Kodi takes 5 minutes to start on window 7
I just installed Kodi on my window 7 computer. I double click on short cut and it doesn't seem to start and about 5 minutes later it does. I have updated all drivers still the same. Can someone point me in the right direction so it starts like any other program I have installed.

Thank you.
On first start Kodi creates a fairly extensive userdata and library function in the roaming directory, some of your slow start might be attributed here, next culprit would be an old installation and dealing with an older library etc. Tell us a little more about your set-up a proper debug log would definitely be a consideration debug log (wiki) subsequent starts are as long? If you have a quick peek at the debug log with a text editor, it time stamps every move Kodi makes, so you should be able to see your issue and what is taking that horrendous amount of load time.
http://xbmclogs.com/p0w9nihsd

Here is my debug log. I don't understand a lot of it so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Are you using any virtual CD/DVD software like Daemon Tools?
no. I just reformatted my computer so not much on it.
I got it. My dvd drive was bad so i went to device manger and uninstalled it and now it starts up normal. Thank you for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi takes 5 minutes to start on window 70