• 141(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
hola me podeis ayudar que me recomendais

lo quiero como centro multimedia kodi

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello you can help me to recommend me

I want it as a media center kodi

Nvidia Shield TV 2017

o

ZIDOO X9S

thanks
Shield
Great thread!

So I too just became a happy owner of a Shield 2017 model.

Added Kodi quite easily, as I enjoy using it as my media server. I do have one small complaint though and have separate posts elsewhere here on the forums, but hope there's more visibility here.

When I have played my music in the past, I just loved using the Milkdrop 2 visualization. It's not an option on my 17.3 Kodi Sad.

I do understand that visualizations are platform specific, but man, the Shield is a pretty powerful device and I find it hard to believe it can't handle the algorithms .

Has anyone got it to work? (If so, HOW??)

Or, is there anything close that works on the Sheild?

TIA!
(2017-08-13, 19:09)CTDan Wrote: Great thread!

Added Kodi quite easily, as I enjoy using it as my media server. I do have one small complaint though and have separate posts elsewhere here on the forums, but hope there's more visibility here.

When I have played my music in the past, I just loved using the Milkdrop 2 visualization. It's not an option on my 17.3 Kodi Sad.

I do understand that visualizations are platform specific, but man, the Shield is a pretty powerful device and I find it hard to believe it can't handle the algorithms .

TIA!

With Kodi 17.3 on Android the Kodi team threw music visualisation out with the bath water
(2017-08-13, 19:27)Jeffers24 Wrote:

TIA!

With Kodi 17.3 on Android the Kodi team threw music visualisation out with the bath water

Thanks Jeffers,

Well although not entirely true (we wouldn't have any), it certainly is no longer a priority.

I use to love getting lost in the animations on my PC and now I could have company enjoy them as well, only on the big screen!

And, if/when I'm asked how I do it, I would like to say Kodi, but I guess that might not happen Sad !

Maybe Plex server?

Anyway, thanks for answering me!
(2017-08-13, 22:04)CTDan Wrote:
(2017-08-13, 19:27)Jeffers24 Wrote:

TIA!

Thanks Jeffers,

Well although not entirely true (we wouldn't have any), it certainly is no longer a priority.

I use to love getting lost in the animations on my PC and now I could have company enjoy them as well, only on the big screen!

And, if/when I'm asked how I do it, I would like to say Kodi, but I guess that might not happen Sad !

Maybe Plex server?

Anyway, thanks for answering me!

Still available on PC, look good on my laptop
Any one that have got "sms" keyboard input with the numbers key to work with Logitech Harmony Companion?
I want to be able to press for ex, S in movies and jump to my movies starting with S ,

every thing else work on the remote
(2017-08-11, 05:19)KeithLM Wrote: The message I get is "You have to use the Harmony App to pair this device." And like I said, the bluetooth connectivity is working just fine for the nvidia shield commands, but for the windows pc keyboard it shows that message every time.

Update: I've made a new activity with all the devices in there. That didn't change anything. I have removed the harmony device from the shield and re-paired multiple times, and that hasn't changed anything. I have compared all my settings to a second Harmony setup I have in my family room, which oddly enough seems to work fine. The difference there being that the family room system uses a Smart remote instead of the Ultimate. Not that it really should make any difference in this case.

Also, the soft keyboard in the app does work to send keystrokes to kodi. Now if only Harmony would let me assign those keystrokes to a button on the remote I'd be all set. But as it is I can only use Windows PC, and that just doesn't work.

About the only thing left that I can think of is to remove the Shield and PC devices from the harmony altogether, as well as the activities, and start from scratch.

Update 2: And apparently this is all Logitech's fault and it's broken other people's systems. I found this thread and it seems to be identical to my issue. Unfortunately following the steps there hasn't helped me out one bit. No matter how many times I remove the device, activity, paring, etc., I get the exact same results.

I gave the solution on the Logitech thread you linked to
I dont think that thread is for me, because everyting work exept what i wrote.

I have a activity that have a nvidia game consol and a Microsoft media player , i can change the keys in
kodi with keymap editor but that dosent help , or perhaps i am chaning in the wrong place
I was quoting KeithLM so no it is not for you
(2017-08-14, 11:06)Bkam Wrote: Any one that have got "sms" keyboard input with the numbers key to work with Logitech Harmony Companion?
I want to be able to press for ex, S in movies and jump to my movies starting with S ,

Just a little GoogleFu for ya...

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=79969
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=273433

Alternately, if you go to the right (twice) in the movie list (I'm using RightView) then you can scroll down a letter at a time. Could be my skin that has that function though (Aeon MQ7).
Powerhouse , Yea , i now about that thanks anyway Smile but when i run kodi from my pc i could just press a key on the remote and jump to
the pressed letter section . But i cant get that to work on my shiled

(2017-08-15, 18:44)Powerhouse Wrote:
(2017-08-14, 11:06)Bkam Wrote: Any one that have got "sms" keyboard input with the numbers key to work with Logitech Harmony Companion?

Just a little GoogleFu for ya...

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=79969
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=273433

Alternately, if you go to the right (twice) in the movie list (I'm using RightView) then you can scroll down a letter at a time. Could be my skin that has that function though (Aeon MQ7).
Needing to replace a failing HTPC, will the Shield be able to support multiple attached hard drives of content and retain the drive mapping/mounts? (I actually have a few hdd enclosures with multiple drives inside.)
I had a few Android devices in the past and each time the devices were rebooted, the drive mapping or mounts would change thus rendering my Kodi library toast.
Would love to move away from a Windows box and hear nothing but good things about the Shield (also more cost effective than a windows htpc)
(2017-12-02, 17:43)Temujin Wrote: Needing to replace a failing HTPC, will the Shield be able to support multiple attached hard drives of content and retain the drive mapping/mounts? (I actually have a few hdd enclosures with multiple drives inside.)
I had a few Android devices in the past and each time the devices were rebooted, the drive mapping or mounts would change thus rendering my Kodi library toast.
Would love to move away from a Windows box and hear nothing but good things about the Shield (also more cost effective than a windows htpc)
 I can't speak to external drives, but it works well with network drives.  Would that be something you could do?  If you just give Kodi the network path it will find them.  If you don't have a PC or NAS that is on 24/7 you could possibly attach them to your router.  That would also allow you to have multiple Shields or other devices running Kodi all sharing the same library.
Ah interesting alternative...I could grab a switch and connect the enclosures in my office where the router is and then try to ensure the Shield can see them via the network , yes?
Ok, more reading for me as I am not familiar with the Android network share or samba etc
Thanks
  • 141(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6