Dailymotion Firefox remote
Figured it out... Anyway the add-on is now writing to dailymotionid.dat, but I can't get it to auto run the script... any ideas?
-Levi
Figured that out too. Thanks for all the help, Levi.
Okay, so how did you change permissions on the hard drive....

I'm getting an error with every program I try, and I'm paranoid about taking my HD out and mounting it to do it...
Didn't need to change permissions at all... Just enable the web server through XBMC, then the dailymotion remote works just fine...

- Levi
Alright, this is definitely gay. I downloaded the dailymotion firefox script, ftp'd the files to my xbox, installed the firefox script. Downloaded filezilla because I couldn't figure out how to change file attributes with my old ftp program. Changed the numbers from 555 to 777. Go in my xbox to run the dailymotion script. It starts up, and the stops.

I can run other shit fine, but not this one... this is REALLY pissing me off as its been about a month and still no help.
PS. Web server is enabled. and yeah once you figure something out, how about posting what you did so others can get it working too.
All I did was enable web server, but now my Daily Motion remote isn't working anymore... Just says "Loading video" then just cancels out. Yay!

-Levi
Well I've done alot of research and haven't really found a definite answer. I donno if it's b/c I have firefox 2.0? or that i have xbox media center but the remote for youtube used to work for me so I figured ok since this daily motion remote is based off the youtube one then It should work the same way. Well unfortunately neither work. the youtube one a window pops up on xbmc saying it's caching the video then it just stops and exits. The daily motion one doesn't do anything when I right click. I donno if I need a diff version of xbmc I believe i have 2.01 b/c i upgraded since i thought maybe 2.0 it wasn't working. I found a dailymotion script that you can search straight off the xbox but the searching doesn't work good. I would love to be able to have the remote to work b/c i just use my laptop so it's the perfect setup. I looked for the answers but none seem to work. the whole webserver thing I've had that enabled. the baffling thing is how this used to work and now it doesn't. I know some scripts tend to stop working. I just want to watch all the tv shows off this site http://www.tv-links.co.uk and most of them are daily motion so if anyone has any fixes other then this or any other methods that I can stream videos off the net to my xbox . I really like the firefox extensions that let you right click but they all stopped working. thanks if anyone can help or if anyone has these same issues
Smile 
Dailymotion recently updated their url format and the script points towards the wrong file anyway?!

I've posted my updated (and working version) on rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/9198341/XBMC...n.zip.html

Enjoy Smile
darkip Wrote:Dailymotion recently updated their url format and the script points towards the wrong file anyway?!

I've posted my updated (and working version) on rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/9198341/XBMC...n.zip.html

Enjoy Smile

This file does not exist anymore, can someone upload a working DailyMotion script. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dailymotion Firefox remote0