Unable to PM
Hello, I am unable to reply to PM's.
Quickly checking the Rules I didn't see if I need so-many posts first ?? Can a MOD fix for me. thx
could you please try again? We denied the usage of PMs for new users (< 10 posts and new accounts) because of a recent PM spam flood with fake accounts
That explains the reason. Same here. I was able to PM last week and cannot today.

FYI - Some of us "new accounts / < 10 Posts" actually donate to developers and PM ability is a necessity.
Let me know if I need to spam the forum with 7 more posts to gain PM feature back.

Thanks
(2015-05-31, 19:06)bfarley68 Wrote: That explains the reason. Same here. I was able to PM last week and cannot today.

FYI - Some of us "new accounts / < 10 Posts" actually donate to developers and PM ability is a necessity.
Let me know if I need to spam the forum with 7 more posts to gain PM feature back.

Thanks

So you can trade links that you are not allowed to talk about in public? Maybe I'm wrong, but WTF are you needing to PM people instead of using the forums. We're not running a private message service here.
(2015-05-31, 22:34)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-05-31, 19:06)bfarley68 Wrote: That explains the reason. Same here. I was able to PM last week and cannot today.

Thanks

So you can trade links that you are not allowed to talk about in public? Maybe I'm wrong, but WTF are you needing to PM people instead of using the forums. We're not running a private message service here.

Well let's see, Lunatixz requires for example to private message him once you have "Donated" money to his project cause so he can provide his donors a special gift for his PseudoTV Live add-on.

It would be inconsiderate and none of anyone's business to post private conversations such as this in a public forum for both parties. Would you agree?

Furthermore, it would be a good service to this community if you write and then edit your response before hitting the "Post Reply" button. Your response is unprofessional and doesn't jive with the Forum Rules you probably helped write.

Thanks for asking.
Actually, I would say that is a horrible system. Lunatixz should handle that completely through his own stuff and/or paypal (or however he accepts donations). It actually takes far more steps to require someone to step up a kodi.tv forum account and message through that to get a "donor" feature than it does to e-mail someone, since the e-mail address is included in the donation service. It's also not a "donation" if you are only doing it to get a feature, but whatever.

As for my professional-ness, well, you can kindly kiss my white ass. Cheers!
What the developers do I don't have any control over. If you have an issue with that, than I suggest you talk to the developer.

Actually there were extra steps taken to remove my PM access since I had that access last Saturday when I sent my 1 and only PM. Perhaps you did not read my initial post above?

If you can't simply grant me PM access, and wish to continue violating your own conduct rules (which I have pasted below for your reference), then you all can kiss any future funding from me goodbye! Pretty simple.

2.1 General conduct
Be civil.
Polite language is required.
I'm not going to grand individual priviledges as this will become a bitch to maintain. Please respect our decision to only allow PMs for "active" users to prevent our users receiving spam PMs by fake accounts. I know this sucks in your particular case, but as Ned said, you're having an issue with a situation that should not be handled via our forum anyways. Also I belive the "special feature" you get from donation is related piracy, so I care even less.
(2015-06-01, 05:12)bfarley68 Wrote: If you can't simply grant me PM access, and wish to continue violating your own conduct rules (which I have pasted below for your reference), then you all can kiss any future funding from me goodbye! Pretty simple.
Are you saying that making such demands and ultimatums for a non-profit project offering free software is being civil?

Since you have now been informed of the < 10 Posts limit why not just post two more posts to make up that limit?
RokerC - Bingo with the "FREE" software and "NON-PROFIT". Yes, two or three bad apples can spoil a bunch. I will be with the ~98% user base that doesn't donate and as you pointed out the two keywords above, than there should be no hard feelings.

da-anda - please don't assume what you think to believe as I could sit here all day by doing the same with over 50% of the add-ons made for Kodi and you would lose the debate terribly. "Exclusive Ease of use features", "Bumpers and Commercials", "Customizable Cinema Experience", and legally hosted videos doesn't promote related piracy. It is a shame to promote "spamming" in order to become an active user versus looking at one's time spent here online, browsing for answers, versus posting the same questions over and over, and folks answering the same questions over and over. At the end of the day, there are no hard feelings from my side, and I will slither back into being anonymous as I was for the past several years when the forum was at xbmchub.org. It is rather your loss and you don't even see it yet.. a pity really.

Thanks
this forum was never at xbmchub.org Tongue Smile

As for the PM locking - well, we can only use the features the forum has to offer until we find the time to write our own plugins. So for now the only quick way was to remove PM access for new users and only allow it for a usergroup to which users are assigned to automatically once they match certain criteria. Ideal solution? Probably not. Better than users getting spam? I think so.
(2015-05-31, 23:03)bfarley68 Wrote:
(2015-05-31, 22:34)Ned Scott Wrote:

Thanks

Well let's see, Lunatixz requires for example to private message him once you have "Donated" money to his project cause so he can provide his donors a special gift for his PseudoTV Live add-on.

It would be inconsiderate and none of anyone's business to post private conversations such as this in a public forum for both parties. Would you agree?

Furthermore, it would be a good service to this community if you write and then edit your response before hitting the "Post Reply" button. Your response is unprofessional and doesn't jive with the Forum Rules you probably helped write.

Thanks for asking.

It's assumed that any PseudoTV Live supporters/donors are "active" Kodi forum users, as I don't advertise, nor promote my software outside of this forum...
Using the PM system keeps things in house and frankly, If you're new to Kodi and it's forums... take the time to participate, then contact me... 10 post minimum isn't hard, and you may benefit from taking the time to gather information.

Don't know why my name was brought up at all in this conversation... so nobody should point fingers concerning "professionalism"
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Da-anda understood.

Lunatixz - I am not new to Kodi formerly XBMC, far from a newbie. A newbie to this forum, yes. Your name was brought up because I made a donation to you over a week ago and PM'd you as requested on your forumn. However I went in yesterday to follow up that PM since I forget to include a piece of information you required and found myself unable to PM. So that is how your name was brought up and you're welcome.

Thanks
Sorry for my own assumptions about piracy. It's an easy assumption to make, as PMs for such links and support are a problem on the kodi forums, which is hard to combat (PMs really are private and we can't read the contents of them). I still think the Pseudo TV example is a bad one, as the whole process could be done via paypal, but I understand that it was a situation that wasn't problematic from our standpoint. As long as things like the PM spambots are an issue, preventing that will have to take priority.

I'm also sorry for responding the way I did. While I don't think my initial response was actually "uncivil" (maybe very casual, not not uncivil), asking people to kiss my white ass was clearly crossing a line.
No worries Ned, and thanks for the further explanation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to PM0