• 2(current)
Release Netflix style next up notification
(2015-06-01, 15:34)sualfred Wrote:
(2015-06-01, 14:32)kaiseruk Wrote: Is it possible to have an option to play the next episode that follows (i.e. if i watched s04e02, it would say s04e03 was up next even if s02e03 was unwatched for some reason).

I have a large library and thus a large lot of unwatched episodes whether it being me not watching them or library being rescanned. If its not possible then grand just thought i'd enquire Smile

+1

I often watch tvshows twice or more times so they already have been flagged as watched. Some shows are like pizza and.. I can eat pizza every day? Smile

I see the point, but for the average user that sort of behaviour would drive them nuts...so yes if it can be added as an option using the code from Lazy TV I'm happy to look into it..but the default behaviour will be as it is now Big Grin
Thx, adding this as an option is great.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Please use the following name for the skin files: script-nextup-notification-NextUpInfo.xml. That way it prevents conflicts with other addons.
(2015-06-01, 15:51)BigNoid Wrote: Please use the following name for the skin files: script-nextup-notification-NextUpInfo.xml. That way it prevents conflicts with other addons.

Thanks will do.

EDIT - done, skinners please use the above format instead
Looks great, I also have something very similar in my plugin...

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind adding a check to your code that would disable your overlay when a user is running my plugin?
Code:
if xbmcgui.Window(10000).getProperty("PseudoTVRunning") != "True":

Thanks
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-06-01, 20:10)Lunatixz Wrote: Looks great, I also have something very similar in my plugin...

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind adding a check to your code that would disable your overlay when a user is running my plugin?
Code:
if xbmcgui.Window(10000).getProperty("PseudoTVRunning") != "True":

Thanks

Sure no problem, would you be able to submit a pull request with the change as I can't verify it without having your plugin installed. Maybe just a visibility tag at the top or something along those lines.
Any chance for an netflix style "are you still there?" Option after 3 or 4 episodes without a user interaction?
Thanks again for this great add-on. Even my wife said something like "Finally!". Smile

For Rapier it will probably be something like this:

(2015-06-01, 21:15)Razze Wrote: Any chance for an netflix style "are you still there?" Option after 3 or 4 episodes without a user interaction?

This is a very good idea. When people fall asleep with the episode running (and I do that) they end up having watched all episodes.
(2015-06-01, 21:15)Razze Wrote: Any chance for an netflix style "are you still there?" Option after 3 or 4 episodes without a user interaction?

That's a good idea, I'll have a think about that one.
Version 1.0.1 is out with the "still watching" option included, I edited the first post with a few details. You can configure the number of episodes watched without intervention (i.e. not pressing watch now) before the still watching window is shown in the addon settings.

Testing is needed so please have a try and post back any findings (good or bad!)

Can you please make a list of the control IDs, since they are different in the "still there" window?
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2015-06-03, 14:03)sualfred Wrote: Can you please make a list of the control IDs, since they are different in the "still there" window?

Yes I will look to update the readme once the addon is in the official repo.

A bug was found by users on the Emby forum, if it was the last episode it would always prompt to play it again..so groundhog day!

This is fixed in 1.0.2 along with adding the optional landscape image (control ID = "3010") for next up info (which I use in my modded skin)

This is currently only working for me in TV shows and not movies. Is this a skin or addon issue? Thanks.
(2015-06-03, 17:38)Tennyten Wrote: This is currently only working for me in TV shows and not movies. Is this a skin or addon issue? Thanks.

It's only designed to work with TV Shows, can you explain how or what you thought it would do with movies?
I must say this is pretty awesome. Aside from the bug mentioned above (prompting to play the last episode again) I didn't have any issues with it watching a few series last night.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix style next up notification7