• 1(current)
v15 OSD Erratic Behavior
I have been experiencing an issue with the OSD during video playback for the last couple of months. I build from git so I didn't report it since I figured it was just a temporary issue that had popped up.

When I first start Kodi the OSD acts properly but after a few minutes its starts acting up. Brining up info or the menu OSD sometimes bring up a black or partial dialog.

One the issue has started if you stop a video and start another one the initial OSD that appears on playback start doesn't disappear correctly. Instead the time window and time text stays visible, and the progress bar (if the skin has it) disappears but its window may stay visible.

Hitting info a couple of times on the remote will make is disappear. But sometimes until you stop playback you can no longer call up info or the menu, and seeking will not work.

I have tried it with multiple skins, and with no add-ons.

Any ideas?

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/p0euzcpca

Video examples:

#1 With Confluence the OSD will not disappear, info and menu do not respond:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU7sRGNISls

#2 Arctic:Zephyr skin. OSD will not disappear, hitting info a few times clears it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXL0kps-7ss

System:
Git 2015-06-01-c58a7b7
Ubuntu Trusty
Kernel 3.13.0-29
nVidia GeForce GTX 750
(2015-06-02, 18:29)drivesoslow Wrote: I have been experiencing an issue with the OSD during video playback for the last couple of months. I build from git so I didn't report it since I figured it was just a temporary issue that had popped up.

When I first start Kodi the OSD acts properly but after a few minutes its starts acting up. Brining up info or the menu OSD sometimes bring up a black or partial dialog.

One the issue has started if you stop a video and start another one the initial OSD that appears on playback start doesn't disappear correctly. Instead the time window and time text stays visible, and the progress bar (if the skin has it) disappears but its window may stay visible.

Hitting info a couple of times on the remote will make is disappear. But sometimes until you stop playback you can no longer call up info or the menu, and seeking will not work.

I have tried it with multiple skins, and with no add-ons.

Any ideas?

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/p0euzcpca

Video examples:

#1 With Confluence the OSD will not disappear, info and menu do not respond:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU7sRGNISls

#2 Arctic:Zephyr skin. OSD will not disappear, hitting info a few times clears it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXL0kps-7ss

System:
Git 2015-06-01-c58a7b7
Ubuntu Trusty
Kernel 3.13.0-29
nVidia GeForce GTX 750

YES!!!! i have this exact same issue and you described what happens so much better than i could. i thought that it must be a skin problem originally but i soon discovered it even occurs for me in confluence. i went so far as to completely reload everything without using any backups and it still eventually occurs in this scenerio as well.

rolling back to a helix release immediately fixes things for me. it has to be an Isengard issue i believe.
I would suggest compiling more information and posting it here:

Your hardware and software setup
Debug logs from Kodi
Videos if possible
Is that PVR only? Because I dont see any of this.
It is not PVR only. While watching video files it will happen. And like knives of ice brings up experiences I also have trouble with video add-ons leaving the loading dialog visible: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=230124

That being said I do feel it is more noticeable during PVR use because of the initial lag caused by my network tuner when choosing a station.
You keep trying to link these two threads for some reason.

I cant diagnose your issue from that overly polluted debug log with everything and their mothers enabled. Its impossible to catch any issues from that.

I dont see any such issues, but my install is pretty sane and vanilla. Perhpas you want to try a clean profile with all default skin and no addons and test.

You want to start with a fresh everything and restore one by one until it happens in case its addon causing this or some peripheral.
(2015-06-23, 19:59)uNiversal Wrote: You keep trying to link these two threads for some reason.

I cant diagnose your issue from that overly polluted debug log with everything and their mothers enabled. Its impossible to catch any issues from that.

I dont see any such issues, but my install is pretty sane and vanilla. Perhpas you want to try a clean profile with all default skin and no addons and test.

You want to start with a fresh everything and restore one by one until it happens in case its addon causing this or some peripheral.

This is what i did to try to get rid of the issue. I wiped everything and started over without using any backups. it may take a few days but the issue always comes back. The only solution was to go back to Helix where everything worked perfectly. It did not matter what skin i was using it would happen in confluence or even a highly graphical skin like aeon nox shednox. i haven't tried adding each addon back one by one however, but i will say i was not using any weird 3rd party add ons that you can stream things from, etc and aren't talked about on this site.

i realize this may not be helpful without a log but i'm back using helix currently anyways.

I'm running OpenElec on an HP Chromebox.
(2015-06-23, 19:59)uNiversal Wrote: You keep trying to link these two threads for some reason.

I did exactly this over the weekend and the problem came back before I added anything in. It works fine at first but progressively as you use it the issue appears and then gets worse.

I will try to strip the system back down this weekend and get logs with nothing else installed.
YEs but where PVR only or PVR and Video addons?

Normal videos here in lib from smb/nfs sources I get no such issues,
(2015-06-23, 21:12)uNiversal Wrote: YEs but where PVR only or PVR and Video addons?

Normal videos here in lib from smb/nfs sources I get no such issues,

i don't even use PVR/live tv addons and i had the issue all the time. i wasted many hours trying to figure out the problem since i didn't see others reporting it so much so that i wiped everything and restored with no backup cause i was convinced i must have something in my setup causing the issue.

i had this happen with tv and movies playing back from windows shared folders.
Well to your issue we seen no debug logs so far, drivesoslow's logs was utterly undecipherable due to the sheer amount of trash output. Some Debug logs concise to the issue would be nice.

From your remarks on your post you are on android, drivesoslow is Linux.
I have the same problem on both of my systems after upgrading from Helix to the Isengard beta. It happens randomly and won't stop until I restart Kodi. Restarting Kodi solves the problem for a couple of hours, but it eventually returns sooner or later.

Debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/pdkusr65v
Wheres the part of the log which enumerates the addons in the system?

Aside from that and a couple of repos I see no pertinent issues wit that log that indicate any issue.
(2015-06-23, 22:24)uNiversal Wrote: Well to your issue we seen no debug logs so far, drivesoslow's logs was utterly undecipherable due to the sheer amount of trash output. Some Debug logs concise to the issue would be nice.

From your remarks on your post you are on android, drivesoslow is Linux.

no, as i said i'm using OpenElec on a Chromebox. it is linux not android.

let me know exactly what you want in a log since the logs posted thus far don't seem to be what you are looking for and i'll put back on Isengard and post the log.

yes, the new poster is correct if you reboot it will be solved for a bit but the problem comes back. it seems completely random.
Ideally its a full debug log that shows when this issue happens. Grab it and pastebin the log and the link here. When you talked of factory reset I assumed android dindt know OE supported that.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD Erratic Behavior1