FYI: DTS-HD or TrueHD passthrough are not working, and wont be till a later version of Kodi

Cheers!
Any ideas how far out until they release a 2.0 version of the shield tv?
Something wrong with the current hardware?
(2015-12-16, 23:43)wyild1 Wrote:
(2015-12-16, 23:21)JakeF Wrote: Passthrough audio is not working at all with my new Denon AVR-X2200W. I only get white noise. Unlike the wiki which says it is only HD audio that isn't working. I get white noise nomatter what format, i.e. DD, DD+, TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD etc. Letting Kodi do the decoding by setting channels to 7,1 seems to work though. Receiver shows PCM input I guess, "Multi Ch in".

I'm using Kodi 15.2 from the Google Play store.

Is the volume all the way up on the shieldTV? Read back a few posts as the white noise thing is known if you dont have the volume all the way up on the shield. You just need to set the volume to MAX and it should be working.

No, its just a common problem.
I have replaced a Denon AVR-X1100W with an AVR-X3200W (and nothing changed with the other setup) and have now also the white noise. It must something to do with the HDCP2.2. the old receicer does not have HDCP2.2, the new one have.
I'm using the AVR X3100W without HDCP and also have the white noise if I passthrough DTS and the shields volume is not set to max.
Put the shields volume to max and the problem should be solved. You can also use the Multi Ch in, that is what I do, and I cant see a difference between the AVR decorder and the KODI internal one.
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
(2015-12-17, 09:20)datranquil Wrote: I'm using the AVR X3100W without HDCP and also have the white noise if I passthrough DTS and the shields volume is not set to max.
Put the shields volume to max and the problem should be solved. You can also use the Multi Ch in, that is what I do, and I cant see a difference between the AVR decorder and the KODI internal one.

Exactly this doesn't work!
On AVRs without HDCP2.2 you can do the Volume-max trick and get the DTS or DD sound and on receivers like the AVR-X2200 or 3200 the trick doesn't work anymore - you will get on every constellation the white noise. Fortunatly we can use LPCM.
Oh I see. I misunderstood your last post. I thing, best solution atm, is using the LPCM until Kodi 17 fixes the problem.
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
I agree! I tried using Archos or MX Player, but while Archos has a nice interface, their players are full of bugs. I got lots of crashes, playback issues like no chapter support, or defect FF function etc. Kodi is still king in my world! Big Grin

Off topic, but regarding the 2015 line of Denon's, I'm I the only one who feels a bit cheated when they advertise "4K overlay" and the UI is still rendered in 576i and scaled up to 4K. Makes it look really dated IMO. And Denon is supposed to be a high quality brand, but the "lesser brands" like Sony offer nice looking menus in 4K.
(2015-11-22, 18:30)war59312 Wrote: How to open On-Screen Video Diagnostic (Codecinfo: http://kodi.wiki/view/Codecinfo) ? Tried to assign key with (Add-on:Keymap Editor: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor), no luck, seems to not work at all.

Finally got it to display. This workaround replaces the bookmarks icon that I never use anyways.

In VideoOSD.xml, edit Line 394:

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoBookmarks)</onclick>

to

Code:
<onclick>codecinfo</onclick>

Quote:VideoOSD.xml is located @ /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.ccm.helix/720p/

Change skin path to skin you are using. Personally I'm using CCM @ http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212898
[Kodi 16 Jarvis] Android Audio pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!! - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252852
Posted this in the 'Hardware' section, but posting my results here as well...

While mostly awesome, I found a couple of minor issues I think:

I have a 7.1 system...
- TrueHD 7.1 and DTS-HD MA 7.1 are perfect!
- ATMOS and DTS:X down-map to 7.1 just fine (I don't have an ATMOS or X capable set-up yet)
- DTS-HD MA 5.1 and TrueHD 5.1 play rear surrounds via sides instead (not correct I think)
- Standard Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 also play rear surrounds via sides instead (not correct I think)

Haven't tried any Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD HR or LPCM 5.1/7.1 tracks yet.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Mmm... By definition, channel mappings is done by your avr in passthrough.
Sure there is no issue there?

But please, keep passthrough discussion in the dedicated thread.
In a 7.1 system, should the rears of a 5.1 track play via rears regardless? As opposed to sides? I'm seeing this issue w/WeTek Core as well, but w/Core and DTS-MA 5.1, the rears do play via rears in my 7.1 set-up (not sides). DD5.1 though plays via sides. Noted in my review of Core here.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
5.1 is sides, not rear. It is up to your receiver to do any matrixing to back channels.
But it is obviously the PCM output from kodi not mapping 5.1 to his 7.1 correctly... I'm afraid you will have to change your setup to 5.1 for 5.2 audio tracks in kodi till bitstream is sorted.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6