dvblogic vs tvheadend
Hi guys question for those who have used both, what is better tvheadend or dvblogic onces opensource and ones paid quality wise any difference?
I am running both at this time, but I seem to prefer tvheadend. I have been using DVBLink running on my Synology DS 211j NAS for about a year or so, and it works fine, but does have some short comings.

I Installed OpenELEC on my $35 MK808B+ (Amlogic S805 SoC) a couple months ago, and using tvheadend server for my backend and frontend. I am recording to my Synology NAS. It also has some shortcomings.

Both are web based configuration and both are nice, but I think the web configuration for tvheadend is a little more polished.

I am in the US so, I am using two HDHomeRun OTA tuners (4 tuners) for my signal, and Schedules Direct for my Guide data for tvheadend and PercData for my guide data for DVBLink.

Here is my video showing how to configure tvheadend server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y-E4sQSb94

Here is my video showing how to configure DVBLink server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upzRATQp-zs
tvheadend is way better, dvblogic has 8 client limitation to begin with.
I started off using VBox's own recording and Kodi Add On and when I found that limiting (file naming, HD EPG, recording) I moved to DVBLogic running on my QNAP NAS and the DVBLogic Kodi Add On which was miles better. It was simply to setup and for most would probably be great but still had some limitations and for me an annoying issue which resulted in empty recordings intermittently. I have now moved to TVheadend running on my QNAP NAS and the associated Kodi Add On - it was a pain to set up as VBox provides IPTV via a different URL for each channel - but once set up it is ticking all the boxes and has been reliable and the weighting system that is used to determine whether to interrupt a recording is great (especially if something is recording and I am watching the channel at the same time as the weighting total is the weighting of the recording + the weighting of the viewing client - very nice). Any failed recordings can also auto record the next airing of the program.

Each option increased the complexity of setting it up from VBox being easy, DVBLogic being middle and TVheadend being the hardest but functionality also increased in the same measure which made it worthwhile for me.

Typical that I found a script afterwards that would have made the importing of the channels easier - but I learnt how TVheadend configuration maps together.
I'm currently using DVBLogic on my Netgear Readynas 102. Interested thought in using TVheadend on it as well. Has anyone compiled a package that allows TVheadend to run on a Netgear Readynas 102?
Does Tvheadend work with Windows 10?

Edit:

No it does not, I just found out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dvblogic vs tvheadend0