Audio output source not always there
Hello,

Since after upgrading to Kodi from XBMC i've notice that Kodi does not always select my amp as the audio output source.

my current setup is that Kodi is running on my iMac, from there it is connect to my amp and then to the tv all by HDMI.

when the tv is off Kodi is still open/running on my mac and it shows on my desktop. when i turn on the tv the tv acts as a second monitor and Kodi shows up there.

my issue is if i leave the tv off for an extended period of time and then turn it on, the audio out is not selected as the amp and the audio plays through my iMac (which is in a completely different room)
i have to either go into the audio output settings and select my amp ( if it shows up as an selectable option and select my amp as the output source) if the amp does not show up as a selectable option i have to restart Kodi and then my amp will show up as an selectable option which isn't always convenient

i have searched over all the options in Kodi that i can find with no resolution. is there an option i'm over looking? or is this a "bug" ??

Thanks again
Jeff
Sounds like the EDID information of your AMP vanishes from the HDMI chain. Kodi aside - do you have the same problem with the mac itself? I mean normally you should be able to select the "default" output device in Kodi and let macosx manage the default devices.

I would need a debug log (wiki) for when you turn on / off the TV and see the problem. I suspect you have Kodi running all the time while switching amp/tv on off - am i right with that assumption?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I can reproduce Mista Mota problem.

Before:
Mac Mini 2009 with XBMC + DENON AMP + TV + Logitech remote -> Works flawlessly

After:
Upgraded to YOSEMITE + KODI + Same setup

The Amp is not selected on startup! Fix was to start the AMP again (I use Logitech remote by activity!) and now the KODI sees my Amp! Subsequent SUSPEND and start works fine!

I get the same behavior on my Logitech remote. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not!!! Never had this kind of problem in my BEFORE setup!

Something has definitely changed in KODI Vs XBMC!
Why Kodi? Why not Yosemite?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Quote:Why Kodi? Why not Yosemite?

Agreed either Kodi or Yosemite or Both :-)
post a debug log (wiki)
Yes Memphiz i have Kodi constantly running on my iMac, so either way i have to either power cycle the amp, or restart KodiHuh

I didn't have the issue when i had both Yosemite and XBMC, like vskatusa said something has changed in Kodi from the previous XBMC audio configurations.

I will post my debug log later this evening when i get home from work
Then do so please. Do a clean log and try to capture the moment where you switch on the TV and your amp is not selected anymore. That moment has to be visible to me in the log file or i can't do anything with the information in it.
http://goo.gl/fRD6lS

here is the debug link..
please let me know if i log comes through with this link.
What i see.

1. You use kodi 14.2 32bit (you should maybe switch to the 64bit version because we dropped support for the 32bit version)
2. You have select the output device to "Default"
3. OSX tells Kodi that the "Default" device is "internal speakers".
4. There is nothing visible where you switched off or on any HDMI hardware in that log

Well if you want that the HT-RC430 is used - then select HT-RC430 in the audio output device setting.

Also please try latest nightly and see if the Kodi 15 (to be released soon) branch behaves any different.

All in all the Log file looks like you didn't reproduce what you wanted to reproduce.
Thx for the help.

I will try what you have listed above and see what happens..

and yes i wasn't able to completely reproduce the issue.. while it did list the amp (HT-RC430) it did not select it as the audio output source

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio output source not always there0