Unable to PM
(2015-06-02, 04:18)Ned Scott Wrote: Sorry for my own assumptions about piracy. It's an easy assumption to make, as PMs for such links and support are a problem on the kodi forums, which is hard to combat (PMs really are private and we can't read the contents of them). I still think the Pseudo TV example is a bad one, as the whole process could be done via paypal, but I understand that it was a situation that wasn't problematic from our standpoint. As long as things like the PM spambots are an issue, preventing that will have to take priority.

I'm also sorry for responding the way I did. While I don't think my initial response was actually "uncivil" (maybe very casual, not not uncivil), asking people to kiss my white ass was clearly crossing a line.

Nothing wrong with asking people to kiss your white donkey. I love donkeys.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Am having the same problem - unable to PM Luna... frustrating...
(2015-06-04, 05:05)slapthecat Wrote: Am having the same problem - unable to PM Luna... frustrating...

Sorry, but that's not our problem. PM spam was our problem. Doing something to prevent PM spam takes precedence. PseudoTV Live users will need to figure something else out with Lunatixz. That's just the way it is.
So we have a few users who have almost no posts and want to PM who can't as opposed to the thousands of users who were receiving massive amounts of spam.

I think the choice was right.
Additionally we rather do not want people to arrange stuff through PM on these forums, and rather see stuff happen out in the open.

For instance: In case we find out illegal activities are taking place through PM, it is very likely PM will be disabled all together as we can not and will not allow that.
What is the current policy for when an account gets the PM ability? I see that it is 10+ posts but there also seems to be a time limit as well now. Is it a number of hours? Days? Weeks? If this policy was spelled out in the forum somewhere it would probably cut down at least a bit the number of posts regarding the issue.
I would have to look it up, but I think being registered for two weeks. This limitation is not only for PMs - I simply used one of the existing rules we had and also moved the PM permissions to this permission group
(2015-05-31, 23:03)bfarley68 Wrote: Well let's see, Lunatixz requires for example to private message him once you have "Donated" money to his project cause so he can provide his donors a special gift for his PseudoTV Live add-on.

Actually that is borderline soliciting / selling software on our forums.
We allow a single donation link, and no selling of services or goods.
Im having this problem
spam posts alone won't help as there is also a time restriction (time registered)
(2015-06-24, 13:57)Blythie Wrote: Im having this problem

i'm this close to banning you as a spammer.
making 10 useless posts within 10 minutes just to bump your postcount is not appreciated.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-06-11, 15:06)Kib Wrote:
(2015-05-31, 23:03)bfarley68 Wrote: Well let's see, Lunatixz requires for example to private message him once you have "Donated" money to his project cause so he can provide his donors a special gift for his PseudoTV Live add-on.

Actually that is borderline soliciting / selling software on our forums.
We allow a single donation link, and no selling of services or goods.

Why is my name being brought up... If someone has an issue, they should discuss it directly with me.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Looking at my account, I doubt it's a time issue (4 years old) or is there also a minimum requirement to wait after your 10th post? Agreed that clarification of the rules on the Wiki would help a lot, I read through it but didn't seen anything relevant.

Thanks for all the hard work keeping the forums clean though guys.

ETA: Seems there's a slight lag (10-15m) between making a tenth post and getting the PM ability, or that you actually need 11 posts. I can definitely understand the frustration on the mods' end with this situation, but I think clarifying the rules on the Wiki would solve most of these problems.
the new permissions won't take effect right after your tenth post, the promotion script that upgrades your account with new permissions also needs to run, and this is handled via cronjob. So fake posts to quickly reach 10 posts won't help at all, you still need to be registered for two weeks I think and after that the promotion script needs to run. Should max take 1 day after all conditions are met.
I'm honestly surprised that MyBB doesn't have some better way of handling this kind of situation.
Well I just took it as an opportunity to offer some basic support, hope that doesn't count as spamming Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to PM0