M3U playlists and PSTVL don't appear to work.
Hi Luna (and everyone else reading this Smile )

I tried creating a channel based on a playlist, but when I select a .m3u playlist the channel is never created. PSTVL simply ignores it. I was wondering is there a way to make this work? I would really like to have a channel that plays a shows episodes as well as the movies related to it, but smart playlists can't do this.

Thanks in advance,
Angel
Hello,

Don't think that PSTVL will accept an .m3u playlist. You need to figure out a way to use playlists to do this. Perhaps create a channel of the TV show and another channel that will just play the movie channel. Hide this movie channel then weave the movies into the TV show channel.

Mark
Are you talking about the donor feature that imports from playlist? M3U/XML/PLX?

If that's the case, does the list display correctly using the in-app manager? Do you have override stream check disabled or enabled? can you PM with the list so I can check it out? not all lists are formatted correctly...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-05-29, 16:57)Lunatixz Wrote: Are you talking about the donor feature that imports from playlist? M3U/XML/PLX?

If that's the case, does the list display correctly using the in-app manager? Do you have override stream check disabled or enabled? can you PM with the list so I can check it out? not all lists are formatted correctly...

Hi Luna,

I use the PSTVL manager for windows, and I select the playlist option and then select the playlist I want to use. The ones I have set up using xsp work fine but I can't get any of the .m3u ones to work. I create the .m3u ones using kodi. I add what I want to the queue and then save the playlist.

Here's the playlist I'm trying to use.

http://pastebin.com/CpVpumij

Thanks so much,
Angel
You can't build from from kodi m3u. the feature for m3u is titled IPTV m3u and is for import from IPTV lists not your own. I believe you are confusing the two... since they both have the extension m3u.
(2015-05-29, 17:36)Lunatixz Wrote: You can't build from from kodi m3u. the feature for m3u is titled IPTV m3u and is for import from IPTV lists not your own. I believe you are confusing the two... since they both have the extension m3u.

I think you're right, I am confused, so which channel type should I be looking at working with in order to create a channel that works with a regular playlist. I see you mention IPTV but I'm not sure which channel type I would use.
(2015-05-29, 18:35)MrsAngelD Wrote:
(2015-05-29, 17:36)Lunatixz Wrote: You can't build from from kodi m3u. the feature for m3u is titled IPTV m3u and is for import from IPTV lists not your own. I believe you are confusing the two... since they both have the extension m3u.

I think you're right, I am confused, so which channel type should I be looking at working with in order to create a channel that works with a regular playlist. I see you mention IPTV but I'm not sure which channel type I would use.

None, PseudoTV only uses m3u's as an internal channel cache... you can not create channels from them (only IPTV m3u's). The standard way to setup channels from local content is with a Kodi Smartplaylist...
Alight then thank you Luna Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
M3U playlists and PSTVL don't appear to work.0